[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Learning basic Spanish
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: Calatrava-Valencia-8941.jpg (209 KB, 800x530) Image search: [Google]
Calatrava-Valencia-8941.jpg
209 KB, 800x530
I'm traveling to Valencia this summer, to fap over some architecture. Anybody any tip on learning basic Spanish.
Preverably in the form of movies, series, and shit like that.
>>
Duolingo.
>>
>>1088176
this.
I've been (lazily) learning Portuguese for awhile now and I understand Spanish a shit ton more after not having studied spanish at all.

Also, switch the language in your phone/phone games/etc. You'll pick up on things eventually.
>>
>>1088175
I'm in the process of learning Spanish myself. I'm currently using studyspanish.com to learn grammar. Once I've learned the 'rules' of the language, I plan to just do plenty of reading and writing to remember words and expand my vocabulary.
>>
>>1088175
I've been learning Spanish for a little over a year now using just Duolingo and Memrise and I've managed to reach a pretty decent standard - I can hold a decent conversation from my end, understand what's being said to me if they slow it down, and read passages of text to a decent degree of understanding. They're not perfect tools, but very good (especially for vocab) considering they're free.

When I first attempted to learn Spanish (a few years ago now) I used a website called LiveMocha, which was pretty helpful from what I remember. I gave up learning for unrelated reasons, but I think it was a good way to learn more about the rules of the language, so if that's still going I'd recommend it too.
>>
>>1088230
I like Duolingo a lot but I used MemeRise a few years ago and it seemed like a user-created mess. Has it gotten better?

Also italki is a pretty popular language exchange site if you haven't heard of it
>>
>>1088231
Yes and no, it pretty much depends on the course. For the most popular ones (e.g. learning of popular languages) enough users have contributed to it that the errors are mostly tidied up and the format is ok. That said, there are still some mistakes in the courses I use most (Adjectives in Spanish, Spanish nouns for young kids, and 100 most popular Spanish verbs), but hey, it's free and very tablet/phone friendly. It's very good for learning vocab, but I wouldn't recommend it too much beyond that.
>>
File: 104_2219.jpg (763 KB, 3072x2304) Image search: [Google]
104_2219.jpg
763 KB, 3072x2304
duolingo, rosetta stone, the usual stuff.

watch motorcycle diaries, y tu mama tambien, narcos, basically any media that inspires you to learn more. I regularly turn on spanish subtitles on netflix and see if I can pick up some of the spanish terms for words on english programs.

main thing is diverse mediums, do one (movie, newspaper, music, duolingo) until you get sick of it then switch it up. lots of spanish radio programs available on tuneIn ipad app as well.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.