[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Solo Travel
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
Where can I go as a solo traveler?
I did my first experience as solo traveler a week ago.
(I've been to Geneva, it was boring and expensive)
>>
>>1109588
>Where can I go as a solo traveler?
Everywhere. The world is your oyster, italianon.
>>
I think cities with big metro systems are best for a single traveller.

Or maybe its just me and my hatred of riding the bus
>>
Amsterdam/Netherlands

Good transport system; people are friendly, helpful and speak English
>>
>>1109588
anywhere in western Europe you can travel solo without any issues. almost everyone speaks some english. >>1109601 is right about metro systems and transport. going along with that I just did Japan a couple of months ago and highly highly recommend it. Easy quick transport to anywhere in the country and its not terribly expensive. Its a safe country and the people are extremely friendly.
>>
>>1109588
Would you like to come with me as I travel the silk road over land from Italy to China?

We can sell textiles, drugs, and spices together. and ride camels.
>>
>>1109657
>tfw you will never be a NEET Real Traveller (TM) who ends up as the confidant of the Great Khan himself, and come home to Europe where no one will believe your greentext stories about your adventures... I'll just go whore myself out to Venetian sailors.
>>
I'm anxious to leave solo. trip has been booked already. Wat do?
>>
>>1109680
It's normal to be anxious before travelling, the hardest move is to go trought your appartement/house door, after that be open minded that's all
>>
>>1109680

solo travel is one of the better decisions you could have made

nobody to satisfy but yourself, do what you like, when you like...

any anxiety you feel will be gone for good after the first few days

enjoy!
>>
>>1109644
It's probably really expensive though.
Does anyone know how much does it cost to sleep in a cheap hostel there?
>>
>>1109706
Not really mane. Depending on your standards you can find a bed for less than 20 euros a night. And that goes for just about anywhere in Western Europe.
>>
>>1109707
Damn. Didn't know that.
I thought that because it's a big city it would probably be expensive as fuck.
>>
File: WIen_Tram.jpg (47 KB, 768x512) Image search: [Google]
WIen_Tram.jpg
47 KB, 768x512
>>1109601
>Or maybe its just me and my hatred of riding the bus
I don't see why people dislike riding the bus. The network is far denser and you see a lot more of the city that way.
Although I have to say that the best mode of transport is by tramway. Especially if they still use old cars. You have a great view from those.
>>
>>1109707
Knowing the type of people that go to Amsterdam, I have always had the feeling that a cheap hostel must be the worst experience

Full of the UK party crowd and chavs, US frat boys and people who care way too much about weed
>>
>>1109653
>western europe
Well I'd recommend eastern europe too. The big cities are same as in the west, but it is much cheaper. Major cities in Poland, Czech Rep. and Hungary seem to be very nice for solo traveling.
>>
>>1109917
The US frat boy situation seems to have disappeared since the legalization of recreational cannabis consumption in the western United States.
>>
>>1109934
I feel like I see more UK chavs going there though, or maybe thats just because the people from my school days are in there mid 20s now and actually have jobs somehow
>>
>>1109680
Same here. Anxious solo traveller who just booked a trip to Japan. I kept putting it off, but now's the best time for me to go. If not now, then when?
We're gonna make it.
>>
>>1109680
>>1109960
Best of luck, anons. I'm leaving for New Zealand in two weeks and I'm stoked.
>>
I'm taking a month off in June to go Paris Rome and Ukraine.
we're all gonna make it bros!
>>
>>1109960
Japan is a great place for a solo traveller. Tokyo was the first place I went alone and loved it so much. Decided to go USA alone after that and didn't have nearly as much fun. Then went back to Asia and fell back in love with solo travelling

>>1109972
How come Ukraine? Little different to the other two
>>
>>1109975
My family mostly, I haven't been there in almost five years now so I'm past overdue. (Going to Zaporyzhye and hopefully Odessa)
>>
>>1109588
My girlfriend lives in Tallinn/Estonia and I got there regularly (from UK). Tallinn is a really great city and you can always hop on a ferry and go to see Helsinki whilst you are there...
>>
>>1110114
She know russian ?
>>
>>1110120
Yes but at a basic level as she learnt it at school. Its something that most Estonians can understand/speak at a conversational level but don't really need to use because the Russians left over from the soviet era live in their own seperate communities away from the natives
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.