[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How would one go about getting to Afghanistan? I've always
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 97
Thread images: 9
File: 2000px-Flag_of_Afghanistan.svg.png (226 KB, 2000x1333) Image search: [Google]
2000px-Flag_of_Afghanistan.svg.png
226 KB, 2000x1333
How would one go about getting to Afghanistan? I've always wanted to see that country, maybe pick up a trophy wife, and go see the huge number of historical artifacts there, but I dont particularly feel like dying. Is there any feasible and intelligent way of visiting Afghanistan?

I have degrees in political science and economics if that would help me secure work over there. I'm willing to do anything, it's always been one of my lifes goals to see that country.
>>
>>1107485
Join the Army.
>>
Also curious. But I'd wait a few more years to see if the situation will eventually calm down. Until then, it'll be a place I can only admire through pictures.
>>
>>1107496
can't mate, not when we're literally pulling out of there.
>>
OP, I've a few people who worked for an NGO out there. It's worth looking in to one of those. There are also teaching positions from time to time on tefl.com and eslcafe.com. I applied to one job in Kabul and got an email back very quickly asking for an interview. They're probably very desperate for teachers.

https://www.tefl.com/job-seeker/jobpage.html?jobId=77896&countryId=

Good luck, I'd love to go as well. If you're interested in Afghanistan I recommend. The Great Game by Hopkirk
>>
>>1107502
Thank you amigo! I very much appreciate that. Do you have any other information?

I only know English and some Russian so I don't know if that will help me. But how much do those jobs typically pay?
>>
>>1107509
namely I'd like to know what qualifications are for these jobs. I'd assume they weren't in high demand, but should I focus on getting a TEFL certification if I wanted to work there? If so which one?
>>
>>1107511
A TEFL would probably be enough, but the CELTA would do you better in the kind term since it's administered by Cambridge and employers will know exactly how you've been trained. I have a TEFL,and it does me fine, but some schools want CELTAs only a.k.a pay again for teacher training.
>>
>>1107509
No other info, huevon. Google around and see what you find.

No idea on the pay, I heard of some people making great money teaching for the military and for foreigners in an international school the pay is probably good too.
>>
>>1107485
>I have degrees in political science and economics if that would help me secure work over there.
With those degrees (I assume that's a BA/BSc and some kind of Master's?) you may be a candidate for NGO work, although you'd be better off with some experience atop that. There are at least three or four big INGOs doing political and/or economic work there--look at devex.com for listings.

I've done some contract work with a few big NGOs there. The lifestyle is not at all relaxed--it's pretty much all work, all the time, and depending on your employer there may be restrictions on your freedom of movement (I was forbidden to walk or take photos in the city). The security situation is bad and getting worse--the odds are narrowly against your getting hurt in Kabul or in the far North, but the odds of something violent happening to someone while you're there are very high, and it's always possible to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. Also, most roads between points of interest are not secure.

But if you're working for a large international outfit, danger pay makes contracts there very lucrative--I made well over $1000/day.
>>
File: Geography_of_Afghanistan.jpg (428 KB, 1024x690) Image search: [Google]
Geography_of_Afghanistan.jpg
428 KB, 1024x690
>>1107652
Care to share info on how to find NGOs? It's been more of a dream of mine to visit Afghanistan, and I feel like I've more or less missed my opportunity a few years ago. Danger pay sounds pretty cool though, and desu, I have little fear of death. I've come to terms with it a while ago.
>>
>>1107653
Devex.com has arguably the best job listings for the development sector; there's also indevjobs dot... I think it's org. But you'll need at least a Master's degree to qualify for interesting international jobs, or, in the case of Afghanistan, military experience, particularly in security or logistics, since all the big NGOs have operations units that include ex-military security and procurement people.
>>
Why would you want to go to this sandnigger shithole so badly?
>>
>>1107786
I have a thing for sandy shit holes, that's why I fucked your mother last night.

Nah but actually though, it has a very fascinating history, and the people are just bizarre to me. Never seen a country like it before. irl or on tv
>>
Bamiyan is very safe. I went there with my family a couple of years ago. You will need to change flights at Kabul which is reasonably unsafe but once you arrive it's bliss

NGOs wise, turquoise mountain is great. I almost worked there myself. Look it up
>>
File: _0025_d3_wakhan_00445.jpg.jpg (313 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
_0025_d3_wakhan_00445.jpg.jpg
313 KB, 1600x900
>>1107789
I'm totally obsessed with Afghanistan and I'd love to go, but I know it's stupid for me to visit when it's getting more dangerous, plus I'm weak and a [spoiler]female[/spoiler].

I just feel so drawn to it for some reason. You could go to the Wakhan though, that's the safest place in the country.
>>
>>1107903
>>1107789
Lets say the war ends tomorrow and Afghanistan is 100% safe from terrorist attack and kidnapping.

I wonder if your interest in the people and the history would still be there.
>>
File: B8x5eM4IMAAMAJm.jpg (40 KB, 476x704) Image search: [Google]
B8x5eM4IMAAMAJm.jpg
40 KB, 476x704
>>1107919
Definitely. I agree that the violence can be fascinating to some, but that's far from the reason I want to go there. The people are hospitable and beautiful (I doubt security would change that), the landscapes are amazing, differences in culture and their history is interesting (would love to visit some of their musuems), etc.

There's so much more to Afghanistan than the suffering.
>>
>>1107485
>pick up an Afghan trophy wife

Been there, done that, and wouldn't recommend it m8. Sure its a nice little ego boost to be in a relationship with a woman from one of, if not the most conservative culture in the world. Also Afghan girls, in my opinion, tend to be beautiful both on the inside and out.

But aside from all that I still recommend against it as religous/cultural differences will eventually get in the way, its only a matter of time. She will love the forbidden aspect, being in a relationship with a non-Pashtun and non-Muslim, she'll act as if its all a big romantic drama film and lead you on and tell you it will be a happy ending. But at the end of the day, when push comes to shove, she won't go through with marrying you cause it would mean her whole family never speaking to her again. Furthermore it explicitly states that a Muslim women can't marry a non-Muslim man in the Koran. If you are religous yourself, for example Christian, there will also be conflict as to which religion you raise the children. If you are athiest, she is going to find that wierd and maybe would not get involved with you in the first place. So all in all you will be left scratching your head one day a year later thinking wtf when she cuts you off.

I'm three months on since that day and still not properly over her, which is really starting to piss me off as I normally move on quick and never get oneitis. Don't even have much desire to go out and meet other girls for now.

Obviously I am writing all this on the assumption that you are not Muslim, if you are then go for it.
>>
>>1107903
>You could go to the Wakhan though, that's the safest place in the country.
Recent information indicates it has seen an influx of Tajik islamist rebels - driven out of their own country by the Tajik government - so safety might again be an issue.
>>
File: 2016-wr-pakistan_0.jpg (651 KB, 1500x750) Image search: [Google]
2016-wr-pakistan_0.jpg
651 KB, 1500x750
>>1108001
Really? Shit, I haven't heard of that. This poor country can't get a break, it's only going to get worse.
>>
>>1108018
http://archive.4plebs.org/trv/thread/1053050/
Search for Wakhan, the OP answered a few questions I asked because I had the same idea as you - also, apologies, it's Uzbek rebels that are making the Wakhan unsafe apparently.
>>
>>1107992
I don't want to pry but I'm curious about what's the story there. How did you meet?
>>
>>1107992
Story of my life senpai. It doesn't get much better 6 months after, I'm afraid.
>>
what do pashtun muslim men think of catholic american girls? can i get a qt trophy husband?
>>
>>1108722

Probably, but you will need to convert to Islam.
>>
>>1108722
Erm.... yeah, but you don't wanna guy from Afghanistan, they'll beat the shit out of you for looking at them wrong. Muslim men are terrible.

With that said though, maybe my trophy wife can go out with your trophy husband when they inevitably leave us.

>>1107919
Yeah, I keep wishing it was still the 60s or 70s and that it was still safe to go. I want to see the BUddhist monastaries, or the Seleucid Amphitheaters, or the remains of the Mongols, the British, the Macedonians. It's a gorgeous country with sexy people and sexy history.

>>1107992
OP here, honestly I was just kidding and being facetious. Are those seriously possible in Afghanistan? Why don't I just find a hot chick or a younger woman and buy her or something, they do that there, right?
Honestly, I'd probably adopt a kid before adopting a wife, it'd probably be one of the rural Afghans, the ones with blonde hair or sparkling green eyes are just fucking gorgeous (I mean that in the absolute least pedo way possible) and regardless, I'm 99% garunteed to not do either, so I'm not exactly concerned.
>>
>>1108822
>>1107992

I was just hoping for information, is all. It's bizzare what you can do there.
>>
>>1108822
Ok what if i went there to those Pashtun men who have those dancing boys, and try to get them to discuss about them openly with women, and remind them boys are for women and men should leave boys alone. Do you think it'll work? I mean if I was a degenerate I wouldn't mind having beautiful 15-18 year old boys.
>>
>>1109079
Get the fuck out of here you peado.
>>
>>1109083

I just turned 18 , faggot
>>
>>1108238
No worries, the story is a bit more complicated than her just cutting me off desu, but I could use a (you) cause this girl has really left my head in a spin.

>Be me in Summer 2014
>Move from UK to Canada for an exchange programe for my third year of university
>Arrive in Canada in August 2014, do first semester of classes.
>In January 2015 first day of new semester, see said Pashtun girl in my class, can't take my eyes off her (always had a thing for Muslim girls)
> She is completley covered ankle to head, full hijabi, only hands showing, but absoloutley beautiful
> At the end of my class I plan to go up and speak to her
> Don't even need to as she comes straight over to me and says "Hey, weren't you in my class last semester?"
> Turns out we were, I somehow never clocked her though as it was a big lecture hall unlike this small classroom.
>Funnily enough she actually thought I was Syrian and Muslim before she came up and spoke to me cause I look quite middle eastern and had a big beard at the time.

Side Note: if a hijabi girl makes any sort of initiation and makes the first move, that means she is really really into you, otherwise she wouldn't.

>Anyway chat to her, making her laugh etc, take her number
>She was born in the Swat, all of her family are Pashtun (Afghans), she lived there till she was 6 then her and her family moved to Canada (she was 21 at this point).
>despite growing up in Canada, still very traditional eg covered up, didn't go out unless for uni or with her family, prayed 5 times a day etc

Basically took it from there. Started speaking to her on whatsapp basically non-stop, conversation just kept flowing. Saw her at uni all the time as well.
>>
>>1108238
>>1109303 (Cont'd)

After about three weeks of this she says to me
>anon, we aren't going to work, you're not Muslim
> I tell her to not think so far ahead
>Continue to spend more and more time together
>Bear in mind btw that she had never had any kind of relationship, no sexual contact, never kissed a guy, never even held a guy's hand.
> Eventually after a month she informs me that she has been promised to someone back in the Swat since she was born
> Tells me her dad has been making her speak to him and wants them to go visit them.
> She tells me she is never gonna marry that guy as they don't get on, and that her dad promised her that she would respect her decision as long as she goes over there and meets him, gives him a chance, then if she decides not to marry him its fine.
> Three months after we had been together she said to me "I knew after two weeks I wanted to marry you, if you were a Muslim I would already have told my family about you and got engaged to you if you had wanted to. I want to marry you but can't cause you're not a Muslim"
> Anyway I have to go back home to the UK in May 2015 to get back to real life and finish my studies
>We continue to talk for hours each day on WhatsApp.
> In July, about six months after we had met, she then tells me "Anon I want to be with you and I don't care that you're not a Muslim. You can take me to the UK right now and I will marry you as soon as I get off the plane. You complete me etc etc, I don't care if it means being cut off from my family, they will come round once we have children"
> She also tells me "I'll wait for you forever, its you or no one. If you don't marry me I will just stay with my parents and look after them till they are old".
> I was thinking to myself, damm, she is perfect, but I have so many plans to travel, live abroad etc, do I really want to tie myself down when I am in my last year of my studies and only 20?
>>
>>1108238
>>1109304
> I explain to her that I want to travel a lot before I settle
> She says "its fine anon, I can travel with you or if you want to travel on your own I will stay and wait for you, thats what my mom did cause my dad worked at sea when I was young"
> Start discussing what will happen with the children, conflict obviously because she is a very practicing Muslim and I am Christian (not really that practicing but my faith is still important for me, and want to pass it on to my children). I therefore have doubts, she says its fine, things will sort themselves out.
> I think about taking her over to the UK to seal the deal and live with me and get married, but then start having doubts as I want to focus on my last year of uni, also my parents would flip if they found out about her cause of all the baggage and drama, especially as my brother was and still is very sick so the last thing my parents needed is more to worry about.
> Her trip back to the Swat with her family is set for November 2015.
> I tell her to put her foot down and tell her not to go
> She says "I have no choice, this is really important for my dad and his reputation/honour in our community. Besides he told me if I don't want to marry him he will respect my choice. I also want to see my grandparents and other family."
>>
>>1108238
>>1109306
> She goes on the trip, we still talk all the time on whatsapp.
>When she gets there she realisies that everyone in her village is acting as if the wedding is already going to go ahead even though she hasn't said yes (surprise surprise fucking paki cunts)
>She meets the guy she is supposed to marry. Nothing changes, still doesnt want to get married to him.
>Her dad, mum and all her family members start to subtly pressurise her.
>She tells me she is ready to tough it out, doesnt matter
> All of a sudden one day she kept on asking me "What am I to you", and I just do silly answers (don't like talking about feels). She keeps on asking for a serious answer. Obviously at this point I haven't committed to anything with her, I just told her yes I'd like to get married to her in the future if things work out, I just said for the time being lets just get over this hurdle and get her back to Canada.
> Her dad then goes full bastard mode, and starts crying etc having heart to heart conversation with her, telling her "If you love me then you'd marry him".
>She gives into the pressure and accepts because as she put it in her message to me "I can't give up my family's real love for your love which I'm not even sure is going to be there next year"
> I blank out for a few days, don't say anything
>Eventually message her, she then thinks she has made a mistake.
> She tells her dad she wants to call it off
>Her dad tells her no, its going ahead wether you like it or not
> Her village is isolated as fuck, house is gated and she can't go out on her own. She got in touch with Candian Embassy in Islamabad but they are fucking useless in regards to this.
> She then tells me she will go ahead with the wedding just for show, then her dad would let her go back to Canada and she would get the marriage annulled, then she would come join me in the UK.
>>
>>1108238
>>1109311
> Three days before the wedding her internet mysteriously cuts off. (I think her dad it cut it off on purpose to stop her contacting the embassy or the police,, she told me it just broke down though. I should point out that the police in this circumstance would have been fucking useless if she had any way of telling them, they would have just sided with the family)
> No news from her as she didnt have a sim card, internet was her only means of contacting me
>Oh well its in God's hands now, whatever happens happens
>Day of the wedding is fixed for Monday January 18th, the day goes by and no news
>Tuesday January 19th I get a long whatsapp message from her telling me that she went ahead with the wedding, and that the internet had been down and only went up again today.
> She told me in the message that her dad came into her room the night before the wedding, crying and telling her "if you don't want to go ahead with the wedding its fine, I will call it off, you're my sweetheart" etc etc.
>Obviously she has been emotionally blackmailed like fuck by this point
> She has another chat with the guy she is supposed to marry
>She goes ahead with the marriage cause in her words "X is the Muslim, you're not". "I knew it would make my father so happy, thats why I did it"
> She tells me, as if she was fucking secretary writing a business email "I am happy with my decision, I am married to him now, I won't annul the marriage when I go back to Canada, and you need to stop messaging me"
> I couldn't resist asking her if she smiled at the wedding
>Tfw she told me she did
>>
>>1108238
>>1109303
>>1109304
>>1109306
>>1109311
>>1109314

Btw the whole time her family had no idea about me, apart from one of her sisters who used to see us hang out in uni sometimes.

So yeah, I would have liked to have ended up with her one day, but things didn't work out like that. On the one hand I am glad, as it means my options are open. I think to myself sometimes, maybe I should have took her to the UK with me last summer, and we would be together and happy. Though there is also a possibility that she would have came running back to her family once her father messaged her or called her or whatever, they have a very close relationship, and that would have been the ultimate betrayl. Maybe her family wouldn't have even taken her back, who knows, its all what if. Also she wanted children quickly, I wanted to wait a while (for travel and living abroad). My parents would have flipped and possibily cut me off if she had come over if they had found out (I've already been involved with more uglier incidents with Muslim girls which my parents know about, so they obviously advised me to avoid them in the future). They would have been extra angry because of my sick brother which I mentioned above, so would even have been a bit selfish really. I would have had to have moved out, get into student loan debt to pay for an appartment for me and the girl, then keep the girl a secret from my parents, which would have been difficult as they would have wanted to come to my appartment, or would have seen us around our city, or someone they know would have. I was also put off by having all that go on when its my last year of uni.
>>
File: feel.jpg (20 KB, 500x248) Image search: [Google]
feel.jpg
20 KB, 500x248
>>1108238
>>1109303
>>1109304
>>1109306
>>1109311
>>1109314
>>1109318
>>1109318
Then on the other hand I think, we were perfect for each other. On the same page about everything apart from religion. Could spend all the time in the world with each other and it still would not have been enough, always talking, laughing, enjoying our time, and very attracted to one another. She really was THE ONE, and to some extent I think I had a great thing and let her go. My cousin and his wife were over visiting last week, they have been together since he was 18 and she was 16, they're 34 and 32 now. Made me think as my cousin has exactly the same kind of personality as me, and his wife has the same kind of personality as said Pashtun girl. They still have create chemistry all these years later. Together they are exactly like me and her were. Furthermore if we were together I wouldn't still be posting on a Taiwanese opium trading board, I'd be doing things with her, and fucking her hard every night lol.

But t b h what I feel most is a sense that I got what I deserved. I cheated on her more on more than 50 different occasions- possibly closer to 100, most of it occuring during the first 5 months when we were both in the same city and seeing each other. Despite having the best girl in the world, I still couldn't keep my dick out of my pants.

Even Chads still have feels tho.

Anyway this story would possibly have belonged better in /trv/ love story thread, but you did ask and I wanted to get it off my chest. Moral of the story if don't get seriously involved with a Muslim girl, especially a Pakistani or Afghan one. I've learned this the hard way, not only from this experience but others before it as well. This one was by the far hardest hitting tho.
>>
>>1109332
I was just curious too because I've dated Iranian girls and it was pretty casual. Amicable partings due to personality differences, the Muslim thing never came up.
>>
>>1109375
Was this inside or outside Iran? Most expat Persian tend not to be very religious
>>
>>1107485
>Political science and economics
>help you get a job in Afghanistan

Not unless to you get some research job attached to the army or something.

Afghanistan has pretty much no economy to speak of, so you can't just rock up and work for fucking McDonald's there
>>
>>1109318
In my early 20s (I'm 32 now), I briefly dated an Afghan girl. Similar story. Also took place in Canada.

Some differences were that she never wore any head coverings, and though her family were traditional, religious and conservative, they were 'relatively' progressive. She herself was I guess 'culturally Muslim', but when I knew her she never seemed particularly religious. Her parents let her go out with friends (10pm curfew and constant phone calls/texts though), have non-Muslim friends, even hang out with boys in GROUPS ONLY, wanted her to get an education, choose her own (Muslim) husband, etc.

We worked together at a shop, I was a few years older, and she had a huge crush on me. As she was fairly cute, and seemed pretty westernized at first, I thought why not. (She had curly black hair, was short, a little chubby, but well proportioned -- her tits were lovely, still among the best pair I've handled)

>tfw when popping her 18 year old Afghan cherry
She wasn't very good in bed at first, much too passive and very vanilla, but curious about everything...

Our fling didn't last long though. Basically, we couldn't sneak around her family any more. She said she'd be with friends, but was really with me. Her parents suspected something and put her on lockdown. She told me (I believed her) that they WOULD punish her if they found out she was having pre-marital sex with a kaffir. She had the foresight to take birth control, which she also had to sneak, and luckily she never pressed me about condoms -- nutting inside her was heavenly. I admit though that I sort of led her on in thinking we'd maybe get married. I never seriously thought it could work long-term, but I never corrected her either. I mean, I was 21-22, what the hell. I'm a pretty committed quiet/relaxed atheist, and there's no way I'd convert or want my children raised in a serious religious context.
>>
>>1110101
It ended because I was very weasily about making long-term commitments, and she wanted me to convert to Islam so I could be shown to her family. My own family would have a heart-attack at that! There was just no way. Things soured quickly, but we tried to remain at least civil to each other.

The kicker is that about a year later, she got married to an Afghan guy. Deleted every male off her facebook (including me), and started wearing a hijab and posting inspirational Koran quotes every week (by some favourite social media imam of hers, who is apparently considered a radical and barred from entering Canada). She waited some years to have kids, but she's got two now.

I'm engaged myself and live in a different country. It's all so long ago and I'm well and totally moved on -- but of course I sometimes wonder what would happen if we bumped into each other
>>
>>1109979
>Not unless to you get some research job attached to the army or something.
>Afghanistan has pretty much no economy to speak of, so you can't just rock up and work for fucking McDonald's there
No economy is pretty much true. The country is massively dependent on international aid. But thanks to all that international money, there are a lot of international NGOs there, including at least three bigger ones (budgets over $100M, Kabul offices with 100+ employees) that specifically have policy programs--I've been a consultant to two of them. Economic development programs are even more numerous.

It's changing fast--most donor countries are reducing their Afghanistan budgets, and worsening security has a lot of outfits reducing expat staff--but there are definitely jobs for policy wonks and economists in Afghanistan.

All that said, the poster with the poli sci and econ background would need at least a Master's degree to get an NGO job, probably along with some fairly specific, fairly technical experience (navigating donor government bureaucracy is a specific skill set). Not a lot of entry level jobs in war zones.
>>
>>1107498
In America... We never pull out.
>>
>>1107992
>She will love the forbidden aspect, being in a relationship with a non-Pashtun and non-Muslim,
Having read your story (and that of the other anon with an Afghan ex), it makes a lot of sense that it took place in Canada.

In Afghanistan I think your chances of interacting with single Pashtun girls are nearly nil. You may not even see them. They don't get out much (many are literally confined to their homes if not in school, and those schools are not coeducational), and if they do get out, they don't get out alone, and certainly not to socialize with foreign men.

There are some cosmopolitan young women in Kabul, but they're not Pashtun, and even they are probably not allowed to be alone with men. I went to an Afghan wedding, and the only woman I saw was the bride, who made a brief, veiled visit to the men's side of the hall--the women had their own party in another room.
>>
>>1110101
>>1110102
>I'm engaged myself and live in a different country. It's all so long ago and I'm well and totally moved on -- but of course I sometimes wonder what would happen if we bumped into each other

Interdasting story bro, where do you live now bro, and why did you decide to leave Canada?

Incidentally I am actually plan on moving back to Canada fairly soon, to the same city where my ex lives so chances are highly likely that I will bump into her haha. I'm moving back for unrelated reasons, not with the hope of seeing her again. When I will inevitably meet her again though it will be interesting, I'll probably make small talk and leave it at that.
>>
>>1110153
I'm in Germany for now. Came here to study and ended up working, attaching myself to a woman, the usual. Won't stay here forever... I'll be married within a year and my gf/soon-wife is doing a PhD, so I guess we're here till she finishes and she probably wants a baby soon after. I don't want any kids of mine growing up in Germany though.
>>
>>1110101
Why do kufr men try to date religious girls? Most importantly, why do these religious girls entertain them? I'd rather date a Muslim man over an Atheist that's how much Atheist annoy me.
And besides, atheist men in europe are getting cucked by muslim men.
>>
>>1110138
Can i ask if you think there's a place for anyone with a marketing background? I don't have anything to really live for (no significant other, not many commitments, etc) so the danger pay appeals to me. I'm also extremely curious about Afghanistan so it's be like a 2 birds 1 stone sort of deal.

If not marketing, then how about unskilled support work or something like that for NGOs?

Thanks for sharing btw. I was always under the impression that the average ngo worker wasn't living very well
>>
>>1110145
Are the Tajiks much different?
>>
>>1110202
Pussy is pussy, m8. Clearly these religious girls can and are possible to bed. The religiousness is just another hurdle.

>that's how much Atheist annoy me.
If you live in a Western country (English clearly isn't your first language), you are surrounded by atheists all the time, every day. You just never know it, because they don't say much about it.

It's a little late past your bedtime to be venturing around 4chan, /pol/friend.
>>
>>1109079
That won't work at all, you'll just make them angry. Also while pederasty can be seen everywhere in Afghanistan, dressing boys up as girls is more in the north of the country.

I doubt they'd trust you enough to invite you to those events anyway.
>>
>>1110223
>Thanks for sharing btw. I was always under the impression that the average ngo worker wasn't living very well
They're mostly not, frankly. Government-funded contracts in Afghanistan, Iraq, and other dangerous places include danger pay because they're dangerous, yeah, but the lifestyle is not a lot of fun--shuttling between conference rooms and meetings, working very long days, doing next to nothing at night (in Kabul I had a curfew and was not allowed to walk on the streets). I saw the insides of about five buildings in six weeks, and very little of local life. Only funnish thing I did was a visit to the national museum).

I only made as much as I did because I am fairly senior--I'm in my 40s with about fifteen years of relevant experience. Younger people don't get paid as well, and jobs outside of war zones are definitely not for people who aren't in it for the money--many full-time jobs only in the $30-$60K range.

As for Marketing, beats me. I did a quick search on Devex and didn't see any listings for Marketing in Afghanistan, although the word did pop up in other jobs--a lot of economic development programs involve things like helping farmers improve their incomes, etc., so there are certainly business-oriented projects. Assuming you have an MBA there's probably at least some stuff you'd be qualified for in the development sector.
>>
>>1110454
Definitely *for people who aren't in it for the money
>>
>>1110223
>how about unskilled support work or something like that for NGOs?
Forgot to address this. Nope. I've never met an expat support staffer; they're all locals.
>>
>>1109332
So were you fucking her at the same time you were cheating on her or did you cheat on her because she was keeping her virginity until marriage?

>>1110145
I spoke to an afghan jew over omegle who was working in kabul for an NGO and he said that he had had girlfriends.
So yeah I'm pretty sure you'r right. You're only ever going to meet single girls in afghanistan if you're in kabul and have an established social life there either through your job or very close friends who can introduce you to their friends.
>>
>>1110232
tajikistan is much more russian influenced than afghanistan and Islam is viewed with a lot of suspicion by the government and is repressed to some degree despite it being the majority religion, so that the country doesn't ever become like afhganistan. for example arab-islamic religious dress is strongly discouraged by government and police and they try to encourage traditional tajiki dress.

Also as a result of being much more russianised, prostitution is legal in tajikistan.

based on these proxy indicators , there probably is much more dating in metropolitan areas. The rich of urban centres probably educate their kids with russian children and the socialite scene probably overlaps with russia to some degree, like in kazakhstan.
>>
>>1110202
I tend to date religious Muslim girls because we often tend to get on and have a lot of similiar ideas on social issues etc. Furthermore we tend to complement each other well as I'd say I'm quite masculine and like to take the lead in relationships, Muslim girls like to be led.

>Most importantly, why do these religious girls entertain them?

Cause if a girl finds you attractive, its easy to establish a relationship with her regardless of what her religion is. Its not a tap that she can just turn off if she is into you. And btw I'm not an athiest

>>1110536
She was keeping and did keep her virginity until marriage. If I had really tried to turn up the heat though I could definetly have popped her cherry before marriage, but I decided not to as a couple of months earlier I took the virginity of a religous Christian girl, and felt bad afterwards as I had no long-term plans with her. I didn't want to do the same thing with this girl.
>>
>>1110543
what were the"uglier incidents" that happened from you getting involved with muslim girls before?
>>
>>1110550
Uh, related to a series of photos I took in Morocco... If you're Belgian, you may know of me.
>>
>>1110560
I was asking the person who wrote >>1109332
>>1109318
not some randomer pretending to be phillippe servaty when it contradicts teh rest of what was written entirely.
>>
>>1110453

Why would they be angry? It's more natural for a teen girl to fuck boys dressed as women than an adult male to dress someone young enough to be his son as his wife

Theyd probably invite me if I won
At least on the good side they won't try to rape me, since they're gay

win-win
>>
>>1110232
>Are the Tajiks much different?
I'm not an expert, but the most Westernized/cosmopolitan women I met in Kabul were all Tajik or Hazara, from comparatively elite families whose parents had either been educated under the very secular Soviet influence or outside the country--there were quite a few recent returnees from diaspora families, whose parents still lived in London or California. All spoke Dari rather than Pashto, and many had studied or lived abroad.

They were all Muslim, of course, but nobody seemed all that devout--some didn't even cover their hair indoors. But I was literally never alone with a woman, whether at work or outside, and I'm not sure any of the women I met were single. But I was hanging out with an NGO crowd, whose members were all very highly educated by local standards--that takes at least a few years, so most were not all that young (30s-40s more often than 20s; a lot of service and support jobs a Westerner might expect a young woman to do were occupied by young men instead).
>>
>>1110562
>being this autistic

>>1110633
you still have a bum hole.
>>
>>1110633
Are you really convinced that you as a foreigner can change an ancient tradition by talking to these people? You're a woman, they won't even want to listen to you.

Please never go to Afghanistan, you sound really stupid and naive.
>>
>>1110730
>Are you really convinced that you as a foreigner can change an ancient tradition
Yes

>>1110674
People who like boys don't rape girls. It's a non factor 2bh
>>
>>1107485

>Trophy wife
>Afghanistan

Have you see Afghan women?... wtf is wrong with you?
>>
>>1111091
You are utterly stupid and naive. That is all.
>>
>>1111091
I hope you're baiting, because if you're not I feel sorry for everyone around you
>>
>>1111166

And you're hideous

>>1111196
Stupid doesn't hurt anybody but himself, idiot
>>
>>1110454
>>1110468
Thanks for taking the time to reply - I appreciate it. Looks like that idea's a no-go. The type of marketing that I specialize in (experiential) is almost always only found in the most developed countries, unfortunately.

But the idea of working for an NGO really appeals to me, even though I expected there to be a lot of downtime.

If you don't mind me asking: what do you do, exactly? I'm just as curious every time I meet an NGO or conservation worker. Because I could see myself doing both, but the low pay is a deterrent for me (I live very simply, but don't like to worry about money; especially when I'm traveling).
>>
>>1111339
>If you don't mind me asking: what do you do, exactly?
I do several different things. Officially, I design, monitor, and evaluate projects, with a focus on economic development and local governance projects and public-private partnerships. So the most fun parts of my job involve either bringing groups of people together to collaborate on something (project design), or managing teams of people who go out and collect data to see what projects have achieved, then analyzing that data (M&E).

But on a day-to-day level, most of what I do is complicated writing to government agencies, either asking for money and telling them what we will do with it, or telling them what we did with it and what it accomplished.
>>
>>1111277
Please do me a favour and stop posting.
>>
>>1111277
Is your mom as dumb a cunt as you? Wondering if it's biological or environmental.
>>
>>1111394

What's in it for me? Nothing.

>>1111414
You taking a survey or something?
>>
>>1107992
Read your story anon. Great story anon. Care to say which province or city this happened in? If it's to personal forget about it.
>>
>>1107522
You work as an English teacher in Afghanistan?
>>
I'm an Afghan. And I do go sometimes but stopped going. Kind of tired of the poverty and just general shittyness of it. The danger and a whole lot of other things. But it is a beautiful country with beautiful people and with a rich ass history. I'd say the best way is if you have any afghan friends and they have family there. That is the best and safest way to go about it. Even with that the danger is still there.

Good luck!
>>
>>1107992
Completely agree!
I was sleeping with a girl from Afghanistan and she was pretty much just rebelling.... Hot though! Amazing body. Now she's got too many tattoos.
>>
>>1111455
I'm not going to share as there are only so many Pashtuns in Canada, and only so many in each city. I don't want her to be able to be tracked down
>>
>>1112061
MashaAllah
>>
>>1108722
they'll just rape you
>>
>>1112113

Are Afghani men really rapists as they say they are?
>>
>>1112061
Got it!
>>
>>1112061
So, Toronto or the GTA. That's the only place they've really settled in large-ish numbers. Mississauga, Brampton, etc.

I'm sure there are some in Vancouver, Edmonton, Winnipeg, Montreal, Ottawa, or wherever, but it's Toronto if you want to score some o dat Pashtun pootytang.
>>
File: Kayla Mueller0.jpg (663 KB, 2400x2183) Image search: [Google]
Kayla Mueller0.jpg
663 KB, 2400x2183
>>1108722
>>1112113
>TFW you are taken as a war wife and anal raped daily by a man 20 years your senior
>>
>>1112300
As tragic as her story is, I can't help but feel she resisted what was surely her better judgment in deciding to stay and not leave when shit was clearly hitting the fan.
>>
>>1112129
Rape is pretty much legal there. It's possible for a man to avoid any consequences if he marries his rape victim.
>>
>>1107992

Happened the same but with a Turkish girl.

Got burned pretty badly. I was ready to do anything for us to be together while she'd just submit to the circumstances, cry but not do anything.

Maybe it doesn't help that I still talk with her once a year, always hoping she'll gather the courage to act, but she never does, she's satisfied that she manages to keep in touch with me while to me it drives me mad with impotence of it all. Other girls I've been since with don't seem to fill the void she left.

I think it's the mix of forbidden, with the fact that these girls are higly repressed and they are so used to be treated like shit that they treat western men (that are warmer and caring) like their saviours, and we western men are not used to that and we love to feel needed. I honestly think most of these girls must suffer from some emotional disorder like BPD because of the emotional abuse they have been subjected since they are young.
>>
>>1112430
Arent Eastern men warmer? I mean, they have clearly more passionate temperaments and higher sex drives...
>>
>>1113463
> I mean, they have clearly more passionate temperaments and higher sex drives...
Wow, the 1950s called, wondered where you are. Try getting out in the world and not forming your opinions on other cultures from Family Guy.
>>
File: niqab.jpg (32 KB, 1000x691) Image search: [Google]
niqab.jpg
32 KB, 1000x691
>>1109332
shit man, similar to mine, but I stayed with the girl for 4 years, from 18 to 21. She was beautiful, sex was amazing and loved her with all my heart. The last year we were together we were planing on a wedding so she could make our relationship legit in the eyes of her family. Needless to say, her family hated my guts and her brother always wanted to fight me kek. 2 Months after we got engaged her father took her back to Iran, and i didn't see her for 3 months. When she came back she was married. She told me something similar to what you said, I felt crushed and betrayed. 6 months later she was expecting a child. Didn't finish her studies (she was the smartest woman I've ever met, she wanted to be a Doctor), she became a baby making machine and the daddy runs a taxi. 8 years later and I still think about her sometimes.

It's all now a bittersweet memory and I will never date a Muslim woman again. Islam is a fucked up religion.
>>
>>1113948
>Iran
That sucks. Iranians are often pretty secular. Sounds like you got unlucky with her having an asshole father.
>>
>>1114044
A lot of Iranians are secular, true. But IME, a lot are also still pretty ethnocentric. I guess most cultures are, really.

Still, for boning 'Muslim women', Iranians are easy mode. Only Turks are probably easier.
>>
>>1114077
Other easy "Muslim women": Indonesians. And probably any of the mostly Muslim ex-Soviet countries.
>>
>>1113948
Damm unlucky bro, most Iranians in the West tend to be pretty secular. Similiar to the Pashtun girl I was with, she was so smart. She wanted to be a doctor as well, she was doing her pre-med degree when I met her. She had perfect grades in all her subjects, and she knew so much about everything. I hope I am no longer thinking about her in 8 years time but I most likely will be as she was one of a kind

>>1112430
> I think it's the mix of forbidden, with the fact that these girls are higly repressed and they are so used to be treated like shit that they treat western men (that are warmer and caring) like their saviours, and we western men are not used to that and we love to feel needed.

This pretty much. Also most Western guys don't try to get with conservative Muslim girls. And Muslim guys won't try and date with conservative Muslim girls as they know they won't do anything before marriage, and they also know that they will be able to marry one easily through family connections anyway. I think thats why conservative Muslim girls fall in love whenever someone does try and court them, cause no one has even tried before.
Thread replies: 97
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.