[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>separated out my vacation at work >have 3, week long vacations
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: 5435345234321.jpg (72 KB, 871x871) Image search: [Google]
5435345234321.jpg
72 KB, 871x871
>separated out my vacation at work
>have 3, week long vacations
>plus there are 3 long weekends in the next 4 months
is a long weekend enough to visit a city?

I live in Canada, and was thinking of traveling to the US. what are good cities to visit for a week? any suggestions?
i have no friends, so what cities are best alone?

>tfw was thinking of going to Florida
>coworker told me he loved disney world
>i'll be traveling by myself and remembered that they don't let adults in by themselves

i was thinking of new york. i've heard good things about the cronut. but tbqh, i don't even know what i'd do. just visit the landmarks? any good hostels in the US?
>>
>>1109102
Hostel culture is not the same in the US as abroad, admittedly I am not a hostel fan, period, but I definitely don't recommend it in the US. I am pretty sure you can get into Disney World by yourself, I know you can get into Disney Land in California by yourself. Long Weekends are enough for me with kids, but solo, I'm not sure, but there is nothing to say you can't visit again. You don't have to see everything in one trip.

Week long Cities:
NYC
D.C.
Boston

Hampton Roads Virgina/Outer Banks NC (same week)

What is cronut?
>>
>>1109105
thanks
i may have been wrong about disney world

will take a look at those cities

a cronut is a cross between a croissant and a donut. invented at some bakery in NYC a few years ago. i don't know if it's still popular (pic related)
>>
Bump
Any other good cities to visit, any must do/see things?

Some of the national parks look cool, but Ive never been camping. Afraid I'll get lost out die or something. Haven't even been to algonquin, here in Ontario, Canada
>>
Not trying to bully, but why the hell would you want to go to Disneyland by yourself if you're >15? Wouldn't it just feel incredibly sad and lonely?
>>
>>1109661
my coworker said it was fun

now that i think about it, going to any amusement park by yourself is sad and lonely. which is probably why i haven't been to one in over a decade
>tfw no friends
>>
>>1109661
Not sure what OP is, but I knew quite a few Japanese girls and women that just loved the shit out of Tokyo disney and would go atleast once a month whether they had anyone to go with or not. There was one disney otaku I met that would go every fucking week. She had the seasonal pass, but I just couldn't understand how the parks were enjoyable that often.
>>
>>1109661
Don't know if you are into podcasts, but Ryan Higgins, from Comics Conspiracy, and The Geekbox, has frequently gone by hisself. They also have Disney social special events and races where a bunch of people go solo because you meet people there.
>>
>>1109668
>>1109712
OP here, i don't know if I'll go solo anymore. waiting in line by myself isn't my favourite thing to do tbqh
>>
>>1109661
Yes it is very sad. Some people don't have a choice. Should they not visit because they don't have friends?

>>1109665
>>1110569
I came to this thread to learn not get feels. Please get your feels back. I have enough feels already. Having no friends really hits hard when you see other people enjoying their trip together. Solo travel has it's place and purpose. But I'd rather have a few people to go out with and share the experience with. And than look back and remember all the good times you've had with them.
>>
I live in Canada and I'm taking a vacation alone too, sucks bro
>>
File: 3453452342342345.jpg (5 MB, 1600x2400) Image search: [Google]
3453452342342345.jpg
5 MB, 1600x2400
OP here

i'm looking at hostels. one of the popular and highly rated ones in NYC has the following:
>all male 8-person room
>co-ed 6-person room
which should i reserve, considering i'm socially autistic as fuck (no friends, awkward, "shy", etc.)
>>
>>1111505
>all female 8-person room

That one
>>
>>1111505
Always go for the lowest number of persons possible. Less chance of snorers or otherwise annoying people.
>>
>>1111556
that's what i thought

>tfw going to spend 8 days in NYC
>don't even know what to do
shit is so much better with friends. i can go to restaurants or bars with another person, like normal people. now my only option is to go alone, or avoid these places
>>
>>1111804
I'm a solo traveller because no friends. Just don't worry about it. If you eat alone or have a drink by yourself, it's not the end of the world. You'll probably never see those people again. Plus think of all the cool shit you can plan without having to worry about a +1.
>>
>>1111806
true, but going to places that require a reservation by yourself seems lonely and sad to me

if i wanted to show someone pics of my vacation, i'd rather them not all be selfies
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.