[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it safe in London? (Terrorism)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 1
File: 2015-LONDON.jpg (343 KB, 1199x801) Image search: [Google]
2015-LONDON.jpg
343 KB, 1199x801
I want to travel to London in March with a friend. We will stay a week or two. Is it safe in and around London?
>>
>>1065484
>I want to travel to London in March with a friend. We will stay a week or two. Is it safe in and around London?
It's simply too big of a city to feel statistically worried. The usual advice is staying tuned to the news for any published threats (if they publish them), avoiding certain areas that would seem like a target (oh, I'd skip any major soccer games, anything public like a demonstration, or national holiday gatherings). That's just me, playing it extra safe.
>>
>>1065488
Yea that's true. Tho we are going to see some of the sights like the big ben, the tower bridge etc. But avoiding anything public seems like a good idea.
We dont know where to stay yet. Are there any areas around london that tend to be more dangerous and we should not stay?
>>
>>1065484
If you stay at home because you're a fag and the mooslims make your heart pound faster, the terrorists have won.

Are you helping the terrorists win, OP?
>>
>>1065513

>tips fedora
>>
>>1065497
Enjoy it all! I'm sorry but Im not utterly aware of the "danger" neighborhoods for hotel reservations because I haven't been in 5+ yrs, but I bet you could spot them quite easily once there. If in doubt? Just be in the high rent districts.
I think maybe you might enjoy staying in more than one neighborhood, since you'll do a week or two, you should even head out of the city for a $50 aytrip tour, or even for a night or two in a BnB, Bath/stonehenge/windsor or somewhere like that. It can be a respite from the city thing, too.

When I'm planning a trip, what time I land and day of the week might figure into it. I usually splurge deeply or rough it on Day 1, depending on jet lag, like maybe a hotel with a nice pool to swim off some pain from the flight. Budget is the #1 concern people have in what is the most expensive city in the world.
>>
>>1065525
Thank you very much for your help!
>>
>>1065484
Very short answer: yes
>>
>>1065497
And answer to this is: especially as a tourist: no. There are certain (at most, three, but maybe actually only one) towns (not in Greater London but within say 50 miles of the city) I'd not want to live in because of their reputation as being relative hotbeds of radical Islam - but, that's not because of the risk of terrorism (in fact: in that regard, such towns should be ultra-safe on the "not shitting in our nest" principle), but because of the broader unpleasant social atmosphere.

But as a tourist I can 100% guarantee you are not going to be in those towns, and can 90% guarantee you won't even pass through them, so this is pretty much irrelevant.
>>
>>1065497
Honestly you can see those sights better on google street view unless you enjoy the disneyland experience. You go there any day and it's all fanny pack tourists doing meme tier pics, selfie sticks flying around, asian europe in 5 days groups and literally 80% of the beggar population of London.

If you have a larger budget stay in the Moorgate/Liverpool Street area (comfy, bankers central) or check out the Pax Lodge (girl scouts hostel but they're open for anyone and probably the cheapest still quality place to stay in london) if you're on a tight budget.
https://www.wagggs.org/en/our-world/world-centres/pax-lodge/
>>
>>1065555
Well, as someone who doesnt have the biggest budget, I might have to stay in those towns within 50 miles. Which towns do you mean?
>>
>>1065570
Luton, above all. Just don't go there. Not because of anything to do with Islam, but because it's a complete and utter dump.

(2nd worse maybe Crawley - but nowhere near in the same league as Luton.. And in fact that really is the only two I'd even think about worrying about)
>>
>>1065570
One thing to add to that: We want to find a place to live on homestay (its a website where people can find guest families etc.)
>>
>>1065484
No, London is unsafe as fuck in general and terrorism wise they are going to be wiped the fuck out when ISIS finally decides to start going after the.
Enoch's blood in the streets speech will be very true but the only blood that will be running shall be that of whites because all the shitskins will side with the kills who are of their own race over foreigners any day to save their own ass.
Don't go to London, visit Wales or Brighton.
>tfw Isle of Man got hit by muzzies hard and now the only place tied for Middle Earth for most beautiful place on the planet is blighted by crescent moon buildings and stinks of kebab
On the flip side if ISIS truly has been broken of their ability to hit anyone worldwide you'll be fine since England never gets anything past stupid children rioting in the streets and throwing molotovs. Just don't walk around at night or take the tubes after dark unless you want your chance of being stabbed going up by 75%
>>
>>1065516
Fedora wearing scrub
>>
>>1065484

stay out of sharia zones and you should be safe. And YES there are sharia zones but if you stick to tourist attractions you won't have to be near them.
>>
>>1065672
and where are these "sharia" zones exactly?
>>
>>1065572
Not the guy you're addressing but I'm going to England and landing in Luton airport. I'll just be passing through however, making a beeline to the trains. Will I have trouble?
>>
>>1065484
Look, it's not like you're going to Syria.
If you're in the wrong place at the wrong time then bad luck.

Just enjoy your life without worrying about stupid shit, that statistically, has extremely little chance of happening to you.
>>
>>1065672
As an American I find that hilarious and sad. Good luck.
>>
>>1065933
No, of course not. You'll doubtlessly get on train at the Airport Parkway station, not the City one, and even if you went to the City one all you would think is "geez, what a shitty looking place this is, really run-down, who would know it used to be celebrated for its manufacture of hats and other headgear" - you're in no risk at all.
>>
>>1065672
Someone's been watching too much FoxNews.

>>1065744
Everywhere. Just ask /pol/. Or if you watch FoxNews, they will tell you the entire city of Birmingham is off limits.
>>
>>1066159
Good to know. I will go via the parkway but I will have to go through the underground between 2 stations in London. I'll just have some sort of strap to my arm and my luggage perhaps, for security.
>>
I work in central London and feel safer than in nearly any other European city. The fact that the UK is an island helps ENORMOUSLY in this regard. If you want to smuggle an AK from Syria to Paris its probably quite easy, you can do the who,e journey over land. But the security controls covering UK birders means its very hard for anything like that to get here.

>>1066179
I live near Luton. In general the county, Hertfordshire, that its in is very nice, particularly towards the south. The airport is my favourite I've ever been to, its suit, but everything works really quickly. Make sure you check what train you are getting from Luton airport parkway, some are much quicker then others.
>>
>>1066209
I will make sure yes. I hope I catch a decent one on time. Trains are expensive (the trip to and back from Luton to the Berkwhire place I'm staying at costs more than the flight with luggage..)
>>
>>1065484
No, don't go
>>
>>1066209 Try that again

>>1066244

...Luton's in Bedfordshire, not Hertfordshire...

>>1066209

Really you have nothing to worry about in London. It's a big city, but it's NOT a dangerous place. I lived there for years and years and only ever felt threatened on one occasion, late at night, on a train through some shitty suburbs. You'll have no problems at all. Stay alert, yes, but no need to worry
>>
>>1066209
luton is in beds you idiot
>>
>>1065484
no its not safe, you will get exploded. fuck off and stay out of our country.
>>
surely people are not this dumb, stupid autistic. London is as safe as any other big city in the western world. As are the towns of england.
>>
Please don't come to London. I will blow up your hotel if you do. Allahu Akbar.
>>
>>1066482
>surely people are not this dumb, stupid autistic
this is an american website, remember?
>>
>>1066177
The Whitechapel area of London is an islamic dump, and certainly threatening if youre a female.
The only place ive ever seen anyone mugged too. I think this is where people think of when they think sharia zone.
As for too much fox news, you know they want to disinterr the graves of londoners, some of who still have living relatives so they can have a purely islamic cemetary? look it up

Not worth it.

Im a Londoner and I live in a proper dump in South East London, ive always found every where to be mostly ok

Croydon is shit, dont get tricked like its close to London and an ok place to get a hotel

Woolwich is a dive. But theres no reason youd go there to be honest.

Night buses can be a bit daunting, but all the time ive lived here ive never had any grief.
Anywhere up town is fine. Its got a much safer vibe than Paris for example. I felt safer in The Bronx than on the paris metro at night. Funnily enough it was similar fellows to those in Whitechapel causing that vibe.
>>
>>1065663
The Isle of Man has fallen too? Fuck me, Its everywhere
>>
lol yes you'll be fine

You won't be going near the bad places until you do so purposely
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.