[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Croatia / Slovenia
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: horvatorszag.jpg (181 KB, 1024x715) Image search: [Google]
horvatorszag.jpg
181 KB, 1024x715
Hey, i'm going to visit Croatia and Slovenia this summer. Has anyone can recommend me a interesting place to visit ? "Must see" ? :) Thanks,
>>
>>1087338
Soča river, Bled and Postojna caves are all must see material
>>
Ljubljaba is pretty and near the rest if europe

Theres nothing in the balkans that is "must-see"
>>
File: krka.jpg (515 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
krka.jpg
515 KB, 1920x1080
>>1087338
Basically every bit of our coast is beautiful, there are hundreds of beautiful towns and islands.

You can't fail with anything. Check out NP Krka and Plitvice too.
>>
>>1087338
Slovenia:
- Lake Bled
- Vintgar Gorge
- Lake Bojinj
- Vogel cable car
- Triglav National Park / Soca Valley
--- Driving the Vrsic pass
--- Hike to the Kozjak waterfall
--- Hike along Mostnica river
--- Hike along Soca river
- Postojna Caves
- Skocjan Caves
- Piran
- Ljubljana

Croatia
- Plitvice Lakes
- Zadar
- Krka
- Kornati Islands
- Paklenica
- Pag
- Zagreb
>>
>>1087338

From Istria to Dalmatia+Islands

Istria:
Pula
National park Brioni
Rovinj
Optionaly Poreč
Motovun (eat traditional Istrian cusine here)

Dalmatia:
National park Plitvice
Zadar
Split
Dubrovnik (just a warning, really expensive town)

+ Islands:

Hvar (also expensive)
Brač
Mali Lošinj
but in general every island is worth visiting.

t. croat
>>
>>1087474
Hi, im going to Croatia in holidays. I'm planning to visit Zagreb (2-3 days) and then hit the coast. I'm thinking about either Zadar or Split. I'm focused on seeing places, visiting museums, getting to known local food etc. Simultaneously, as I'm going to travel with girlfriend, I'd like to pick place with nice beach to just lay down and relax. Which one from those two should I pick?
>>
>>1087675
Zadar for relaxing, Split for culture (big city too). Dimensions/Outlook Festival in Pula for partying.
>>
If you really want to party, go to Zrce Beach on Pag Island. Absolutely crazy place, beautiful area and beaches. Also Hvar as well.
>>
File: trogir-from-air.jpg (270 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
trogir-from-air.jpg
270 KB, 1024x576
Guys you don't want to miss Trogir.

Probably the most beautiful city in Croatia with Dubrovnik.
>>
>>1087675
Last year I stayed in Zadar and visited Split (easily combined with Krka). Zadar is smaller and more cosy. I mean, obviously it's still touristy, but it's far less massive than Split. I liked that. Great food too. And an easy drive to Pag. Boat trips to Kornati are available too. The architecture in Split is great though. It's definitely worth a visit.
>>
This time last year I did a trip around southeast Europe, including both Slovenia and Croatia.

Slovenia:
Ljubljana is a really nice city, if a little small. It felt a bit like a mix of Venice and Amsterdam to me, with a Balkan element thrown in. Nothing stands out in my memory as being particularly noteworthy in terms of places that you must see, but it's just a nice place to relax for a few days.

Lake Bled is as nice as the pictures you've no doubt already seen suggest, but was maybe a little bit too touristy for my liking. Still, there are lots of nice hikes around the place, and it's good to visit the chapel on the island and learn a bit about the history. Vintgar gorge is another nice place to hike, it has some beautifully clear water. I also heard very good things about Bohinj (like Bled but bigger and without the tourists and church) but unfortunately didn't get the chance to visit.

Croatia:
In terms of cities, Dubrovnik is probably the nicest one I visited, but it's also a complete tourist trap and ridiculously expensive (slightly more expensive than London for drinks, food, etc) - which is a shame, because it really is beautiful. I'd still say it's a must-visit, but you should be prepared for this. I felt like the place no longer had any authenticity, it literally only exists for tourists. Zadar and Split are also touristy but less so, and have the same sort of architecture. I didn't like Pula so much, but we visited early on in the tourist season and the place was like a ghost town. I've heard lots of good things about island-hopping to places like Hvar and Pag, but unfortunately didn't get the chance to do this myself.

A bit further inland are national parks like Plitvice Lakes and Krka Lakes. I only visited Plitvice, but it really was one of the most beautiful landscapes I've ever been in, and I'd definitely recommend it.

I'm happy to provide any more info on any of these places if you want, seeing as I've already done a similar trip.
>>
I dont get the appeal of Bled..
Its just some ordinary church on an island in an ordinary lake? Am i missing something?
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.