[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello brothers, I am new to this board and am curious to see
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: Beethoven.jpg (450 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Beethoven.jpg
450 KB, 1920x1080
Hello brothers, I am new to this board and am curious to see what sort of advice I can receive.

I am moving to Lima, Peru within two weeks with the intention of living there for a few months until I have enough of a grasp on the language to move into the countryside. I have neither plan nor more than a thousand dollars; the absence of the former is due to the excitement I derive from traveling in this manner while the latter's is because I am an artist. I have a friend there who says he can help me get situated and although I believe him without doubt, I still figured I would post here.

I am planning on teaching English since I have a TESOL certificate and bachelor's but would definitely be open to something more interesting if the opportunity presents itself. I would like to know from you guys if you have any suggestions as to where to live for those few months in the city, if there is anything I should maybe know, and of your own experiences in Peru. I am traveling light with my travel backpack and accordion as I have done before and assume that the money I have will suffice to situate me without great difficulty.

If you guys have advice regarding the country, or even continent, as a whole feel free to share also. I am interested in esoteric practices, shamanism in particular, and in holistic, traditional approaches to curing ailments. If anyone is with an idea as to where to proceed from Lima for this sort of thing, I would be happy to receive advice as well.

Pic unrelated, it's the only one I have on this computer.

Thanks in advance!
>>
you should watch crystal fairy and the magic cactus
not because I think you're like them but because it's funny and you might get a kick out of it
>>
>>1089014
Thanks for the recommendation, it looks like a neat movie from what I just read about it. Obviously I'm not sure what they're like, but reading in the plot that he, in a moment of indiscretion, invited some American girl to join already hits close to home; I've learned my lesson about doing this.
>>
>>1089014
But it's set in Chile, not Peru (._.)
>>
>>1089029
still has that whole south american shamanism vibe going on
>>
>>1089009
You should try to get established in La Victoria or Barrios Altos - great districts, good artistic vibe, and not too pricey.
>>
Hi man! I lived in Lima 2 years ago during seven months and i can tell you something, there is a lot of foreing and local people there who speaks english. So, I'll tell you, do not think that you can live teaching english with a simple certificate. Otherwise, Its a very nice place, but its not Eurpoe, there is a lot of poorness and some places in that city are very dangerous. But Lima is a very nice place to live. Nice Weather, the ocean, the food, people is very kind; but i dont think you can life for a while just with some dollars. But you have to try!
>>
>>1089009
Just to let you know, I counted at least 12 grammar mistakes and 20+ poor choices of words in that sentence alone.

Best make sure nobody in your school is a native English speaker or you're shit out of luck
>>
>>1089720
>I counted at least 12 grammar mistakes and 20+ poor choices of words in that sentence alone.
If this is not bait, and if you are not simply being provocative or pretentious for some strange fetish you have for doing so, I would have you elaborate. I am as much interested to learn of those mistakes and poor choices as I am to see if you are serious.

>>1089655
This is great thanks a lot, I will look into both.

>>1089658
Thank you for the information! Teaching English is just something I had in mind because it's the last job I held when I was abroad but I wasn't planning on making much more than what I need to get by so hopefully what I can find will be good enough for that. If you have recommendations for other work I should look for I will take it into consideration. Also any advice you have would be appreciated; I'm sure you learned a lot in the seven months you were there!
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.