[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Chernobyl Trip
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: PukingKid.jpg (527 KB, 990x657) Image search: [Google]
PukingKid.jpg
527 KB, 990x657
Hey /trv/, I am a migrant from /k/ and I am looking for some people to go on a trip with. I posted a thread on /out/ which explains some details, but they suggested to look here, as well.

Here is the scoop- I am looking to tour Chernobyl/Pripyat either in early July or mid September. I will go alone, but would rather have some company and maybe make a new friend. I don't have any friends left in real life that will travel, so I am reaching out to strangers now.

The details are in the other thread, but here is a quick recap:

>I am from PA
>24 and male
>Looking to take around 10 day trip
>Fly into Kiev
>Spend about 4 days in Chernobyl/Pripyat
>Spend the other days enjoying Kiev and maybe going elsewhere

Overall it's looking like it'll be around 2,300USD for the trip including everything. The more people that go, the lower the cost (substantially lower). For me, the plane ticket will be around 1200 bucks.

If you are interested, let me know and i will give you my throwaway email where we can talk about more details and I'll explain a bit more about myself.
>>
>>1098435
The fuck would you be doing in Pripyat for 4 days?

a) it's almost exclusively guided tours now that take you on the same route everytime. The days where you could bribe a local to get you in seem to be over. That also means you won't be able to go inside most of the buildings because of safety regulations, probably just the community center and maybe hotel.

b) there isn't that much to see that would fill up 4 days. I saw everything I wanted and more in just 8 hours.

c) Kiev is fun as shit, though. Definitely recommend spending that time there and hanging out. You can probably find a girl to date for a week while you're there if you're moderately outgoing and not hideous.
>>
How feasible is it to arrive at Kiev, go visit Pripyat and leave Ukraine in two days?
I'd just arrive in Kiev, go to Pripyat probably the same day and do the tour and leave the country in the next day. Is this possible? My interest is seeing the ghost city before going to SEA.
>>
>>1098526
Not just seeing Pripyat. Red Forest, Duga, the reactor site, and some other nearby villages. Maybe 3 days.

As for Kiev, I think it'll be pretty interesting, though I'm not interested in finding dates. Depending on how easy it is for Westerners to get around, I'd maybe try and head to Poland for a day, as well.

>>1098569
I'd say fairly feasible. You'd have to have lots of stamina, though, because the tours start at like 8am and end around 7-8pm. So your plane would have to get in pretty early for you to do the whole thing in a day.
>>
>>1098595
12 hours for one tour? That's pretty long.
Do you see everything? The city, the reactor, the surrounding forest and such in one go?
Also, how long does it take from Kiev to Pripyat?
>>
>>1098600
You see as much as they can show you of each area in a day. If you do a private tour, for multiple days, then they'll go more in depth at each section and let you explore more than they would at say a scheduled one dayer. This is why I want to do a private tour for multiple days. I want to see as much as possible of the area.

The trip from Kiev to Pripyat is like 2 hours or so. They use vans equipped with AC and video to let you watch docu's. Tour guides all speak English and seem to have personal history with the area.
>>
Update, there's a 3 day trip at the end of August with 2 people already signed up. I may be interested in doing this one. as it covers most places and is already set up.

Plane tickets may also be cheaper at this point, as well.
>>
>>1099151

/k/omrade

Go find yourself a Ukranian QT while you are over there. Make a account on Interpals.net and chat up some QTs. If you make a friend she could show you around and hang out! A lot of us have done that over here at. >>>/int/57326591
>>
>>1099157
Dude, I'm on the pals! Had one qt that I talked to quite extensively, but she had a bf. Then I had some personal issues to take care of and we didn't speak for like 6 months (It was a rough time in life...). She won't talk to me anymore, but I should find a qt.

Man, it would be like a dream to have a sweet, cute, slav girlfriend that would come live here in Burgerworld with me. We would have so much fun! I don't plan on dating around when I go over, but if something happens, it happens.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>1099161

oh shit, how long? I'm the American who went to visit Italian QT over the holidays. Then because of my annoyance. Some people threatened me. So I stayed away for a while..

But anyways, Pripyat would be sick. I want to do a trip like that sometime for sure.
>>
>>1099170
Since last July. I don't visit /int/ too often, but sometimes I check in on the action. Same with IP.

Just sent some messages out to the qts, maybe I'll get a travel partner there. Doubtful, but it would be fun. The foreign women are always so kind, it seems, but also many of them seem shy or like afraid to do daring things. More traditional culture is what I usually chalk it up to.

How was Italy? You still with the qt?
>>
>>1099180

Good luck!

Italy was awesome. I just went on a normal vacation. But before I went, I found a QT on IP to talk to. I stopped by her city for 2 days and we hung out. It was fun. We still talk and actually have become pretty good friends. The thing that kills me though is she doesn't think she could do LDR.. so we are not together. Which hurts because I really like her. But there's nothing I can do.. :/
>>
>>1099184
Shucks, that's sad. You never know how things could end up, though. Maybe another trip and you'll decide to move in and be a true paesano with your qt.

Thanks, I'll make sure to update at least /k/ with my journey results. I'll be heading back to West Africa in December as well, so I'll probably be on here looking again for travel partners.
>>
>>1099186

Oh shit that's pretty cool .hope that all works out.

Yeah I don't know.. It just sucks. But I'm hoping the 2 of us can take a trip together this fall. We've talked about it before. She's a amazing person, and honestly has become a best friend to me. I just wish we could be closer geographically.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.