[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Good/Bad Airlines
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 113
Thread images: 4
File: maxresdefault.jpg (96 KB, 1440x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
96 KB, 1440x1080
What are some of the best airlines you've been on and some of the worst?

Best:

- Cathay Pacific: Excellent service, decent-ish food (for a long haul flight) even in economy. Some of the best business class flatbeds. Great IFE. Virtually every single long haul is serviced by 777-300s (the newer variant).

Worst:

- British Airways: Most long hauls still serviced by older 777-200s, crappy IFE as a result. Poor quality Business Class. Service generally average.
>>
Best:
Emirates

Worst:
Delta
>>
For me the best is Singapore Airlines or Thai Airways, both of which are relatively comfy for a 6'5" person like me in an economy seat. SQ crew are all 9+/10s.

The worst would be Swiss. Shitty old 757s with ancient IFE, crap tier food & liquor, but the staff were nice (Germans mostly).
>>
Only ever used Air France, KLM and Fly Emirates

Fly Emirates the best
KLM is good
Air France always has shitty food
>>
>>1104515
>>1104517
I flew a 777-200 from NRT to LHR recently (BA).

I have never had worse aeroplane food in my life. I shit you not, I'm not someone who exaggerates about this stuff or expects HQ food from an airline. I'm happy to eat simple stodge. But this was something else, the mushrooms in the pasta were some of the most disgusting things I've ever eaten in my life.

I'd rather just have a cup noodle.
>>
>>1104511
I only comment on long haul and Business/First Class:

Good:
>my prefered airlines I would always use:
Emirates, Qatar, Turkish, Lufthansa, Swiss, Finnair, Air New Zealand, LAN

OK:
>it's not good but they offer daily flights to destinations that usually are only served by meme/charter flights
KLM, Air France, Iberia, Delta, AA, Austrian

Ugly:
>why did I book this?
Air Berlin, AeroMexico,

Bad:
>Even a slave ship from africa offered more comefort and service, kill me please.
Condor, Edelweiss, TAM, AlItalia, TAP
>>
>>1104513
If you think Delta is the worst you must have very limited experience. Granted, pretty much all USA airlines are shit, but Delta is probably the best of them.
>>
Singapore is my airline of choice. Their biz class is good shit and the lounges at LAX and Narita are great.

worst:
any regional carrier; looking at you, american eagle.
>>
Lufthansa, Air Korea, Asiana Air, Emirates are all good to me.

United and American airlines are both alright, do the job I guess. Delta was total shit.

Honestly thought Delta being awful was just a meme before I went to America, took one flight with them and never doing that again.
>>
>>1104558
Funny, all of my worst flying experiences that didn't involve Frankfurt were on American or US Airways. Delta was fine, nothing to right home about, but perfectly adequate, and has great partner airlines like KLM. Granted I have never flown Delta domestic, except pond hoppers from regional to hubs. But have you flown US or American Airways international? I don't recommend it.
>>
>>1104511
Thats probably just bad luck with BA i personally rate them slightly below Luft and slightly above every other EU carrier like italia/france/dutch etc...

ANA was one of the best flights I've ever taken. Lufthansa is consistent, Swiss is great and so was Singapore.
>>
I have been personally victimized by Delta Airlines more than once. It's not just incompetence, with them it feels mean spirited. Like they are all laughing at you while they fuck you over.

I'll take Amtrak before I'll take Delta again. A 2 day trip from Chicago to Seattle is preferable to just 30 minutes experiencing Delta Airline's particular brand of living hell.
>>
>>1104561
>Funny, all of my worst flying experiences that didn't involve Frankfurt...

This struck a chord with me -- Frankfurt sucks, at least to transit (never tried a flight originating or terminating there, maybe that's better) and has led me to reflect that maybe the airport you subject yourself to has more bearing on how good your experience is than which airline you use does.
>>
Best: Emirates

Worst: Delta/United or Aeroflot. Delta and Aeroflot treat you like they really hate you, but are being super passive aggressive about it. United makes you think they're trying, but they're massive fuck ups and cheapskates so nothing works.
>>
>>1104622
Lots of folks seem to dislike Unuited -- I never had much toruble with them, other than they tend to be the most expensive option from my local airport.

But then, after the merger, they gutted their loyalty program, so I don't use them at all any more.
>>
A majority of my flying experience has been on United.

My worst flying experience was with ANA. I heard allot of great things, by my experience was pretty lousy from NRT to BKK.

The absolute worst experience of all with any airline hands down is Kuwait Airways. I didn't even get to fly their peice of shit airline. I booked a trip from JFK to LHR months in advance in preparation for a global trip with many legs. Shortly after I booked my trip, the DOT told them that their business practices were discriminatory (they refused any one to board the airline with an Israeli passport). Anyway, KA's was to just shutdown the route. Meanwhile, they didn't inform me that they canceled my flight for almost two months. Once I did find out, they refused to refund. I had to go to my state's attorney general, and then to the US DOT just to get a response from this fucks. Anyway, after 4 months, I finally got my refund.
>>
>>1104612
I've never had trouble in Frankfurt. What problems have you had?
>>
>>1104612
I also echo the "frankfurt sucks" sentiment. It's too big, always spend most of my time on monorails or walking down incredibly long corridors, then up stairs , then down stairs.

And then looking for Mcdonalds or any kind of fast food because I have been awake for 11 hours and I just want to eat a fucking big Mac
>>
Best: Emirates, Qatar
Worst: Jet2, VietJet Air
>>
>>1104561
Funny enough the one time I flew US airways international was the one time in my life I got upgraded to first class, so I cant complain about them
>>
>>1104623
I remember flying to Japan from San Francisco on United and the fucking screen in the seat in front of my didn't work at all. It was 16 hours of looking at a black screen because United didn't give enough of a fuck to fix it.

Also, their food is shit.
>>
I've only flown US Air, Delta, and Alaska

Alaska was the best, US Air was the worst
>>
>>1104646
Literally every non-american airline is better for international flights into and out of the US
>>
Funny I'm getting off a 6 hour Delta flight in coach now and
>new clean plane
>nice staff that responded to my drink requests quickly
>offered free snacks which is something these days
>Fantastic movie and tv options
>got here ahead of time so I don't have to cancel plans

It was domestic so maybe that makes a difference?
>>
>>1104553
>pretty much all USA airlines are shit
there you go then
>>
Back in the day delta used to fly Berlin - New York where they were competing against Continental. The Continental service was my first long haul flight actually, and the competing delta flight followed shortly after. This was like 8 years ago, but after that I've never flown Delta again.

>Old 767 with oldest interior imaginable
>no IFE other than those overhead monitors that were stuck in a loop
>cabin lights wouldn't turn off on a night flight (the crew actually tried but the lights just wouldn't turn off)
>disgusting food

That's probably not accurate anymore and desu other than that I've never had any major complaints about other airlines, but those Delta flights were memorable...
>>
>>1104657
I flew Delta international. And it was fine. I've had these same complaints >>1104646 of old and faulty equipment in US Airways and American Airlines.
>>
Anyone know how good Hawaiian Airlines are? I have a flight with them but don't know what to expect.
>>
I only had flights with Royal air maroc, Aigle Azur , Iberia and Ryanair
Aigle Azur and Royal air Maroc is comfy but Ryanair is the worst. I took the plane this morning with Ryanair for the second time this year and I screamed when the plane was landing. Both times I was with Ryanair the plane conductor did shit. Also the service is awful here and you're confined in small seats. It's very cheap but I honestly prefer to pay a little more to help me not having a panic attack during my flight
>>
>>1104513
>Delta
>He's never flown United

I'm pretty jealous, desu.
>>
>>1104712
If it's long haul:
It's like Iberia. It's not great but they get you where you need to go. Food is ok, seas could be better but don't suck, I had free booze, service more or less friendly and IFE on the A330 is pretty good.
Short: Just your typical A320 commuter tier flight... cramped seats even if you fly business, a small snack, that's it but way above super budget airlines.
>>
I'll be flying with Etihad, Air Asia and China Airlines. Any thoughts on them?
>>
>>1104511
The worst domestic airline i have been on might be Spirit. There always seems to be gum on every seat cushion, and the service is rude. While it is cheap, i would rather spend the extra money on a slightly better airline
>>
>>1104531

The issue is not the airline's entirely, given they outsource the catering, but you would think there is some degree of oversight or QC involved, though that's probably wishful thinking, given the tight margins & deadlines involved with air travel operations. Don't be afraid to ask for an alternate or another meal. The crew DGAF.
>>
>>1104729
Etihad is good, can't speak for the rest
>>
>>1104724
Flying cross Pacific with them. As long as they're not completely shitty I'll be fine I guess. I'm not very picky when it comes to flights.
>>
>>1104734
Frontier is probably just as bad or worse
>>
>>1104630
Why did you dislike ANA? Flying regularly back and forth to the US from Japan was only bearable because of how awesome ANA is. United is shit in comparison
>>
>>1104729
Air Asia you get what you pay for depending on the plane it will a little cramped to very cramped but in my experience they run on time and the staff seem friendly
>>
>>1104720
All 4 experiences I've had with Ryanair, they fucked up when they landed and it's given me a minor fear of flying because of it so I get you there.

I've only ever flown with Delta, Ryanair, Easyjet, SAS and Norwegian cause I'm a poorfag, and out of all of those I'd say Norwegian is the only one that has left me satisfied every time.

Flying long-haul with Finnair this summer, pretty excited.
>>
You guys have experience with Canada air? Gonna use it to travel to Japan this summer from the US, with a layover in Vancouver.
>>
>>1104741
Do BA outsource? Cathay have a huge catering center on lantau in HK.
>>
File: 2random.jpg (12 KB, 250x177) Image search: [Google]
2random.jpg
12 KB, 250x177
>flight gets delayed so bad
> no chance of making connection
>only chance to fly home to Taiwan is via
>Vietnam Airlines
>ffuuuuuu I am going to die, right?
>Alright, sign me up Ill take it.
>they double my frequent flyer miles as a bonus.
>Get to the gate... holy shiiiii
>its actually EVA Airlines
>gorgeous air flight attendants
> great food for coach class
>ambient lights instead of a flash of bright as hell white light
>love it. Vietnamese Airlines is EVA Airlines and the flight was barely full.
>>
>>1104839

Don't get your hopes up, Finnair is shithouse for longhaul, but they are a cheap option to get to SE Asia from Scandinavia.
>>
>>1104842

Not sure about BA, but I imagine where there are hubs ie HK then the local flag carrier may have the monopoly on the catering (not the case here in Australia) but I believe it is for SQ (SATS Catering) and for both TG and subsidiary Bangkok Airways.
>>
>>1104866
The only complaints I've heard about Finnair has been from people who flew on the 340-300 airbus. (And I've googled like fucking mad to get reviews too.)
I'm flying economy comfort on a 330-300 which is supposedly pretty comfy, but I'd like to know what I'm in for so deets on Finnair being shit would be appreciated!
>>
>>1104744
>>1104836
Thank you guys! Any thoughts on China Airlines?
>>
>>1104511
BEST:
Singapur Airline, Emirates, Quatar Airlines
Turkey Airlines
Ok
Austrian Airlines, Lufthansa, KLM, Aegon Airlines, China Air

Worst
Rynair, Charter Flights all through the bank, Easy jet, local airlines in Africa, Asia and the middle east
>>
>>1104915
oh and i forgot greenland airlines, never fly with them
>>
File: IMAG2540.jpg (2 MB, 3808x2144) Image search: [Google]
IMAG2540.jpg
2 MB, 3808x2144
>>1104839
Where to? Is it the new A350? I flew the new Finnair A350 and it was sweet. 10/10 would fly again.

>>1104876
The complaints came from two old a340's rented from Air France. They had to use them because of delays in deliveries of a350. I flew on it once... yes, worth the complains, but unfortunately nothing Finnair could do about it.

Finnair is actually quite good in long-haul if you fly business class. And if you get the new A350, it's really awesome. I assume it's not bad in economy either.
>>
>>1104547
Hi there, bro. Where you at now? Left Cuba already, right?
>>
>>1104741
The departing airport definitely has a big effect on the quality of food. The worst airline food I've ever had in long-haul business class was when I departed from Delhi. The same flight to Delhi had great food. One of my friends was traveling economy on the same flight and she said the food was literally inedible.
>>
>>1105056
Hey bro, i hang around in LA, flying to Auckland tonight.
>>
>>1105079
Auckland. Do the "look and leap" thing at the tower. You'll walk 192m high and then do a Batman jump down.

Also you're probably going to see Hobbiton right?
>>
I'll include the destinations since I'm not sure of all airlines are the same on all trips

>Qatar airlines, Frankfurt - Doha- Sydney
Best so far
>Lufthansa, Luxemburg - Toronto
Very good, but expensive
>jetstar, sydney -ayers rock
Ok, cheap
>tigerair, adelaide -sydney
Not that great but for the price ok
>belavia, Frankfurt -tbilisi
Don't. Just don't.
>air north, Vancouver -Dawson - inuvik
Lel try getting there with any other airline. Still ok, not many people flying so pretty chill
>>
>>1104830
Just my experience. There was issues with ticketing. They wouldn't provide me a ticket to my next destination. Once at Narita, I had to go to the customer service desk for my boarding pass.... this happened both ways. The wait time for the boarding pass was approximately an hour. When you get off a 12 hour flight from the states, the last thing you want to do is stand in an hour long line.

The flight lacked air. It was extremely warm.

The seat was uncomfortable.

The staff was very courteous. That wasn't an issue.
>>
>tfw fly RyanAir to low-traffic places and thus get an entire row almost 9/10 times

I've only ever flown RyanAir and EasyJet because I haven't left Europe yet. For the prices I paid I'm not complaining, I just don't sleep the day before my flight and then make sure I have window seat so I can lean my head towards to window and fall asleep the moment the plane's in the air.
>>
>>1104904
It's cheap, it's fine. Nothing special, but not bad either.
>>
>>1105361
The worst thing about any Chinese airlines is that they are full of mainland Chinese.
>>
Best:
>ANA
Never had any problems. Friendly staff.
Good:
>United
I never understood why people shit on United. Never had a problem. Some of the staff seem miserable, but had really friendly staff too.
OK:
>Thai Airways, AirAsia
I have no complaint about the ride itself for Thai. Food was pretty bad, but whatever. They overbooked and tried to tell me it was my fault, trying to force me to buy an expensive return trip back or be stuck in Taiwan, but they backed down and got me on the flight I had a ticket for.
AirAsia is always late and their extras can add up, but they are cheap af, so w/e.

Sucks:
>American
Sat on the runway for two hours because, who knows, they never told us. Lost luggage.
>>
>>1104839
>landing in Standsted with Ryanair
>that fucker touches ground
>five sec later in the middle of the runway, still going like 80kph
>HE FUCKING TURNS to make a shortcut
>literally didn't want to wait and to a U turn like every sane pilot in order to save a gallon of fuel

also the whole flight they were basically trying to sell us stuff
>oh let's fly the cheapest airline in Europe
>sure, I want to buy this overpriced perfume
>>
I never had a horrible experience, and I've flown quite a lot. I always avoid dodgy airlines and avoidable budget airlines (RyanAir/EasyJet) so that's pretty much it.

I mean, I don't really care if I only get one can of coke instead of a small menu on a 2 hours flight.
>>
File: worst_holiday_ever.png (1 MB, 1314x720) Image search: [Google]
worst_holiday_ever.png
1 MB, 1314x720
China Southern Airlines.

Got picked up by the police because I share the same ethnicity as the people involved in a phone-scam.

Was found not guilty by the local legal system but held in jail anyway and one night we were literally forced on to a plane by a combination of clubs and tear gas as officials from the local PRC embassy watched then flown back to mainland China, despite being from Taiwan. Pic related.

I'll say it again: China Southern Airlines.
>>
>Delta Domestic
- SJC - ATL - old 737 - Crowded, basic affair, average
- SLC - SJC - Pretty nice, small but new plane, operated by a charter though
- ATL - BUF - EMB I think - crowded, mediocre
- PHL - SLC - 736/7 - Pretty Decent Service
- SFO - JFK - 757 - Shitty
- SFO - MSP - 738/7 - Decent as well
[ Newer the plane, better service I guess? It's usually pretty mediocre anyway ]

> United Domestic
- SFO - IAH - Bad, no snacks (though they brought it back)

> Delta International from US
- JFK - AMS - not bad, on a 763 as I remember

> Delta International via Codeshare to somewhere else
- AMS - BOM - shitty, horrid, no IFS on a 12 hour flight

> Air Canada (Operated by United)
- LAX - YYZ - Pretty decent

> Air Canada
- YYZ - LAX - Much better than United's operation - 7/10

> Korean Air
- SFO - ICN - Really fun, nice as an adult or a child, when I was a kid they gave me a toy plane

> Singapore Air (pre 2008 fix)
- ICN - SIN - Shitty as fuck, good thing they fixed it

> JAL
- SFO - NRT - really comfy
>>
You guys have seen nothing
>Turkmenistan Airlines
>>
>>1106254
Nigger I flew on a north korean airline that had ashtrays in the seats.
>>
>>1106268
As did everyone until quite recently
>>
I'm flying long-haul (read: three flights) with Singapore Airlines in June. My layovers are only 1 hour and two hours. Tell me, how likely is it I'll miss my connecting flight?
>>
>>1106268
Nigger I flew on a hapag lloyd flight that was a smoking flight
>>
>>1106488
What airports? you gotta clear customs at e9ther layover?
>>
>>1106488
If it's been sold on the same ticket you have nothing to worry about. If you are delayed and miss a flight, they will rebook you.
>>
>>1106661
Ah, thanks anon. That's great to hear.
>>
Best: JAL (LHR-HND). Singapore Airlines (ZRH-SIN)
Good: Lufthansa (HND-FRA) Cathay (HKG-KIX) Aeroflot (HKG-SVO)
Ok: Swiss on ZRH-SFO route, United (ZRH-EWR) KLM (KIX-AMS)
Bad: Swiss on ZRH-NRT route, Finnair (NRT-HEL) both have very old planes.
Shit: Air China (PEK-FRA)
>>
>>1104547
I'll be flying Condor for the first time this summer. What about it is bad?
>>
Lufthansa was pretty comfy, flying from New york to Frankfurt and back. Had the 747-8 and the first line of economy had endless leg space.

El Al is probably the shittiest, Had two business trips to Israel. They were both late and full of suited up kikes that have never heard of a shower.

Flew Virigin once to Los Angeles, was OK but the leg space on the first row was decent at best.
>>
>>1106193
This tbqh

Last time I flew China Southern:
>chinese kid pissed all over the floor in front of me (thought that was a meme you just saw on Chinasmack or something)
>as soon as I got off the plane, a woman told me my return flight had changed and told me to call some random number on a piece of paper to find out more. Spent a decent chunk of time on the trip trying to sort the fucking thing out

Chink airlines, never again
>>
I flew British Airways at the Beginning of this year from Heathrow to Shanghai, and found it reasonably enjoyable. Got a nice Bath Oliver biscuit which was excellent, and they accidentally gave me two packets of sour cream and onion pretzel snacks. Not sure what OPs problem is.
>>
>>1106855
It's a typical low cost/charter/100% tourist flight.
Economy is unbearable, inedible food, shit tier service, 3€ for a Glas of wine/beer and intercontinental flights in A320 city hopper seats.

Business class: you can actually enjoy the flight yet compared to any other business class complete shit.
>>
>>1106873
>Economy is unbearable, inedible food, shit tier service
>inedible food
Fuck. When it comes to airlines I usually really look forward to the food.
>>
>>1104531
>I flew a 777-200 from NRT to LHR recently (BA).
>I have never had worse aeroplane food in my life. I shit you not, I'm not someone who exaggerates about this stuff or expects HQ food from an airline. I'm happy to eat simple stodge. But this was something else, the mushrooms in the pasta were some of the most disgusting things I've ever eaten in my life.

I had a "stuffing" sandwich twice on BA recently. What the crap? Stove Top stuffing in a bread roll? Horrible.
>>
>>1104741
>The issue is not the airline's entirely, given they outsource the catering,
They're paying for exactly what they get.
>>
>>1106666
>Finnair (NRT-HEL) both have very old planes.
It should be fixed now as Finnair has retired most of its old A340 fleet. Now it operates with newer A330 and A350XWB. I've never flown long-haul on Finnair but European flights have been comfy as a shorter person (or as 4chan would call, a manlet).

I have flown Delta a couple of times, first was from AMS to DTW on an A330. I had a shitty seat in economy but the service was great and the IFE was good enough to keep me entertained during the 8 hr flight. I had to fly Delta from DTW to MCO on an old as fuck 757 with bunch of families and during the flight we had some massive turbulence and I swear I have no idea how that old 757 survived it. On return flight I flew to JFK on a Delta MD-88 and it was interesting. Can't complain!

From my personal experience
>Best:
Finnair, Delta (yes) and KLM.
>Good:
AirBerlin, Lufthansa, Norwegian
>Ok
AirBaltic, Air France, Malev (doesn't exist anymore)
>Only fly if have to
Ryanair
>Absolute total shit/would never fly again
OnurAir
>>
>>1104697
Well to be fair for flights just in NA southwest is cheap and definitely accommodating. Still I know we are talking about international airliners
>>
worst:
Air france

>sorry we are on strike, your flight is cancelled. Spend 2 hours with us on the phone to get a flight for the next day.
> next day: Sorry we are on strike, your flight is cancelled

The strike continues for two weeks.

and these are rather frequent.

Also, generally incompetent and arrogant staff who screw up making any change to a flight.
One can't fail to see a connection with the first issue...
>>
>Best
ANA

>Worst
WizzAir
>>
As a pilot myself

If you guys like food the best option is to use Turkish. Even economy has pretty decent food

WizzAir is pretty much the worst I flew with.
>>
Flew Air China last summer. I'm pretty sure that its by far not the best, but it was cheap so keep that in mind.

Good:
- alright food,
- decent/friendly cabin crew,
- had no trouble getting beers at my request. After a while one even asked me if I wanted another beer.

Neutral:
- In flight entertainment system. Alright amount of content but not everything had english subs (the chinese spoken content). Some originally English programmes were dubbed in Chinese but had no subs at all.

Bad:
- Generally the kind of people you fly with.
- Shit headphones, no option of using your own.
- Kinda cramped seat (i'm 1.86m)

Overal pretty decent experience.. Would use them again if the price was right, but for a bit more i'd fly non-Chinese.
>>
>>1107126
>>1107149
>A budget airline is the worst.

Well yeah obviously, its cheap for a reason.
>>
I've traveled with WizzAir a couple of times going from Stockholm to Budapest and I've always been satisfied. Of course it's a bit annoying that the price never comes out as advertised given that you have to pay for extra for just about everything, but it's still cheap. Also they usually hand out coffee/water and a snack which I think was great for a two hour flight. Maybe I've just been lucky?

The worst I've traveled with was definitely Ryan Air going to London.
>>
>>1107271
>Ryan Air going to London.

Doing that in 2 days. RIP.
What was wrong with your flight, friendo?

My flight will be 3 hours or less. Can it really be that bad? Are they going to probe me?
>>
>>1107364
Not him but flying Ryanair semi-frequently. It's not as bad as people make it out to be. Just make sure your luggage isn't too large or heavy and don't expect much legspace or a free drink.

You're almost literally buying a fare on a bus in the sky, expect the same amenities as inside such a bus. Just plug in some earphones, play some music and doze off or read a book and you'll be fine.
>>
>>1104511
Best: Aeroflot, very comfortable planes, also very good flight attendants and food. My first choice when flying to Asia from Europe.

Worst: Lufthansa, Frankfurt to Vancouver flight, horrible small chairs, flight attendants nowhere to be found, bathroom smell a lot, I thought a german airline would be more reliable.

You get what you paid: RyanAir, treated like cattle, the entire flight was a commercial for overpriced items, but its cheap if you know when to buy, also it offers one of the biggest network in all europe which is nice.

In a few months I will travel to Vietnam via China Eastern, should I worry about something?
>>
>>1107376
>China Eastern

Literally meme tier for a horrible airline. If you are flying long haul, expect to get a preview of the dimension of Hell you are going to in afterlife.
>>
>>1107384
shieeeet
>>
>>1104513
you have clearly never flown united
>>
>>1104515
swiss doesnt have 757s mate
>>
>>1105600
>Good:
>United

united fucking blows, everytime i fly with them theres always a delay for some odd reason (worst was when we pushed back 30mins late because the captain had to have his coffee before his first flight)

almost always delay my luggage

and they are removing channel 9, the only thing good about them is disappearing
>>
United are absolute shit. Flight to San Fran was delayed 5 hours so missed my connection to Toronto. Confirmed I had been rebooked on a later flight, but surprise, they hadn't actually registers me for the flight. Had to flirt with the overtly gay booking staff member to kick a member of a bridal party of the flight to get home. Horrendous.
>>
Just want to reiterate, and seems to be backed up by the majority of the United, Delta, and US, and American Airways comments, if you think Delta is the worst, you ahve not flown another American airline extensively, especially internationally.
>>
>>1107415
Shit, channel 9 was great
>>
>>1104865
>EVA Airlines
I've been curious about them. I take it they're good?
>>
personal experiences, I will not include low budget airlines such as germanwings, air berlin, easy jet, air asia, etc
>not ever again
Ukraine Airlines
Egyptair
Air India
>will definitely do it again
Lufthansa, Air France, Swiss Air, Austrian Airlines, Etihad, Emirates, JAL, ANA, Singapore Airlines
>>
>>1107232
I'm a frequent Air China flyer.
I guess that you didn't take the new 777s, because these are full of Western movies in original dub.

If your Air China flight is a 777, you should go ahead. It's really decent. Obviously not the best, but really decent if you can get a good price.
>>
Fellow tall man here, I regularly get an 'extra leg room' seat but the last time I flew I forgot to select it, it's like another $10 aud when buying a ticket, but when you check in you can just ask the person at the desk if there's any leg room spots left and if you could take that. Worked for me.
>>
Best : Air France (2 times on PTP-ORY and ORY-TLS )
-Good staff
-Good food (to the Carribea)
-Good plane (773er and a321)
-Nice landing
-No deleyed
-Landing and take off at time .
-Nice programms on the individual screen
-Nice view on the GE-90

Worst :
Corsair International (2 times on PTP-ORY)
-Delay
-No smile from the crew
>>
>>1107517
>I guess that you didn't take the new 777s, because these are full of Western movies in original dub.
Oh no, i mean most films were pretty recent and English dub with Chinese hardsub. There were just a few documentaries etc that were dubbed in Chinese and had no subtitles.

I believe I flew Airbus A330-300.

In the end the neutral opinion about the entertainment system came more from the few minutes of commercials before anything you start and how the system wasn't as responsive.

I'm pretty ok with Air China.
>>
>Best
Virgin, by far. Had a LHR-JFK and a connect flight to Dubai. Food was okay, spacious, nothing to complain about whatsoever.
Norwegian as well, was impressed with. Only flight I've been on that had wifi.

>Worst
EasyJet and RyanAir. I suppose I can't complain, considering the price, but it was truly the bare minimum service.

BA, Alitallia, Tarom, Turkish, all extremely average. Not worth the price I believe.
>>
>>1104511
Best:
Delta Airlines/KLM
Worst:
American airlines
>>
>best
KLM cityhopper
Flying with a KLM cityhopper is pretty nice. Very helpful people instant service and very nice seats, also capable pilots
>OK
KLM
Flying KLM on economy you get decent service and a slightly tight seats, not too bad overall though
>Shit
Delta
Delta was pretty underwhelming but not entirely awful, a but cramped and shitty food
>fucking awful
Ryanair, easyjet
Both the same shit. Dirt cheap but you are treated like literal kettle
>>
Anyone got any info on Norwegian Air Shuttle? Booked a flight with them next month, literally never heard of them before but google tells me they are one of the biggest budget airlines and also they are Irish?
>>
I think for me Flybe was one of the worst, its exactly like a budget airline except that I wouldn't say its prices are that cheap.

Costs me around £100 to fly from UK to Paris.
>>
>>1104841
Wanted to ask the same question, but for an SFO -> Toronto -> Tel Aviv flight
>>
>>1104915
I've personally had good experience with Royal Jordanian. Really good service
Thread replies: 113
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.