[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The best country and the best city you ever visited. >Slovenia
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 7
File: pzdc.jpg (20 KB, 720x405) Image search: [Google]
pzdc.jpg
20 KB, 720x405
The best country and the best city you ever visited.

>Slovenia
>Istanbul
>>
>>1098233

>America
>Miami
>>
>Laos
>London
>>
>>1098236
>>London
Seriously ? Why ?

t. I live there
>>
>>1098238

Not that guy, but I'm a trust fund baby and went there with other wealthy friends. We stayed in the Westminster and had a big budget, so it was very nice. Although, I understand that if someone has to commute in and can't spend to much, it isn't very special.
>>
>>1098240
I live within the City of Westminster and while under no circumstances would I say that London is shit (hell it's much better than anywhere in Australia or the USA), there are still a lot of negatives against it. For instance there are far too many Araps and Pakis living here, property is ridiculously overpriced, boring topography and it does not have the 'soul' that other European cities have. I cannot fathom how somebody would put it ahead of cities like Ljubljana, Vilnius, Budapešt, Prague, Istanbul, etc.
>>
>>1098245
Why would you live in Zone 1?

It's a city of 10 million people plus. You can literally do whatever you want in London. See some of the best bands and artists and restaurants on a nightly basis. I went out on a spur of the moment and ended up seeing Carl Cox at Fabric.
Even in the bit where I live there's the biggest Nigerian ex-pat community outside of Nigeria, loads of art students, posh people in Dulwich, working class white communities up the road in Bermondsey, so it's laughable to say there's no soul.
If you live in London and don't think it's the best city in the world, you're not making the most of it. I'll fight you if you disagree.
>>
>>1098256
>Why would you live in Zone 1?

I didn't always - i initially lived in Shepherds Bush but that is a filthy place and too many mohammedans, then I moved to Blackwall which was fine (albeit boring), but having lived in the same place as a paki (which I wasn't aware of at the time of move in) I had to call it quits after less than 3 months.

Anyway if you visited any of the cities I quoted above you would also agree with me.

I want to live in Europe, not a third world diaspora city.
>>
>New Zealand
>Berlin
>>
>>1098233
>India
>Tokyo

Both for opposite reasons. One is total freedom to do absolutely anything you want. The other is total social authoritarianism that results in a pretty pleasant and clean experience.
>>
>>1098245

How is London better than Australia?

I have no experience in either, but if i had to pick, i'd choose Aus every time because it looks absolutely incredible.
>>
>>1098233
Iceland
Nagoya
>>
>>1098233
Istanbul is not in Slovenia you fuking moron
>>
I can't answer this question. I've lived everywhere I've gone, albeit for different reasons, and it's very hard to pick a "best" or "favorite."

Top favorite countries:

>India, Colombia, Turkey, Serbia

Top favorite cities:

>Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Istanbul, Bogota, Belgrade, Sarajevo, Tbilisi
>>
>>1098379
you trolling or just stinking the board up with your zero reading comprehension?
>>
>>1098380
>I can't answer this question.
Then don't shit out a list.
>>
>>1098383

>humblebrug

>half a dozen countries

Lurk more.

>>1098387

Oh. Sorry that I like different places for different reasons and didn't "find myself" in London.
>>
>Switzerland
>Prague
>>
>>1098380
Delhi?

... seriously?

Delhi fucking sucks. It's taken me 3 trips there to finally figure out how to make it tolerable (the secret is to go away from everyone and leave the city center).

The air is filthy, there's barely anything culturally interesting (the Muslim quarter is alright, but you can find cooler stuff in other cities), everyone seems to hate you and then they don't give you death glares it's Kashmiris giving you obviously fake bro-looks while trying to scam money from you.

Even the food is kind of shit compared to the rest of India.

Mumbai, though, I understand. Mumbai is awesome.
>>
>>1098371
Australia is boring and it's full of Australians (read: that's bad)
>>
>>1098233
>Japan
>Sapporo
Sapporo is currently my favorite city. The winter was not as cold as I expected and at least for me it was pretty pleasant. There are lots of fresh seafood, it is not too crowded but also not too small and you have easy access to tiny towns and nature giving you the advantages of small towns and big city at the same time. The people are more pleasant than in Tokyo and there are frequent festivals so there is always something new to see. And finally it seems to have a much cleaner air than other big cities.
>>
>>1098233
>Montenegro
>Budapest

>>1098245
>Budapešt

why?
>>
>>1098540
You reek of Real™️
>>
File: IMG_20160127_180009101.jpg (5 MB, 5248x2952) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160127_180009101.jpg
5 MB, 5248x2952
I don't have a favorite country but my favorite city is Pondicherry/Puducherry in India
>>
File: 1425676436355.jpg (750 KB, 1900x1160) Image search: [Google]
1425676436355.jpg
750 KB, 1900x1160
It changes every now and then

>Madagascar
>Istanbul
>>
>>1098233
>he fell for the Bled meme

yessh silly tourist, yeesssh
>>
> South Korea
>Montréal
>>
For all those saying India and/or Indian cities, can you please explain why ?

>>1098543
Because in hungarian
s = š
sz = s

>>1098544
What does that mean ?
>>
>>1098380
I always wonder how people can live in that many places in one life. What do you do for a living? How long did you live in each of those places
>>
>>1098574
I think he meant to write liked bro
>>
>>1098575
oh yeah thats a possibility. Though the k key is pretty far away from the v key
>>
>Canada
>Nice
>>
File: budapest tbh.jpg (2 MB, 4448x2920) Image search: [Google]
budapest tbh.jpg
2 MB, 4448x2920
>>1098571
that's no reason though for writing it like that
>>
>>1098601
ok
>>
>>1098576

Yeah, I meant "liked." It would be a little ridiculous if I'd actually lived everywhere I've gone. I probably have a different train of thought and threw down the wrong word.

>>1098525

I lived in Delhi for a couple of years.

People - especially other foreigners - are always surprised when I say that I like the city. The fact of the matter is just that I have a lot of friends and special memories there. Ever since my first trip, I've also made an effort to stay as far away from tourist-heavy neighborhoods like Paharganj and Karol Bagh as possible. Once you get away from the clusters of budget accommodation and historical monuments, you notice that those Kashmiri guys giving you "bro-looks" and trying to scam you disappear into thin air.

I rented apartments in Jangpura Ext. and Kalkaji, both of which are neighborhoods in South Central and South Delhi, respectively. I was never approached by anyone with bad intentions in either place. Really, people just left me to my own devices and would only sometimes initiate conversations when I was waiting in line to buy food.

Delhi is a rough city but I've met a lot of wonderful people there. There are also fantastic and beautiful places, especially in South Delhi and a few farther-away areas that I don't think the vast majority of tourists will ever see.

It's easy to feel like everyone there is out to get you, until you realize how their game works and learn to avoid it. Scams and touts in the city are extremely predictable, in regards to their approach and locations.

Again, I see where you're coming from. But it's hard not to like a place where you've spent so much time, have so many friends, and memories everywhere from far out in Dwarka to Shipra in Indirapuram.
>>
>>1098549
vintgar gorge is no meme
>>
>Myanmar
>Istanbul

Probably, anyway. My favourite city tends to change depending on when I'm asked.
>>
>>1098666
>the gorge gorge

It's even on their webpage, those fucking incompetents...
And yeah, it's a meme... not even that special.
Next time, go further east, by at least 20-30km.
>>
>>1098233

>Germany
>Prague
>>
Israel + Palestine
Istanbul
>>
>Switzerland
>Osaka
>>
Laos
Luang Prabang
>>
>>1098233

>Slovenia
>Amsterdam or Firenze
>>
>>1098546
>eternit
enjoy your cancer
>>
>>1098891
Bufff I had a blast in I+PT
>>
>Paraguay
>Copenhagen
>>
>Kenya
>Syracuse (the real one)

>>1098233
>>1098933
Tell me about Slovenia pls
>>
File: tartini_square_piran.jpg (134 KB, 700x525) Image search: [Google]
tartini_square_piran.jpg
134 KB, 700x525
>>1099071
A tiny country but it has everything from Alps, to Mediterranean coastal towns, to rivers, lakes and historic city centres.

The towns have that joie de vivre that you'd expect in Italy, but with the pleasing ordnüng of Germany. Relative to many places in Europe it's not well known so therefore not ravaged by tourism.

Also,
>perfect climate, four true seasons
>lack of third world immigrants (for now), near absence of islam
>cosiness everywhere you go
>castles in the mountains
>great variety of regional food, good coffee
>friendly people
>basically the perfect lifestyle in the world
>>
>>1099078
Wow, thank you! Sounds really nice, will put it on my bucket list now.
>>
>>1098233
>Croatia
>Granada (Spain)
>>
File: P1020126.jpg (5 MB, 4000x3000) Image search: [Google]
P1020126.jpg
5 MB, 4000x3000
>>1098233
My favorite country was Colombia. Started going down there maybe ten years back, it was close enough after the worst of the Narco/FARC nadir that people were just thrilled to see you as a foreign visitor. It's become me common now, of course, but people down there are still just really nice and generally glad to see you, in an interesting and frequently beautiful country.

Favorite city was Rome. Jus so much history, art, architecture, great food... Was not there during the height of tourist season, which may have made a big difference, but as somebody who is not as interested in cities per se s some folks, Rome was pretty damned great.

Pic not related, my pics of both of those trips are on my other machine, but here's a picture from the BVI.
>>
Hey guys.... guys, listen... if your post is just "stop liking what I don't like" why not skip posting that and instead post your favorites.
>>
>>1099071
Went there for a 1 week long music festival in the middle of the mountains, then I decided to stay one more week just moving with 3 friends in a van.
Had a blast because i really love hiking, and the nature there is beautiful. Plenty of lakes and forests, people are not the friendliest but i've seen worst, and it's cheap as fuck. Booze is okay, weed is easy to fins, girls are cute.
I highly recommand it if you love spending your holidays in a medium mountain environnement, away from big cities. But if you go there to do historical tourism, like you would do in France or Italy, you gonna get bored very quickly.
>>
>>1098933
Also forgot to tell, the weather is great. Not a lot of rain (at least during the summer), but not too hot because you spend most of your time in altitude.

There is also ONE thing to do if you like historical tourism. Visiting castles. There is castles everywhere.

For the food it's meh, but i'm French so i'm a pain in the ass when it comes to quality of the food.
>>
>>1098240
be my friend please
>>
>>1098233
>Greece
>Sarajevo
>>
>>1099355
>>Sarajevo

What is it you liked about it ?

I'm planning on visiting in September
>>
>norway
that's easy, love it...

city:
>copenhagen,graz or boulder CO
hard to say
>>
>Taiwan
>Tokyo / Tainan / Berlin / Montreal / Amsterdam
>>
>>1098233
>United States of America (What doesn't it have?!)
>Istanbul (Well you know, except thousands of years of culture and stuff.)
>>
>>1099278
Sounds good, thank you!
>>
>>1099457
not samefag but i also love sarajevo and def going back.
other than the general vibe, it has awesome food, some open people, really nice mountains nearby. the water is great, too. overall it's the history in the air that really made me fall in love with that place. bosnia in general is really interesting. also 'i don't drink vodka now, it's ramadan'
>>
>South Korea
>Las Vegas/Hong Kong/Krakow/Belfast
>>
>>1100117
>Belfast

why
>>
>Sweden
>Stockholm
>>
>>1100133
I love history and there is just a strangeness about Belfast that I find so unique
>>
>Iceland
>Akureyri
>>
>Japan
>Wroclaw
>>
>NZ
>Prague
>>
>Iceland
>either Jerusalem or Vienna
>>
>>1098233
Samarkand
Uzbekistan
>>
Germany
Seattle

I know, Seattle is the epicenter of the hipster apocalypse, everything is expensive, and everyone is a douche. But I like the Pacific NW and Seattle is a pretty badass city with all different kinds of cultures and foods and shit to do.
>>
whats so great about istanbul?
>>
>>1098233
>Bulgaria
>Hong Kong
>>
>>1100249
Dunno about these other people but I'm a turkboo, so culture holds a big factor. But the topography of the city is probably the best in the world in my opinion. It's truly picturesque, diverse and plentiful while still appreciating the pure simplicities of life. For example bread is laid out bare in shops, not suffocated in bags sealed by the factory. Tea is still brewed the proper way, not some caffeinated shit poured in a paper cup to drink "on the go". The climate is ideal and the lifestyle is how people should live.
>>
Favourite country: Thailand. Going for a 5 week trip 2.5 years has lead to me living there permanently now. I've lived in the north and the South and I'll never get tired of this place

Favourite city: Tuktuk, Lake Toba, Indonesia. Easily the nicest people I've ever met. I was invited into family homes for lunch and dinner almost on a daily basis.
>>
>Finland
Completely fell inlove with the feel of the country and was completely welcomed by everyone I met. Lakes are awesome and the weather was suprisingly nice when I was there so it was cool seeing people out on beaches and stuff. Would love to go a lot further north and in the winter.

>Utrecht
Didn't plan on going there but I ended up there. A million times better than Amsterdam (which I still enjoyed) imo.
Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.