[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This Russian Visa process is confusing me.... I'll be visiting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: russia.jpg (820 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
russia.jpg
820 KB, 1280x800
This Russian Visa process is confusing me....

I'll be visiting Russia after 3 months of Europe travel, but apparently the visa is only valid from 3 months after getting it?

Also, I have to make an itinary of everywhere i'll be staying, but I'll be spending about half my nights on the train?

Has anyone else worked out an easy way to get a russian visa in my situation? I'm australian btw, even just a link to sites that work out the visas for you would be fine thanks.
>>
Haдo чтo cилный пpoпpoбoвaть взять визy.
>>
>>1092959
>Haдo чтo cилный пpoпpoбoвaть взять визy.
>google translate:Halo that strong ppoppobovat take visa.

???
>>
try http://waytorussia.net/Travel/VisaSupport.html as it has alot of hotels listed in many cities. When going to your friendly local russian embassy you need to fill out the name of this company that has the website as the entity as the inviting part.

I suggest you write an email to the embassy and ask, as I only did a few flights and a road trip to one city. I think if you spend more than 24hrs in one city that you need to put it in your itinerary
>>
>>1092966
Hahaha...there are some english keyboard characters mixed in his message to prevent translation.
>>
>>1093231
The russian consulate where i live are not very helpful.

>Me in an email: It's said on your website that a visa is only valid within 3 months after it is issued. However, I am going to be travelling for three months before my planned entry into Russia; would it be possible to complete my application process abroad? Or, can someone based in australia complete it on my behalf, with me signing all necessary documents before I leave? If not, what options do I have? Will I have to modify my travel plans?

This is the whole email they sent back:

>You can apply now
>>
>>1092939
The visa is valid from the first specific date of travel you apply for on it, and NOT whenever you feel like entering the country.

>I have to make an itinary of everywhere i'll be staying
Meh, that's a soviet-era holdover. It's a formality, they're not really going to check it that closely, unless your name is Mohamed al-Jihadi and you're sporting a large scraggly beard. Just write down some hotel/hostel names for particular dates, or write in sleeper trains, etc. You do not necessarily have to stick to it.

The process seems scarier than it really is. In theory, you're supposed to have your visa validated by the first hotel you stay at. They should be familiar. I stayed with friends, so went to a travel agency and asked them if they could do it (for a 'tip' of course, they did). No one ever checked me on exit, but you do get a little slip of paper that says your visa was validated. Hold on to it, just in case. I also know a few other people I've spoken to who never bothered validating the visa at all and didn't have problems. YMMV. No one really cares, but an excuse to extract a bribe, or uh, 'fine', will seldom go unpassed.
>>
>>1092939
look for a travel agancy owned by a russian in your area. They usually know what to do.
If you live in a big city there should be somewhere a russian shop, go there and ask, they should know.
>>
russian trains are fucking disgusting

russia (mind you, not moscow or st petersburg) is probably my worst travel experience ever. i don't recommend it to anyone - biggest shithole in the world
>>
>>1093482
Being Russian, absolutely agree with that man. Anyway, OP, if you gonna visit Moscow I could walk with you
>>
hellow guys
If you want to visit Russia , write me an email , I live in Volgograd , and I can be your guide
[email protected]
>>
Not OP, but I figured I'd ask a question in this thread.
So I've obtained my visa, but I noticed that the "invited by" slot is empty even though I included the support/invitation documents from the hotel I'll be staying at. Will this cause any problems or will I be fine?
>>
>>1093614
Again, it's an old soviet holdover. It probably won't matter, though if someone feels like extracting a bribe from you, that could be a reason. If you're feeling cheeky, just write in the name of the (or a?) company yourself.
>>
http://www.russianconsulting.com/

I used these guys to get the visa everything went smooth. The invitation letter comes free if you are getting a visa through them.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.