[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
long term nomads/ backpacking essentials
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2
File: resize.jpg (161 KB, 1600x1066) Image search: [Google]
resize.jpg
161 KB, 1600x1066
Hey /trv/ I'm thinking of taking my first long term nomad trip, my buddy and I are planning to hitchike around Canada and work some farm jobs, pick berries and mushrooms kind of shit and live on the beaches/camps the farms sometimes provide.
I'm very excited but packing has been on my mind a lot, obviously packing light is the best way to go but I'm scared I'll forget something crucial.
What are some of your long terms backpacking essentials?

I'll start;
Flint
Handcrank flashlight and radio
Small netbook in case of emergencies
Extra charger for phone because shit breaks
Toiletries
TOILET PAPER**
multi tool
Mason jar (can be a cup or a food container if need be)
Self defense tool (I have mace and my buddy has a switch blade so we should be aight )
Rolling papers
Extra underwear and socks
Extra pair of shoes (I wear army issued garrisons for walking and shit, flip flops and a pair of converse in bag)
I was thinking of getting a small camping cookware set but they seem too bulky to carry around long term and I don't mind eating cold food.

So what does /trv/ take with them when they hit the road? Also, does anyone know how to prevent chafe from walking long distances?
>>
File: flaming14-rainbow.jpg (83 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
flaming14-rainbow.jpg
83 KB, 720x720
Don't need shit compadre. Hook up with the Rainbow Family.

>>1085691
>>
>>1088257
That's the plan eventually, best scenario is that I'd find a commune to live with a bit, I'd also like to go to burning man this year who knows!
>>
>>1088242
I did this for a year (europe here) i only had the multitool which i used only a few times and extra underwear and socks. Only real necessity is a sleeping bag(+tent if not urban) and water prevent chafing by carrying less shit but it will happen anyway
>>
>>1088242
I think you might want to ask >>>/out/
We mostly sleep in a bed.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.