[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
A week in Cyprus
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 4
File: political-map-of-Cyprus.jpg (477 KB, 1700x888) Image search: [Google]
political-map-of-Cyprus.jpg
477 KB, 1700x888
I'm going to Cyprus for a week in four days, being based in Larnaca the whole time.

I want to see Nicosia, Limassol, Famagusta, and possibly Kyrenia and Paphos if it's not too long for a day trip. I don't have my own car, and have to rely on public transport. Will this be a problem? How is transport between north and south? Can I take a bus from Larnaca to Famagusta, for example, or to Kyrenia?

Any other sights apart from the big cities I shouldn't miss, that can be reached by public transport?
>>
I've been to Cyprus, great place. Transport between North and South can be tricky without a local, although as long as you're from a politically stable country you'll be fine (EU passport is the easiest way to do it, that way it's easier to get back into the South).

Get a Taxi to Karpasia in the far North East, you won't regret it. There's a monastery right on the tip next to a huge beach (Golden Beach, pic related) which is often empty. The monastery has monks which allow visitors to come in and look at the ancient buildings, amazing, and in the middle of nowhere, in a cove next to the beach.

My only advice is get to the North East and back in one piece, its the most rural and least visited part, and you'll become more interesting if you go there instead of some tourist scum.
>>
File: 13_Renovate.jpg (67 KB, 634x344) Image search: [Google]
13_Renovate.jpg
67 KB, 634x344
>>1089626
Apostolos Andreas Monastery.

Become cultured, OP. Learn some shit.
>>
>>1089626
>>1089627
Thanks, it looks lovely, will definitely try to make my way up there. As for my passport, I'm from Norway, so not EU, strictly speaking, but travel wise we tend to count as "EU passports" anyway.
>>
>>1089766
Yeah, that should not be a problem.
>>
>>1089601
Welcome! I would recommend at least renting a dune buggy or a scooter, something you'll be able to take onto the highways. public transport here is infamous.

The Troodos mountains are beautiful this time of year, there's a gorgeous little village up there called Kakopetria with a waterfall that runs through the main square.

The locals aren't a big fan of the English, but being from Norway you should get on fine.

Also, if you're based in Larnaca, visit the Finikoudes seafront, the entrance is right next to the police HQ, it's hard to miss.

And right opposite the police HQ on the other side of the road is a local souvlaki/gyro shop that does fucking delicous food for 2eur :)

Have a good trip!
>>
>>1089794
whoops, left my op tag on. anyway heres a picture of kakopetria
>>
>>1089794
>>1089795
Thanks! I'd love to rent something, but I don't have a license. Those are fairly expensive in Norway, believe it or not... Troodos looks beautiful though, I'll see if I can find a way up there. And I'll check out Finikoudes and the gyro place, thanks for the local tips! :)
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.