[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Latin America
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 7
File: latam.png (118 KB, 400x282) Image search: [Google]
latam.png
118 KB, 400x282
Is it dangerous for a girl to travel to Latin America alone via student-run programs such as Aiesec?
>>
File: Typical Brazilian.jpg (37 KB, 620x400) Image search: [Google]
Typical Brazilian.jpg
37 KB, 620x400
Not at all. Chile,Argentina & Uruguay are perfectly safe beautiful countries in particular.

Just stay away from Central America and Hueland and you'll be fine.
>>
>>1106226
>Hueland
What is that
>>
>>1106226
Is it because Argentina is full of white people?
>>
>>1106247
It's because they're developed and civilized.

All that is because they're white tho.
>>
>>1106234
Brazil
>>
>>1106247
Argentina as in Buenos Aires and surrounding cities

The north is pretty much Africa. A wasteland. Tucuman, Formosa, nothing to do there at all

Chile is good because they will kiss the floor you walk in because they admire yuros and americans

Uruguay is just chill af
>>
File: 1461347946001.jpg (1 MB, 3100x2065) Image search: [Google]
1461347946001.jpg
1 MB, 3100x2065
>>1106276
>Argentina
>white

Well, Argentina has a low crime rate than Brazil, but they are rude and impolite.
Just ask for any South American which is the coutry they hate more, the answer is always Argentina.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1461037471587.jpg (25 KB, 524x516) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1461037471587.jpg
25 KB, 524x516
Brazilian reporting In

OP, most of this comments are from people who never been to Brazil. The country is not safe as Iceland, of course, but as long as you don't join a gang and start dealing drugs, you're OK. Just hang with the natives. I'd choose Brazil or Colombia or Peru. You gonna love it, I'm sure.
>>
>>1106439
Adding this info : just don't go to Rio. It's horrible there. RIO is a hoax.
>>
File: 1451469604228.jpg (45 KB, 540x429) Image search: [Google]
1451469604228.jpg
45 KB, 540x429
Don't tell me this is another thread by that autistic Hong Kong cumdumpster.
>>
>>1106226
This. But they will still pickpocket you.
Avoid placed like Ecuador, some sectors of Brazil, Honduras, Venezuela and Colombia.
>>
>>1106441
Why do you all say that Rio is horrible?

I'm uruguayan btw. I've seen that it's vastly overrated, expensive for SA, always cloudy/rainy, traffic is awful, everything closes on weekends, full of niggers past Lapa, but it has some nice places I think. And I've never seen such amount and diversity of good looking people in any other place.

I'm terrified of nightclubs too so dunno about the nightlife. Only thing I can say is that most yuros I've met in hostels are trashy as shit.
>>
>>1106432

Dont mix things, in general they are polite and helpful with tourist.

You can go to Salta, Iguazu, Mendoza, Bariloche, El Chalten, etc.

In Buenos Aires you just need to avoid conurbano and villa miseria and you will be fine, as a large city there is crime and you should keep a close eye on your personal possessions.
>>
>>1106174
yup, as a mexican i would rape first introduce myself later
>>
>>1108204
It's true, he would. I've seen it.
>>
>>1106174
My best friend is in Brasilia for the semester and she didn't have any problem
>>
>>1108279
in fact if i could rape you through the internet i would
>>
>>1107804
What sectors of brazil should i not go to?
>>
File: FB_IMG_1461419004013.jpg (21 KB, 480x298) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1461419004013.jpg
21 KB, 480x298
>>1108410

Rio as a whole, and spooky areas of cities in northeast. Brazil is pretty safe if you're not a drug dealer nor a lone gringo wandering by yourself. Just make some local friends - which is very easy- and you'll be more than fine.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-04-22-22-42-50.png (830 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-04-22-22-42-50.png
830 KB, 720x1280
>>1107871
It's vastly overrated no doubt. Vendors thrive on scamming tourists, killing of gringos is quite normal, beaches are cold water ones, the streets reek of piss. RIO is very beautiful if you're a bird and can watch only from above, but down there, is pretty shit. Also, the people there is the scum of the earth. If you're looking for good beaches, head to Brazilian north east (check: praias Paraíba, praias Pernambuco, Fernando de Noronha, maragogi, coqueirinho beach etc etc)
If you're looking for beautiful woman, then the place is the south - Italian and German genes combined with Brazilian warm heart and hot bodies. It's a well established fact in Brazil that the pretty women come from South.
>>
i didnt wanted to create another thread so ill ask here. Which central american country is the best one to visit (beaches, food, people,etc) ?

>>1106174
to OP. I have traveled via Aiesec outside of the country, im from Colombia and its pretty safe here for inmigrants, specially Medellín.
>>
>>1108486
and don't say panama, already went. pretty chill, i recommend it for short vacations.
>>
>>1106174
Are you a yuropoor or an americlap?
If the first one avoid Argentina, its not gonna feel interesting. If youre an americlap then it would be more interesting. Forget about predujices, most latin countries are safe if you just avoid being stupid and getting in margined neighborhoods, just common sense. Brazil is an awesome country, awesome food, awesome culture and people is really nice. Good parties too. I would tell you to avoid Ecuador and Venezeual due to their recent situations (Ecuador had an earthquake and are midly fucked. Venezuela is JUST due to their meme president)
>>
>>1108428
When people say Rio is a shithole they're talking about the metropolitan area aka Rio the city, not Rio the state. There are lots of very comfy towns in rio which are definitely worth visiting, like Petrópolis, for example.
>>
>>1108486
Ah lucky me, I got a job confirmed at Medellin during september. Was just going to ask if it was anywhere near as complicated as other cities
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.