[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey guys Kiwifag here staying in Seattle for a few days, and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: seattle.jpg (41 KB, 550x331) Image search: [Google]
seattle.jpg
41 KB, 550x331
Hey guys
Kiwifag here staying in Seattle for a few days, and then San Fran for a few days after that in mid August. Traveling solo around a few places on my way to South America.
Would really appreciate some tips on where I should stay, on a bit of a budget.
Most likely will do AirBnb, but possibly hostels. Not a massive party guy at 30 years old, but will definitely be getting on tinder and trying to hook up.
Any advice welcome, and thanks in advance!

Pic obviously related
>>
Bay Area native here. That sounds like a cool trip! I haven't used Airbnb, but do you want recommendations for food, coffee, or other stuff like that? San Francisco and Mill Valley nearby have some great restruraunts cafés, and bakeries.
>>
Seattle has hostels and plenty of AirBnB. Not sure what additional advice I could offer... Book early?
>>
>>1112111
>>1112908
Hey dudes thanks for replies. Booked a hostel in the city of Seattle. That's sorted.
Would love some advice about where are nice areas to stay in San Fran?
>>
>>1113591
I'd take the HI hostel in the Tenderloin. You'll see a lot of reviews about how bad the area is, but as long as you use your head and know how to deal with homeless people, it's fine. San Francisco is the most expensive place in the US, so you want to save as much as you can. There is a lot of good, cheap vietnamese food nearby as well, and it's pretty centrally located.
>>
>>1113591
I'm guessing your hostel in Seattle is somewhere downtown, since that's where most of them are. You shouldn't have a problem getting around and having fun.

Keep in mind most of the transit shuts down kind of early. It's usually not a problem getting downtown any time of night but it might take a while. Better to take a cab/uber if you're getting in late.
>>
>>1113593
>>1113669
Much appreciated chaps! Either of you wanna hang out in mid August? Haha
>>
South American has great hostels. Those with good reviews on HostelWorld are almost always neat, social and clean. Just book about 1-3 days in advance to get in the best ones.

The coastal places in Brazil are expensive as fuck. Northern South America and Argentina cheap as hell though.
>>
>>1113940
I won't be around in August but I can offer these tips:

- Rent a bike and explore
- Take the ferry, maybe to Bainbridge
- Ballard Locks
- Golden Gardens (best beach)
- Underground Tour (I always take visitors on this tour, some think it's lame but I love history)
- Burke/EMP/MOHAI/History of Flight/Living Computer Museum
- Skip the Space Needle and go to Columbia Tower
- Go to Pike Place very early in the morning (opens at 9am and quickly gets extremely crowded)
- See some live music if that's your thing (calendar.fm)
>>
>>1116058
Thanks man. Will take all of that into account
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.