[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
35 minutes, from plane arriving, to a train at the train station
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: ESXXDdd.jpg (137 KB, 540x720) Image search: [Google]
ESXXDdd.jpg
137 KB, 540x720
35 minutes, from plane arriving, to a train at the train station of Helsinki airport? Possible? With baggage collection? Without hold baggage? Possible?
>>
>>1089057
Errrgghh. It'd be tight. Not impossible, but, luck would have to be on your side. If everything ran exactly on time, you had all your papers ready to go, and you RAN, you'd probably make it. Wouldn't reccomend it, though. Especially if you're near the back of the plane and have to wait around in customs.

Good luck. You'll need it.
>>
>>1089057
Also, anything is possible
>>
>>1089062

It's an EU flight so I won't have customs. Depends on the luggage if I have any, gonna be a small plane Canada Regionaljet 900, so does that mean that the luggage will get off the plane faster than if it was a 737 or something.

Anyhow, anybody that's used the Helsinki Airport Train Station would be useful, because when I used it arriving. It must have taken at least 15 minutes from leaving the plane, to arriving at the terminal front. But I hear they have a new entrance direct from the terminal? So I wonder how long that would take. As I recall it was stupidly deep underground.

>>1089063

Thxbro
>>
It take 35 min to just get off a plane anywhere
At least
>>
The Helsinki airport train is pure shit. Take the bus instead, or a taxi.
>>
>>1089156
this.
the airport bus fare is 5 euros(?).
>>
>>1089199
>>1089156

Hey, gotta say I'm very impressed by the Helsinki Airport Train ( Apart from the Distance to the station atm from the Terminal which is ridiculous ). Like I said, I'm going north, not going to Helsinki, so I'm changing at Tikkurila ( once again a useful feature of the Airport Train ) and therefore the price of the Ticket from Helsinki Airport - Kuopio ( inorite ) is the same as the price from Helsinki Central. Which is very nice. Also the Train seems well connected, to Helsinki Central and to Tikkurila, where you can chance north, and considering the ticket to Helsinki Airport is the same as from Helsinki Central, including the change at Tikkurila, I must say it's well done.

Only gripe, is that when I went through the station last time, it was so far underground, and so far from the Terminal, it took a very long time to actually get from leaving the train to getting to the terminal front. However if they've got a new entrance working, which goes directly from one of the terminal buildings, then I'd like to know how long it takes to get to the station from there.

Otherwise, I'm rating the ring rail line pretty highly.
>>
>>1089343
Just look at the neighbors in Stockholm and Oslo for examples on how to do an airport train right. Not a shitty slow local train.
>>
>>1089562

I don't see the problem, the airport distributes people about Helsinki to metro interchanges and Long Distance interchanges,
>>
I did it last week and I didn't even run. Depends on your luck with baggage though.
>>
>>1089672

At Helsinki Airport as well? Might just not take baggage if you think I can.
>>
>>1089057
I've taken the train numerous times. There's a new entrance between terminals 1 & 2 with a much shorter walk than before. You walk along the corridor connecting the two terminals and find the signs for the train, take the elevator and then it's about a 3-5 minute walk to the platform.

Depending on what gate you land at it can be quite a walk before you get to the exits to pick up baggage though.

You would be looking at around 50 EUR for a taxi to the city depending on the time of day.

There is the Finnair bus which take about 30 mins to the central station for 6,50 or 7 EUR as well as the local bus (I can't remember the name) which might take 45 minutes or more).
>>
>>1089893

Okay, thanks a lot. I did see that entrance was under construction when I was flying from Helsinki, but I didn't use it. Like I said, if I was needing to get into Helsinki, problems weren't. But I need to go north, so I have this 35 minute gap alone. Although if this entrance is open, then considering it's an inter-schengen flight, if I don't take hold luggage. It should be makeable. Thanks.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.