[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Guys, I haven't flown overseas in 6 years on account of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 0
Guys, I haven't flown overseas in 6 years on account of living in AUSTRALIA. I'm going to Europe this June, but whenever I go searching for tickets I can only find south east Asian airlines offering tickets that I can afford and it makes me really anxious. I would prefer to fly with Qantas or Emirites but I just can't spend 3k on tickets.

Do you guys feel anxious flying with budget airlines, or do you just not give a shit? How do you deal?
>>
>>1108774
Budget airlines still have to abide by the same safety standards if that's what you're worried about. The only difference is in service, it's usually shittier. I fly budget airlines all the time cause I'm a cheap jew but I don't have big expectations for flying, I just want to use them to get from point a to b.
>>
No, not really. As a fellow ausfag, I get worried for maybe 30 mins after the plane takes off, then I'm just bored and nauseous for the next 8-14 hours. You need to become a bit of a nihilist for that flight.

Singapore Airlines is top-tier, or at least I thought it was last time I flew with them. Thai isn't bad either - I flew with them through Lufthansa, and the Thai flight crew and service was a lot nicer than the Germans (the Lufthansa flight from Bangkok to Frankfurt didn't even have TVs.)

Related - Qantas is shit and far, far too overpriced for what you get.
>>
>>1108774
Try flying with Singapore or Thai if you can.
>>
>>1108774
>>1108790
Also in terms of anxiety, a safety record of an airline doesn't really come into account when I'm deciding a flight. Its more based on price, length (incl stop overs), food and IFE.
>>
>>1108782
>>1108790
Thanks friends. My choices are between Singapore and Thai; I've found a Singapore Airlines flight for ~$1,400
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 0

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.