[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Travel stress?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (79 KB, 448x299) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
79 KB, 448x299
Does anybody get really stressed out when they go on a trip? Even if it's a trip you've been looking forward to for a long time?

The last 2 trips I've taken, I've felt really stressed during the travel and first day in each location. I don't know why. I mean I like flying, that's something that I've always liked, and I don't get air sick. But both times I've felt sick to my stomach before we had to board the plane. And then once I got to the place I was going, I felt very stressed and exhausted. And I feel like I can't relax until I get my my hotel and just sit in bed for 2 hours or so. After that point, I feel more ready to go out and adventure. But it takes me about a full day before I feel more normal.

Anyone have this? Or ideas to prevent this?
>>
>jetlag

/thread
>>
>>1109925
dont think about trips too much
>>
>>1109928

not jetlag. This has happened even while flying somewhere in my same timezone
>>
File: 1425497041815.jpg (53 KB, 640x430) Image search: [Google]
1425497041815.jpg
53 KB, 640x430
>>1109925
Yeah, I seem to get more easily anxious when traveling.

A couple years ago I was in Portland and the next day I had to catch a train to Seattle to fly to Anchorage. Started to freak the fuck out out of nowhere and felt like shit the whole day. Ended up eating takeout at the motel while watching Deadliest Catch instead of doing something worthwhile. Reminding myself of this is not a good feel.
>>
>>1109941

That's exactly how I feel. When I went to Rome, Italy. I felt exactly like that. heavy anxiety and once I got into the hotel I went straight to bed. started to get really
Hungry but still felt kind of sick to my stomach. So I went to a grocery store and just bought some bread and at that at the hotel. But the next morning, I was starting to relax more so I actually went out and did stuff.

I just got back from New York yesterday. And I didn't want to do anything or eat anything the first day. I just felt like shit and didn't want to leave the hotel. But the 2nd day I felt perfectly fine when I woke up and went out and explored
>>
http://www.theatlantic.com/science/archive/2016/04/why-we-sleep-badly-on-our-first-night-in-a-new-place/479091/
>>
>>1109925
>>1109941
>>1109944

has it ever occurred to you guys that you might be pussy betas? Maybe consider drinking more and hitting on girls instead of hiding out in your rooms watching movies like a little bitch?

Nothing puts me to sleep like drunken sex with a stranger
>>
>>1109944
>When I went to Rome, Italy.
yeah just in case we thought you meant Rome, USA

Christ
>>
File: 1444047931356.jpg (18 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1444047931356.jpg
18 KB, 600x600
>>1110325
>>
Two times I've freaked out over not having the appropriate travel documents and I'm going to be denied flight and RIP money and reservations.

Second time was worse and it didn't even make sense because it was within EU free-travel zone.

During the trip itself, not really. I get my damned rest and it's all out & about from thereon.

>Or ideas to prevent this?
Forego plans and objectives for the day. Go out and see where your feet take you.
You'll ease into the new place and hopefully get over anxiety as you're navigating around.
>>
>>1109925
> Or ideas to prevent this?

Fapping can be a cure
>>
>>1109925
I suppose you could have some anxiety about missing the flight/safety or something upfront about forgetting something or doing something new? I don't know.
I might stress a little about that decision on what to pack, or sleeping through an early morning alarm, but whatever, it's only money.

Then, I do get kind of slammed with jetlag or fatigue the first few hours, some of the time. Make a decision to gorge on water, and abstain from crappy food, alcohol or too much sodium, in transit, and you'll avoid a little of it. I typically buy a nice hotel day one, or plan a little swim or spa trip. Just to start the trip with some recuperation, lose some of the ankle swelling, or get over some redeye flight.

Going transatlantic?? Get a deal on Icelandair, use the free layover to stop at blue lagoon. Pretty much pays for itself.
>>
>>1109925
I feel soooo much less tired when I check bags or use my spinner to the gate, so I don't ever put weight on my feet, back, neck, shoulders. Wear crocs on longhaul flights, like cushions on my feet, helps through long lines in customs/immigration
>>
>>1110325
Sup bogan
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.