[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Barcelona
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 127803284-1680x1050.jpg (400 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
127803284-1680x1050.jpg
400 KB, 1680x1050
Hi /trv/. I just booked my first holiday tickets to Barcelona, Spain. The flight is on 21st April (arriving at night) until 24th (departing at night). Could anyone suggest me places to visit? Mostly sightseeing, dining, nightlife and hike a mountain with a great view to chill and enjoy. Also, what cheap motels/hostels could you suggest? Im ok with sleeping in a shitty place as long as it is in a good location and has a free Wifi.
Cheers mates.
>>
>>1086988

Good choice. Barcelona is one of my favorite cities in the world. To give you one suggestion, see Park Guell. It's beautiful, cultural, stunning views of the city- an amazing spot.
>>
>>1086988
>>1087009

I envy you, wish I could see Barcelona with those eyes. I hate it myself, after living in it for 10 years.
>>
>>1087010

I was asked by my traveling mate how great it would be to live there. I said it would be terrible- nothing worse than seeing something degrade from beautiful to mundane.
>>
>>1087010
Tell me something, I'm catalan myself and I moved away and I'm living in Germany now. I always get the same question; "Why did you leave Barcelona? Probably one of the nicest cities in the world" Yes, it's nice. But if you are from there you will also realize a lot of things not working efficiently, the mentality of the people, and so on. Long story short, nice city to visit but living there is something completely different...
>>
>>1087009

What a disappointment that park was. There are a few decent views, but nothing really to see or do within the park. And it's in a shit part of town.
>>
>>1087010
I've lived on Barcelona all my live and I still like it tho, I won't sayits the best city in the world, but I don't think it is as bad as you say
>>
>>1086988
I'd recommend staying around the Arc de Triomf, you have the Parc de la Ciutadella and it's really nice in the evenings there. You are close to El Born which is nice to walk about and has good tapas bars and some other attractions.

Park Güell wasn't really worth it for me, took ages to get to and was really crowded, La Rambla was better but still very touristy, La Boqueria was heaving but it's pretty cool.
>>
>>1086988
Prepare for the locals to be unfriendly and passive aggressive.

And for the hundreds of pushy drug dealers harassing you when you go out after dark
>>
>>1087009
That's the most vanilla suggestion possible
>>
>>1088383
agree, also, it's corwded as fuck
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.