[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ask a guy living in the Cayman Islands anything.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: IMG_20160401_183123.jpg (569 KB, 1520x1520) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160401_183123.jpg
569 KB, 1520x1520
Ask a guy living in the Cayman Islands anything.
>>
I'll be passing through there for a day on a cruise next month. What do?
>>
>>1106954
Seven Mile Beach is the best bet if you're only going to be in for a day. There is also a really cool turtle farm up north in West Bay where I live. Depends on your interests really!
>>
>>1106952
what line of work are you in that allows you to live there?
>>
>>1106952
Were you born there?
>>
>>1106952
How frequent are the shark attacks?
>>
How's the weather there
>>
What are the attractions
>>
Do your parents know you're gay
>>
>>1106952
Whose money do you hide?
>>
Is it true that it's depressingly boring?
>>
where's that pic taken from, cobalt?
>>
>>1106952
which island? i'm guessing grand cayman.
>>
>>1106952
where's the snow
>>
OP Here. Sorry, I've been busy.

>>1106996
I work for an electrical contracting company. They send us around the U.S and Caribbean for projects. This is my first Caribbean project, but my co-workers have worked in the U.S Virgin islands and there's a Bermuda project coming up.

>>1107001
Was not, I was born in Jacksonville, FL but I've lived all over the state's.

>>1107597
Warm and humid. Perfect beach weather.

>>1107644
No, I was waiting for you to tell them babe.

>>1107696
Absolutely. All of the scuba diving and snorkeling is a drag. Not to mention the lame beach parties.

>>1107710
Grand Cayman indeed.
>>
File: IMG_20160403_190253.jpg (531 KB, 1520x1520) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160403_190253.jpg
531 KB, 1520x1520
>>1107018
Super rare. Since I've been here I haven't heard anyone say anything about one. Plus the water is extremely calm and clear.

>>1107640
Seven Mile Beach, Rum Point, Mastic Trail, Hell in West Bay, the turtle farm, & dolphin cove to name a few. Plus there is world class dining all down Seven Mile Beach.

>>1107646
Yours. Send it to me.

>>1107700
That picture was taken in West Bay. This picture is from Seven Mile Beach.

>>1107714
Far, far away.
>>
Any history stuff there? Any old colonial stuff?
>>
>>1107743
I'm pretty sure. I know there are a lot of old shipwrecks to check out via scuba/snorkeling. All of the colonial stuff would likely be in downtown George town; the hub of the island.
>>
Lived there in 2003, the snorkeling and diving off seven mile were excellent. (Prolly dove off seven mile 18-20 times.) Then Ivan hit in '04 and completely covered all the reefs on the west side (which normally is leeward) and killed all the coral. Was back there in '06 and the seven mile reefs looked nothing at all like they did. Kinda sad but that's nature. Would be nice to hear it's doing better on that side of the island. Bout time I got back there.
>>
>>1106952
Hey OP, currently in Peru and wanting to get to the Caribbean (Martinique, St Maarten, and Haiti are all options). My problem isn't getting there it's getting around. Flights to Guadeloupe are about half the price than those to Martinique so my question is how is the travel between islands?

Are there daily ferries? Can I ask a local who's heading that way for a cheap ride? I have passable Spanish and French.
>>
>>1106952
can you post on /int/ so I can get your flag?
>>
>>1107925
Haiti was a joke right? I know some anons love their wacky places but...Haiti?

I mean especially when you put it alongside St Maarten and Martinique.
>>
Pretty jealous of you m8. I would love to be relaxing on the beach there without many worried. Picking up a good book, Hemingway, and having some good seafood. Have fun out there man.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.