[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm going to Denver for two weeks in the middle of March.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3
File: DENVER.jpg (10 KB, 242x209) Image search: [Google]
DENVER.jpg
10 KB, 242x209
I'm going to Denver for two weeks in the middle of March. I have never been there, so I thought I'd ask if you guys have any tips for making the most of it. I am aware that pot is legal there, but I'd like to do some other things instead. Any good attractions, bars, restaurants, or things like that I should do?
>>
File: Turntable-Photo.jpg (41 KB, 440x293) Image search: [Google]
Turntable-Photo.jpg
41 KB, 440x293
There is a tourist-tier (but still interesting) all-you-can-eat Mexican restaurant in town called Casa Bonita. They have Mariachi bands, an arcade, and an indoor cliff and dive pool that divers jump in from the top of the cliff.

There is one notable amusement park in town called Elitch Gardens, but it's "meh" compared to other parks of its size throughout the country. There is also a smaller, but more historical amusement park called Lakeside Park, which has the oldest roller coaster in the state.

Also, Denver was a huge railroad hub dating back to the days when the Transcontinental Railroad was still being built, and still is today. The Colorado Railroad Museum in Golden, Colorado very close to Denver has a pretty cool selection of trains on display and runs some of them on a circle of track on weekends.
>>
>>1088018
Thank you. I had no idea that south park restaurant was real. I guess I have to give it a try. I will look into the railroad too.

Thanks
>>
File: mission-and-vision-745x495.jpg (142 KB, 745x495) Image search: [Google]
mission-and-vision-745x495.jpg
142 KB, 745x495
I would recommend the Denver Zoo or the Natural History Museum.There is also an Art museum, but it can be hit or miss depending on what is on display at the time.
>>
Bump - I'm also going to be in Denver for a week in May and enjoying these suggestions. I'm curious if anyone would recommend any outdoors/hiking location over the rest since I'm only there for short time?
>>
One huge thing in Denver is checking out the microbreweries. There's a TON of them so here's a small list that you should try. Most of them offer free tours as well.

Downtown areas: Denver Beer Co., Prost, Great Divide, Wynkoop.
RiNo area (a little East of Downtown): Our Mutual Friend, Ratio, Epic.

Around Denver: Lowdown, Station 26 (My favorite), Fiction, and Joy Ride
>>
There's some good ones in town. Places to check out, depending on your budget

Root Down, Linger, Steuben's, Ace Eat, Rosenbergs, Park Burger, Cherry Cricket, and finally, the best dinner in Denver--Tables.
>>
Things to do:
Check out the other towns if you can--Boulder and Ft. Collins.

Denver is an active/outdoors type of town so check out some of the bike trails like the Cherry Creek trail. Rent one of the public bike share bikes--B Cycle and you can travel around town seeing different sights. If it's a nice day, make sure you check out Washington Park, or as people in Denver call it, Wash Park.

Oh, and another place to drink and eat is called Punchbowl Social.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.