[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Moving? What state should I go to?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: just do it.jpg (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
just do it.jpg
2 MB, 1920x1080
I live in RI and I really want to leave. Can't stand living up here anymore and really want a change. It's crowded, everything up in New England is expensive, and people can be downright just nasty.

I want to get away from the east coast. I like the idea of farmland and quaint towns, but I still need to be able to find a job! Being in the 'middle of nowhere' really doesn't sound all that bad to me as long as I'm not literally 20 miles from society

If you are in the US, what state do you live in? What do you like about it and what don't you like about it?
>>
Austin is pretty good, but don't tell anyone. It's a big secret.
>>
I've heard Iowa and Wisconsin's pretty nice. Anyone been/lived there?
>>
what do you like to do for fun? what are your marketable skills?
>>
>>1087732
For fun I'm kinda boring. I like being outdoors and walking around but I love painting, knitting, cooking... don't really need much for that but big cities aren't nice to walk around in.

I'm only 24 so I don't have much to brag about yet. Mostly just hired under general work [coffee shop, mcdonalds manager, ect. Nothing all that impressive] BUT I would very much like to start a career in healthcare or a biology setting. Have associate, looking for bachelor's. Don't know if there's any specific state that has a good niche for lab techs and the like
>>
I'm also hoping to someday (nowhere near it yet) start a family and own a small home, so a state with a decent school system would be nice and housing that isn't sky high (rent here is 800+ for crap with few/no utilities :( )
>>
Oxford, Mississippi
>>
what are your political leanings? if you're standard issue new england white guilt you'll probably end up pretty uncomfortable in the south. i'm a rightwing nutjob, but i still got weirded out a couple times by the blatant racism in texas.
>>
>>1087724
Move to Wisconsin.

Nice people, low cost of living, Milwaukee os decent enough amd you can drive 30 mins and be in the middle of nowhere. Living near Lake Michigan is also a huge plus.
>>
>>1087743
honestly, kill me if I sound stupid but I don't get very involved with politics. I don't consider myself right or left wing and I don't much care for most of the issues they talk about on tv. I voted obama because I was young and hopeful and I honestly don't think he did badly. I think he did a lot of good and I support obamacare. I like Bernie this election a lot more than these other candidates so far. I hope I'm not making any enemies this way :(
>>
>>1087743
I hear Texas is especially bad about that kind of thing because they constantly have to deal with all the fucking mexicans, especially the illegal ones and their cartels, a lot of whom don't even speak english.
>>
>>1087743
>>1088293
Yeah, as a Southerner, don't lump Texas in with us. Texas isn't the South, they're their own thing, and don't lump us in with the crazy shit they do.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.