[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Good camping spots.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (306 KB, 1600x669) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
306 KB, 1600x669
Hey guys, thought I'd just start a conversation on best spots for camping, I'm starting with pic related, Acadia National Park in Maine.

Nice campgrounds, good hikes, and there's free busses that go from place to place around the whole area. I'd highly recommend. Where are your favorite spots?

Bonus question: how do you guys camp? I pitch an old fashioned A-frame tent, cook as much as I can on the fire, but also use a small backpacking stove to fry eggs and such. I like to bring a good bottle of wine and a cigar if allowed.
>>
File: SAM_1015.jpg (4 MB, 4000x3000) Image search: [Google]
SAM_1015.jpg
4 MB, 4000x3000
I saw your pic and for a second I thought "Jesus, that guy's got balls for camping on top of Cadillac Mountain."

Best place I've ever camped is underneath the Old man of Storr on the isle of Skye. There are a few flat grassy areas just above the forest. I've seen a lot of the world, and I've never been anywhere with a better view. Go to sleep in pea-soup fog, grumpy that you couldn't even catch a glimpse of the Storr; then in the morning poke your head out of the tent flap and see the sun rising above Applecross, water reflecting the pink clouds reflected in Loch Leathan.
You can legally camp basically anywhere you like in Scotland.
>>
>>1088318
thats looks amazing, any coms about camping in scotland? areas to avoid or dangers?

ive been considering taking a trip where i basically spend about 1 to 2 weeks just camping.
>>
>>1088321
There are a few long-distance footpaths in Scotland that would keep you busy for a week or two. West Highland Way if you don't mind other hikers, Cape Wrath Way if you're hardcore.
>areas to avoid or dangers
Yea, avoid camping next to streams where the fucking midges swarm so thick it looks like someone's taken a can of black spray paint to the outside of your rainfly. Enjoy staying up till midnight squashing the 600 that followed you in.
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.