[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I really want to go to New Zealand
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: new-zealand-wallpaper-21.jpg (1 MB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
new-zealand-wallpaper-21.jpg
1 MB, 2560x1440
Long time lurker of many boards on 4chan, this is my first post.

Anyone know of the best ways to get to New Zealand and things to do/see there? I studied abroad for a semester and have been out of the country several times.

I won't be able to do this trip for a while as I am still a student, but I'm really into hiking, camping, etc. and I want to do it in New Zealand real bad. Any advice from people who have been or New Zealanders would be appreciated. Cheers!
>>
>>1112646
NZfag here.

We are an island, so the best way to get here (unless you have some kind of irrational fear, or love being stuck on a boat for weeks) is an aeroplane.

As far as things to do/see go, hiking, camping, hunting etc. are all good ideas, the native bush here is amazing. The roads here are crappy, and people can't drive for shit though, so watch out if you plan on road tripping.
>>
>>1112698
that's a plane that flies through the aero
>>
>>1112713
The Wright Brothers founded the Wright Brothers Aeroplane Company.

People who work on aeroplanes are aerospace engineers.

Aerodynamics.

Aerobatics.

Keep up, m8.
>>
>>1112698

"the people" You mean any car with renter plates on it. ie chinks.
>>
>>1112713
>>1112713
Lmao to both

Not op, but it's random as hell and I find Maori/white mixes to be gorgeous if they're not fat as fuck... Where in new Zealand would have the highest concentration of that?
>>
>>1112787
Maori/white mixes

I dunno, the Wairarapa?

>>1112784
>renter plates
I'm not sure what that means. Rental cars here just have normal plates.

And no, I mean a vast majority of people here, of all races, ages and sexes, are just really REALLY unskilled at operating a motor vehicle, in addition to barely grasping the 'road rules'

Also, the road surface is poorly maintained. And so are peoples cars.
>>
I'm flying out to NZ from the UK in June, with a 2 year working visa.

Where would be best to work at first through the winter? I'll explore a little when I get there, but I want to save as much as I can for the summer
>>
>>1112979
>Where would be best to work at
Uh, do you have any skills?
>>
>>1112979
Queenstown would be a good choice. Beautiful in winter and you're in one of the most scenic regions in the country.

Pros: Snowsports ski slopes etc. Amazing scenery all around you.
Fresh mountain air.
If you don't end up living/working it is worth a visit anyway

Cons: Lots of tourists, one of the highest concentrations of them in the South Island. Cold, but probably no worse than the UK. Possibly higher cost of living since the main consumers are rich foreigners. Not sure about work opportunities down there.

Any specific aspect of nz you want to see?
>>
>>1113031
I want to do all the great walks while I'm there. The first winter/few months i'm not too fussed, I just want to save up some extra money and relax for a little while
>>
>>1113015
I work in hospitality
>>
>>1113036
There are great walks in the southern alps and just Otago region in general, never been to Fiordland but I have heard it is amazing. Mountains and lakes are probably the main attraction in that area but if you want to see New Zealand native bush then the West Coast is worth a visit.

I also would have to recommend Golden Bay and Nelson. These are very popular with tourists from Europe, people into hiking tramping etc. and they say it is one of the nicest climates in New Zealand.

I don't know much about the North Island because I have only ever been there whilst in Auckland or Wellington which are just big cities. If your into hunting there is a pretty big hunting culture here.
>>
>>1113038
>I work in hospitality

Well, get a part time hospo job I guess, there is no shortage of cafes etc.

Just don't expect lots of tips, that's not really a big thing over here, because waiters and shit actually get paid.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.