[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Switzerland
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: images.jpg (43 KB, 678x452) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
43 KB, 678x452
Where to go?

Zurich/Appenzell/Zermatt/Lucerne/Bern

Interlaken/Lauterbrunnen/Grindelwald/Wengen/Murren/Gimmelwald

Geneva/Lausanne/Gruyere

After a lazy amount of research I've come up with these three areas.

Any opinions or suggestions?
I know most people will probably suggest skipping Zurich and/or Geneva, but they are conveniently located and accesss into the country by plane and international rail.
>>
can't really say much about the rest of switzerland but i was in the wallis, sion multiple times, which is not far away from lausanne and the area is quite nice, summer is hot and due to that theres a lot of whine growing and of course beautiful scenery of the alps
sion has a rail station of course but its not a big city all around
>>
>>1088465
Swiss here, it completely depends on what you want to do, see and your budget.

Switzerland is expensive but most destinations you listed are super touristy and expensive^10.
>>
File: IMGP1143.jpg (986 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
IMGP1143.jpg
986 KB, 2048x1536
lucerne has some of the most scenic vistas ive ever seen, certainly not to be missed.
>>
well what do you want to see? visit the cities or the country side?
if want the check out the cities you should visit zürich, basel, geneva and bern. the rest are meh.
if you want to see the country side, my favorites are graubünden especially the national park (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swiss_National_Park) the crestasee is also very picturesque (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crestasee) and valais for example the rhône Glacier (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rh%C3%B4ne_Glacier) or the aletsch glacier (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aletsch_Glacier)

tell me what you are after and i can give you more ideas
>>
>>1088465
I recently went to Flims for snowboarding, what is it you are wanting to do?

Here is my video of our Flims holiday https://youtu.be/TKF24HGCeDE
>>
>>1088550
>touristy
This is bad because....?
>>
>>1088466
>>1088587
>>1088637
I go to a lot of countries for many reasons. I'm interested in tjings that can only be done or seen in switzerland, which may be the most popular/"touristy" things which is fine.

I want to see picturesqye villages, good scenery and mountains/the alps.

Places like wengen, murren, gimmelwald are close so it seems one could see all of them if staying in the area, but perhaps their proximity means youre getting the same scenery, same stuff. So in such a case i wouldnt know which to stay at
>>
>>1088646
It's bad because some of our coolest places became literally Disneyland 2.0 just with a higher price tag to get your "I survived xy the ride" picture.
>>
I stayed at a hotel in Basel switzerland . I ate at a restaruant and my meal was 70 chf most expensive meal ive ever eaten. then crossed the alps and drove to florence italy. Everything in switzerland is expensive due to being out of the eu. 1 liter of motor oil is 50chf i saw. even burger king food will be expensive in ch.
>>
File: SUISSE.gif (71 KB, 888x653) Image search: [Google]
SUISSE.gif
71 KB, 888x653
>>1088661
Another Swiss anon here. While it is true that life in Switzerland is expensive you can get away quite easily too if you are on a budget.
I would recommend you to visit Zurich over Geneva as it is just more appealing (shopping, size, clubbing if you're into that). Then hop on a train to Luzern and go check Lake Lucerne which is just amazing ! From then you could go to Lausanne or somewhere around Lavaux (a region) and see the vineyards and such and picturesque landscape with Lake Geneva and the Alps. You could also push to Geneva (only about 40 min away from Lausanne). Anyway once in Lausanne you have direct access to Wallis by train that rides just next to the lake. In Wallis you can take a train that goes up to Zermatt and the Matterhorn. You can also visit pretty much anything up there (Derborence is pretty nice too).
Note that if you go to Brig (pretty up in Wallis) you can take a train that goes to Thun, just next to Gimmelwald. Everything is very well connected here !
Feel free to ask if you have any questions
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.