[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are the best cities in the USA for college-educated, young
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4
File: United_States_of_America.png (3 MB, 1600x1080) Image search: [Google]
United_States_of_America.png
3 MB, 1600x1080
What are the best cities in the USA for college-educated, young professionals?

I'm specifically wondering about the job prospects and dating market.
>>
Austin, Denver, Boston
>>
>>1105340
anycity, usa
>>
NYC
LA
Chicago
Philly
Phoenix
Houston
Orlando
Austin
Dallas
Boston
DC
Memphis
Seattle
Denver
Honolulu
Anchorage
San Francisco
San Jose
Las Vegas
Portland
>>
>>1105340
Colorado, Arizona, New Mexico, Pennsylvania and Maryland have the best state flags.

The rest are pure shit.
>>
>>1105385
I'm not extremely concerned about the state flag's of the cities I am considering relocating to for work. But thank you for you insight anyway.
>>
>>1105385
Colorado? it's one of the worst ones. it looks like a canned food company logo.
>>
>>1105385
Colorados flag is the ugliest ive seen anywhere. I hate california but they do have a nice flag
>>
>>1105340
>"young professionals"

*puke*
>>
>>1105380
>NYC
New York is not good for someone young, at least in terms of things like rent and prices. Rent in Manhattan is retarded, with rent even in poor locations like Greenpoint still very high. However, if you can afford the rent, New York is solid choice. White Collar jobs are pretty easy to get (it obviously depends on which type), and there are some pretty hot women here, but there are also plenty of uglies too.
>>
>>1105340
If you are a man, DC, "Triangle" area of NC, Hampton Roads area of Virginia, and Atlanta, as far as the South East. Good job market, lots of young people, and women outnumber men. Charlotte may qualify as well.
>>
>>1105385
I love weed but i have to admit Colorados is fucking shit tier
>>
I think up and coming (read: gentrifying) cities are the best for younger professionals because you can actually afford real estate near the city center and probably make some money on your investment. Plus they have a low-cost of living (good for nights out and groceries) and a smaller community actually makes it easier to meet people (in my experience) through networking.

Good weather:
>charlotte
>nashville
>birmingham
>jackson

Decent weather:
>spokane
>boise
>OKC

Bad weather:
>pittsburgh
>rochester
>>
>>1105340

Minneapolis is always underrated.
>>
>>1105455
half the people that work in NYC commute in from NJ, PA, CT or LI
>>
>>1105454
You STILL bitter that you didn't get into college and have to clean toilets for a living?
>>
>>1105457
Why only if you're a man?
>>
File: 3698638807_7b0d79f794_o.jpg (121 KB, 800x595) Image search: [Google]
3698638807_7b0d79f794_o.jpg
121 KB, 800x595
>>1105340
The best jobs and hottest girls are anywhere in the Northeast Megalopolis.

So anywhere from Boston to DC is good.
>>
DC see>>1106033
>>
>>1105784
because women outnumber men there
>>
All this talk about dating market and where to get girls in America is a bit disappointing because they're pretty shitty anyways
>>
>>1105784
The dating scene skews heavily in favor of men in these areas. Charlotte not so much, DC Metro and ATL, very much. Professional women outnumbering men and a large gay population further skewing numbers.
>>
File: AR-151209930.jpg (329 KB, 1800x1382) Image search: [Google]
AR-151209930.jpg
329 KB, 1800x1382
Try Tampa, Florida where I live. It's like Miami, but with White people.
>>
>>1104771
This desu
>>
>>1108158
>cold flyover state
>good for young people
>>
>>1105506
>jackson

This place is a shithole. Do not come here.
It's Detroit if Detroit never had anything to begin with.
And had way more intolerant pricks in its suburbs.
Avoid at all costs.
>>
>>1105340
What the fuck is a dating market

You make me want to puke.
>>
>>1105385
Maine has a tree. That's pretty sick
>>
>>1105506
Lmao is this list a joke? Most of these places are nigger infested hellholes, you'll get shot by Jamal as soon as you leave the gated community in Jackson or Nashville.
>>
LA is terrible for dating unless you're a super-alpha tryhard, and even then it's not much good. I've lived here most of my life and have no trouble dating when in other cities, but in LA I've had shit luck.

I'm clearly not the only one, just look at all of the "nobody gets laid in LA" videos and stuff.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.