[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have a question regarding US visas. I have a criminal record
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: usa.jpg (83 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
usa.jpg
83 KB, 640x400
I have a question regarding US visas. I have a criminal record for getting caught with weed, which violates my right to the visa waiver programme. According to visa rules I'd have to schedule an interview with the US embassy to apply for a visa, which in itself isn't much of a problem. The problem is that since I got my criminal record, I've been gambling and visited the US twice without getting rejected at the customs and immigration.

If i were to schedule an interview, could they reject me a visa on the basis that I've already cheated the rules twice? Would pleading ignorance help me in any way? Or should I just gamble for the third time?
>>
>>1077126
Gambling as in taking a general risk, not necessarily with money.
>>
>>1077126
Whilst I can't say conclusively what would happen, I would just enter the US again and hope for the best. Yes, America is the only country fucked up enough to scan other country's criminal files, but there's no way theyd do an international criminal record check for every single entrant.
>>
>>1077162
Sounds good, though I'm way more inclined to apply for a visa properly. I'm in some sort of a catch-22, what ever I do I run the risk of getting barred from entering the US ever again.
>>
>>1077126
they say that the US is the only country where you don't have to bring a shitload of identity documents to get a visa, because they already know who you are. Its probably worth a shot but don't be surprised if you get rejected, i've got to get one in a few months and i'm worried i'm gonna be rejected for going on /pol/
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.