[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
multipass
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 7
File: multipass.png (2 MB, 1500x726) Image search: [Google]
multipass.png
2 MB, 1500x726
post if you have more than two
>>
Straya-France here.
>>
File: Passaporto.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
Passaporto.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
>>
File: photo_2016-01-12_21-37-04.jpg (111 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
photo_2016-01-12_21-37-04.jpg
111 KB, 1280x720
Hola amigos
>>
>>1085012
кaк фpaнц пoлyчил?
>>
>>1085037
What's the point of carrying both Spanish and Italian passports? I can only assume privileges are basically identical.
>>
US-Japan-Czech
>>
>>1085090
Please tell your story.
>>
How do guys manage this? It has to be through family doesn't it?
>>
>>1085083
Spanish citizenship offers me some student welfare while italian citizenship offers an easier way to do a working holiday visa in Australia.
>>
>>1085094
Japanese and us as birthright through mother. Father is a little more interesting as he escaped before he fall of iron curtain, he was tried for treason in absent is since he was active military at the time and his citizenship stripped spent some time in limbo in a refugee camp in the Balkans until granted asylum in US. Only got Czech citizenship recently as it was reinstated for my father through a CZ program that pardoned and reinstated citizenship for some that fled
>>
>>1085098
Ah! Probably worth the passport fees, then.
>>
>>1085071
I think this takes the cake. Is there any country that does not accept any of these three?
Hard mode: no NorKorea
>>
What the fuck is the point of this thread OP? Like.. What in the fuck .
What does this accomplish?

Im absolutely at a loss as to why this exists

"Oh i know ill make a thread and have people who 3 or more passports post in it"

Are you actually suffering from real mental retardation? Its not even a troll thread
>>
How do? Easiest way to get another one?
I only have the US one.
>>
>>1085129

because it's interesting to hear people stories about how got multiple citizenships. you should make your own threads instead of getting high strung there madonna.
>>
So fucking Jelly to be honest.
>>
>>1085148
trace your family history. If you have an irish grandfather you will be able to claim an irish passport? Do you have any italian, french or polish ancestry? Then you may be able to claim citizenship through right of blood provisions?

Or else you could just invest large sums of money?
>>
>>1085155
How do I trace my Ancestry? I'm a moron on that
>>
>>1085012

Obviously you're a person of influence and special worth :^) perhaps we could exchange items of value for certain considerations and services?
>>
>>1085155
I don't think it's that easy. That Grandfather would have to most likely have to be a bonafide Irishman living in Ireland. Snagging a passport based solely on "muh heritage" shit is dubious.
>>
>>1085012
English, australian, US would be pretty good.
>>
>>1085037
Would you trade in the three of them for a top tier passport?
>>
>>1085184
no not really. I have an irish one through my grandfather. I contacted the relevant county birth registrar from where my grandfather was born, paid for it to be processed and then went to see the irish consulate about applying for an Irish passport.

I also have a french passport and that was a little bit harder, the french a notoriously shitty bureaucrats, like they literally try go out of their way not to do work. I had to order papers declaring i was registered as a french citizen from the overseas birth department from nantes which took over 2 months to be sent. then i had to do the french application forms for a passport but they (the french embassy staff) wouldn't accept it as it was older than 2 months since it was issued. I ended up getting fed up with the process and went to france to get it done with my lawyer uncle to assist me.

Also have a new zealand passport and an american one as well.
>>
>>1085097
>>1085148
http://nomadcapitalist.com/2015/07/27/the-fastest-countries-in-the-world-to-become-a-citizen/
http://nomadcapitalist.com/second-passport/

Literally one of the first results.
TL;DR; you either got incredible amount of money or incredible amount of time (shortest is 2 years perma residency).

>>1085184
>Ireland The most common example of this is Ireland. While barely four million people live in Ireland, there are more than 14 million Irish >passports in circulation. The rules to obtain an Irish passport are pretty straightforward: if you have a parent of grandparent who was >born in Ireland, you qualify. All you have to do is fill out the forms. If you’d rather have a lawyer help you, our contact can usually do so >for well under $1,000.

http://nomadcapitalist.com/second-passport/
>>
US - MEX -ETHIOPIA

Typical California immigrant story.
>>
>>1085074
naturalization. After 5 years of legal residence one can apply and get the french citizenship fairly easily
>>
>>1085071
>>1085114
yes, this is a good combo. But there are lots of countries which would require visa for any of these.

Such as: China, Russia, half of Africa, Saudi Arabia ...

Also, the US is one of a few countries that require you pay taxes even if you don't live there. And it doesn't add much to the combo.
>>
>>1085207
pic of the 4 or didn't happen
>>
File: IMG_5226.jpg (325 KB, 2048x1604) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5226.jpg
325 KB, 2048x1604
I am not even Russian, topkek.

Also can get an Irish one due to descent, and probably will, because I got arrested for something minor and got no charges but you still have to declare arrests when travelling to USA, Canada, Australia and New Zealand which disqualifies you for visa-waiver.

If I travelled on an Irish passport I could just bypass that drama.
>>
Some countries are just shit with this. My dad could get a Swedish passport as his father was born in Sweden (he never bothered to pursue it though). Unfortunately, it doesn't pass down more than one 'absentee' generation, or if there's not more Swedish blood in the following generation. I still have cousins I'm in touch with and have visited a few times.

On the other hand, they let leeching shitskins in by the train load. Yes, I mad.
>>
My mother was born in Canada and has Canadian citizenship. I live in a country that only allows dual citizenship at birth and prohibits acquiring another citizenship later on in life.

Would it be possible to claim the Canadian citizenship as my mother was Canadian at the time of my birth, and not lose my current citizenship?
>>
>>1085304
Citizenship cannot be taken away (only recently, have some countries tried to introduce it for terrorists -- it's still tough to actually do legally). Thus, if you're already a citizen of the country you're living in (and presumably born and raised in), they cannot take it away. You already acquired it at birth when you popped out of your mom's vagina. 'Acquiring' probably refers to naturalizing elsewhere (i.e., if you moved to Denmark and after 10-15 years acquired Danish citizenship -- which requires you to give up any outstanding citizenships).

Chances are they will not know if you take up other citizenship unless you tell them. What country is it? Tends to be either Slav or Muslim countries that are tough about this.
>>
Northern Ireland. I can apply for an Irish or British. I'm thinking about getting a British one but I don't think it's worth my while, unless I somehow went to Iran and I wanted to go to Israel afterwards, or something. You'd have to do a lot of really varied travel to gain with cheaper visas or not getting anal probed in Israel with two weeks in Iran on your passport
>>
Swiss - Irish - French here.
>>
File: 5th-Element-Multi-Pass.jpg (237 KB, 1125x1500) Image search: [Google]
5th-Element-Multi-Pass.jpg
237 KB, 1125x1500
this is the real multipass
>>
>>1085327
>Citizenship cannot be taken away
actually, some countries that prohibit multiple citizenships declare your citizenship void automatically if you acquire another one.
(Case in point: Georgia)

this does not apply to citizenship by birth, which is what >>1085304
is asking about.
But for that one typically the laws concerning claiming it (rather than acquiring) change when you turn 18. SO if >>1085304
is under 18 he can probably get it no problem. If over there may be some extra requirements, like living in the country for some time.
>>
File: Banco.jpg (498 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Banco.jpg
498 KB, 1024x768
>>
>>1085564
>putting a terrorist on your money
lel.
>>
>>1085563
This is the case with Japanese citizenship. I know some people who are half-Japanese and have two passports. They all have to keep their non-Japanese passport as secret, and take care to keep their Japanese passport updated. If they were found to have a second passport, there's a chance the Japanese government would take their away.

It seems like that for a few Asian countries actually. I know one person from Singapore who moved to Europe and got naturalized. One time she accidentally entered Singapore on one passport and tried to exit on the other. Busted. They took her Singaporean passport away.
>>
>>1085224
>>1085564
two-passport plebs, please go.
This thread is 3+
>>
>>1085563

Thanks to Harper Canadian citizenship can be taken away as well.
>>
>>1085129
Have a lie down and some warm milk.
>>
>>1085198
No
>>
File: IMG_1615.jpg (2 MB, 2592x1936) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1615.jpg
2 MB, 2592x1936
USA
USSR
GDR (East Germany)
>>
My grand-grandmother was Polish, I guess I can't go claim citizenship over there anymore? :^)

I have a pretty stronk passport (BE) right now, but more would definitely come in handy.
>>
>>1085969
why don't you get a new German passport at least? If not Russian or whatever country you can get for that soviet one. A German passport is much more useful than american
>>
>>1085586
it's also
>letting a terrorist rule your country for 60+ years
>>
>>1085969
Juden oder Spätaussiedler?

>>1086152
I'd say Castro's more your classic caudillo, only with Marxist flavourings updated for the 20th century (and yes, the regime is now a relic, on it's last legs).
>>
I only have one right now but I'm looking to expand...
US: By birth on US soil to a US Citizen, have passport.
Canada: Father was born in Vancouver. I'd merely need to apply for it. Probably a couple hundred dollars.
Italy: Great-great grandfather moved to the US from Bari at age 18 in 1911; he never naturalized before his death. A bit questionable on whether or not he qualifies (before 1975 the age of majority in Italy was 21 and he moved at age 18, but on his own, to the US; different sources say because of this I don't qualify, others say it's no issue).
>>
>>1086173
>caudillo
and when a terrorist takes power what does he become?
cf.: Lenin, Stalin.
>>
Any cubans here?
>>
>>1086179
>Great-great grandfather
Fucking disgraceful if that is allowed. I highly doubt it though.
>>
>Don't even have one passport
>Haven't left the Southeastern US in years

I hate all of you
>>
>>1086240
I think it is though. That's why half of south america has spanish and/or italian passports.

There are some anti-flood measures in place, apparently, but they are kinda weird. Like, I heard of people waiting 20 years to get their application processes.
>>
>>1085155
i've got proof (well, a trail of county records), of a grandad or two from ireland, but he's my great-great-great-great-great-great-great grandfater. Would that work? Pls tell me all the effort my dad spent assembling my genealogy wasn't for nothing.

Also my grandma was verifiably born in germany, does that count for anything?

Lastly... how much money are we talking?
>>
>>1086425
>Like, I heard of people waiting 20 years to get their application processes.
Yup, that's what happened with me
>>
>>1086467
>germany
yes but you can't get that one remotely. You need to live there several years before you can grab that passport

dunno about Ireland. I suppose it can be quite tough to prove all those links - prove it so that the officials would accept.
>>
>>1086467
>but he's my great-great-great-great-great-great-great grandfater.
gr8 b8 m8.

As for Germany, you have zero chance based on 'heritage'. Either you spring out of a German vagina or nutsack, or you naturalize (in which case you must give up your second passport unless you're from one of the few countries that expressly does not recognize second naturalizations... Iran, Argentina, etc.).
>>
>>1085012
Why is your Israeli passport red and not a dark blue?
>>
>>1085222

The taxes are only if you earn ~100k+ in USD
>>
>>1086547
total bullshit about germany. There are lots of people immigrating there from Russia because they had German ancestors in, like, 18th century. The only catch is that they don't get citizenship immediately - they need to live there for a few years first.
Of course it's not specifically for Russian Germans either.
>>
>>1086814
>it's not specific for Russian Germans either.
It literally is. The exceptions don't make the rule. Spätaussiedler are a special class of immigrants, who are always fast-tracked for citizenship. This was a Cold War-era agreement with the Soviet Union when it still existed. Most of the 'more German' Aussiedler (who have to prove their heritage to Volga German or Baltic German roots) have already moved by now though. The first waves in the 60s-70s literally got immediate German passports when they came here (since the Soviet Union stripped them of Soviet citizenship, as agreed).

The ones who are coming these days are typically 'less German' (maybe one German grandmother, don't speak any German, etc.), and they might have to wait longer.

Fuck off when you don't know anything.
>>
>>1086672
red is like VIP, Blue is for plebs/ commoners
>>
>>1086822
>It literally is
It literally isn't.
Check the current law (not the 60's agreement) and try to find the word "Russian" there.
>>
Im syrian, but my skin is very dark and I have multiple rape convictions. I just applied for Swedish/French/German passports. I hope my approval comes soon.

Thank you based Merkel
>>
>>1086869
It's clear what the law means. Of course they don't use the term "Russian" because the Soviet Union wasn't only Russian. YOU are the one who used the term Russian Germans, which is technically not right, I only quoted you, retard. They're considered ethnic 'heritage' Germans, Aussiedler or Spätaussiedler. By special agreement, they and they alone (from various countries behind the Iron Curtain) were granted immediate German citizenship. Most are actually from Kazakhstan and Kyrgyzstan these days.

Some American or Argentine with a German opa is NOT going to get German citizenship because of it . I can 100% guarantee you it doesn't work this way. Are you German or living in Germany? Sorry but you're wrong about this. Seriously misinformed or just obstinately stupid, take your pick.

>>1086930
Have you considered Poland, friend? There are many little mining villages that just love Arab immigrants, they'll even give you a special greeting upon arrival. :^)
>>
>>1086939
>were granted immediate German citizenship
you keep talking about something your heard someone saying about the 60s.

Like I said, they are not granted immediate citizenship. The laws a based on ancestry - German (and also Jewish is accepted) - and not on the country they live in now. I don't understand why you are so butthurt about it.
>>
>>1086966
>you keep talking about something your heard someone saying about the 60s.
I have friends (and a former girlfriend) whose parents have told me directly out of their mouths how it happened. Are you German? Clearly not. And yet you go on insisting your erroneous interpretation of a foreign law somehow works contrary to that law, in spirit or in practice.

>I don't understand why you are so butthurt about it.
Funny, I was wondering the same thing about you.

I am specifically NOT claiming 'they' are granted immediate citizenship. Or ever. I don't understand why you're having such a hard time comprehending this. It's clear you don't know what you're talking about, and you keep insinuating things I've never said. Does it hurt to be so dumb?

Spätaussiedler is a 'special cases' only thing. The repatriation of German Jews is also a similar, separate issue. This is NOT the German government's general guideline today. Like I said, some American (or wherever you're from) who had a German grandmother is NOT going to qualify for German citizenship today. Unless a Jew or under the conditions that allowed ethnic Germans from the former USSR (and other commie countries behind the Iron Curtain, such as Romania). Period. Zilch. No chance. I wouldn't care if it were doable, but it's simply not.
>>
>>1086930
inshallah brother. I am actually pashtun from afghanistan. i steal syria passport in istanbul. i get house and money to live in braunsweig. thank you merkel
>>
>>1087105
>braunsweig
>mfw studied there
>>
I like trinket passports. Do micronations like Sealand or that russian empire one sell "passports"? WOuld be neat.
>>
England and New Zealand. Born in England, parents are from NZ. Nothing particularly interesting.
>>
>>1087321
The only one I know of off the top of my head is the Conch Republic, but I'm not sure what it takes to get their "passport."
>>
pls guys I'm Danish and all I want in life is another passport. Which should I get?
>>
>>1087321
Maybe a world passport. I know you can buy passports from Akhzivland.
>>
I'm a Burger. My great-grandparents on my father's side came from Italy to the States and established a tile business. My grandparents on my mother's side came from Norway and idk. Do I have any shot at like a "muh heritage" claim to an Italian or Norwegian passport?

I'm assuming not, but based on some of the things said ITT... Just figured I'd make sure.
>>
>>1085012
Too lazy to take a picture but I have a US and German passport.
>>
>>1086992

you just confirmed what I said - you heard somewhat talking about what happened in the 60s and never bothered to check the current law.
When maybe you should check it before arguing with so much vehemence about it. You'd be surprised.
>>
What's the Benefit of having dual-citizenship??

I could get British citizenship if I was bothered, but I don't see the point.
>>
>>1087552
Christ, you're thick. This isn't in the 60s, this *is* today. I'm pretty up-to-date on German immigration laws, because I have to be, it's part of my job. Current laws and Spätaussiedler are two different things, which is what I've been saying since the beginning. It's *you*, with absolutely no evidence "but muh heritage!", who seems to think previous exceptional treatment is somehow indicative of a norm today. I'm telling you it is not. Pretty simple, m8.

Now post the law(s) yourself or STFU. You're not getting a German passport because your normie gramma was born there 80 years ago. Not happening, simple as that. I don't know why you can't accept this. Try anyway if you want, whatever. You'll be laughed at in the consulate.

>>1087906
Posting the pics of passports on /trv/ threads, of course.

The main benefit is that you're allowed to live and work in both countries (and in the case of EU passports, the entire EU). You might save on some visa costs, but it's pretty marginal. If you're a Mossad spy, it's easier to perform international assassinations.
Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.