[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Paris
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (291 KB, 964x636) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
291 KB, 964x636
What do in Paris? Saw most of the main sights already.
Interested a lot in history, French Revolution, theatre and especially everything free/cheap.
Where can I eat without going bankrupt?
Thanks /trv/
>>
>Interested a lot in history, French Revolution, theatre and especially everything free/cheap.
When it comes to theatre very few things are cheap in Paris, let alone free.
if you have been in the big museums already, start to dig deeper. I'd recommend the Cluny museum for medieval art, great collection, beautiful building, free for students.
>Where can I eat without going bankrupt?
15th arrondissement, arround the Pernety metro station.
>>
>>1063896
This guy is lost.

1st of all, Cluny is pretty boring.
I would say go to Musee Carnavalet and Musee de la chasse et de la nature, both in Marais.
Musee de l'Homme has also just recently reopened if you didn't see it yet.

Why would you go to 15th, it's fucking insanely boring. There are a lot of places around Belleville or Strasbourg St. Denis for example where you can eat for a decent price, and it's way more interesting area than the 15th. Also Le Comptoir General next to the canal is nice place that serves african food, and turns into a club weekend nights (I usually go there on Sundays when it's chill).

Enjoy.
>>
>>1063886
Rue Mouffetard, Latin Quarter.
It's not all cheap, it has some expensive places but also lots of mid-range places if you want a 'genuine' french meal using the day's set menu. And lots of cheap baguette places for students.
>>
>>1063942
>>1064135
Done both, cheers lads. Anything else? Still here till the 2nd. Appreciate the help
>>
Walk around at night until you find a cab that takes you back to the 1920s
>>
>>1064327
My favourite restaurant in the world is La Truffiere, just off Rue Mouffetard, get the meme-tier French Dining experience with a waiter who will carry a tiny glass for tasting your wine before daring to suggest that it's good enough for you to drink.

It's a bit pricey but less than some of the super famous restaurants and in my opinion, it's actually much better than many of them. I went there before it had the Michelin star and I thought it was superior to 2* places even back then.

It's also gorgeous, sit downstairs in the converted wine-cellar with the roof arching over your head lit by little lights like stars.

If you want cheap food, I like a crepe with tomato, cheese, egg and ham. Basically make something like a McDonalds breakfast wrap but out of a freshly made crepe and better ingredients. There are lots of crepe stalls on the street that will do that for you. I love them any time of the day but especially for breakfast or late at night while staggering home from the club.

Speaking of which, Les Caves de St Sabine is a cool club, set in a converted wine cellar, when I was there they had amazing punch but that was years ago. Not really a meat market but I have picked up there a few times.

Of course, you should definitely get a Croque Madame for breakfast, the best kind of grilled cheese sandwich in the world.
>>
Don't mean to piggyback off your thread OP, but I'm going to Paris later this month and had a question of my own

Looking to do some clothes shopping but not break the bank (I don't want YSL, just some cool unique Parisian coat or something. I'm not opposed to thrift shopping if that scene's worth checking out in Paris)
>>
File: all black fit on the right.jpg (61 KB, 500x750) Image search: [Google]
all black fit on the right.jpg
61 KB, 500x750
>>1065105
Maybe something like this?

How much should I expect to spend?
>>
>>1065105
I like this brand. good quality and not so pricey http://www.jules.com/fr/index
>>
>>1063886
Check out park monceau and the history behind it. And not just a wikipedia blurb.. The full dan brown
>>
>>1065108
Kill yourself, fucking fedorafag. Goddamn i cringed so hard
>>
>>1065108
>>1065105

Les puces and 4th for old stuff. Otherwise be like every other Parisian and go to Zara and buy something black
>>
>>1063886
Kebab.
>>
>>1065931
Don't trust him it's a troll.

You can see stores here:
http://www.bonnegueule.fr/les-meilleures-boutiques-de-mode-homme-a-paris/
>>
Paris, so overrated. Not even trolling.
>>
Paris is the most overrated city in Europe. Been there twice, and I am not a fan. That said, eat kebabs! Visit the sights such as arc des triumph, Eiffel Tower, and Louvre. Make sure to walk the streets Sunday night as it is considered music day.
>>
>>1066164
>Paris is the most overrated city in Europe
You're right. Lyon is better.
>>
File: native French.jpg (10 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
native French.jpg
10 KB, 480x360
>>1066149

Yes, enjoy the local Parisian cuisine that you traveled half-way across the world for. Only the best Halal meat!
>>
>>1066191
When in Rome, do as the Romans do. Moreover it's not expensive.
>>
>>1066191
What's more Paris has not local cuisine. It's not a French food city.
>>
>>1066197
You that guy that eats in McDonalds when he travels to Europe, aren't you?
>>
>>1066200
Are you comparing Mcdo and Kebab? Fucking ignorant.
>>
>>1066229
So I can't eat Indian food in London? That's what you are saying?
>>
the paris catacoombs are creepy and awsome
>>
Go to Strasbourg, it's the best. (Not from France)
>>
I live here and it's cool. Go to rue oktoberkampf for cheap and varied bars. I go to the Petit palais a lot. It's free and awesome. Go to swartzes deli if you're tired of French food. Visit the area north of jardin du Luxembourg. Go to the top of printemps for a free view of the city.
>>
I fucking wish these gypsy pickpockets would try to get me just so I could catch them in the act. My plan is to act like nothing and then sucker punch the cunt right on the nose. The others would probably not be able to react before I'd already have started on them as well and then run away
>>
>>1063886
You can see the inside of a french prison for free if you go into a crowded square and shout "Allahu Akbar"
>>
>>1065105
Second-hand shop, thrift stores (they're all over Montmartre really) and discount shop. Most fashionable place is le Marais, but around rue des Minimes/rue de Turenne you'll find discount costume shops and cheap tailors. Please, don't give into bad meanswear.
>>
>>1067453
Theres like 40 of them more around you and you wouldnt even know it.
>>
File: 1451283316917BLUR.jpg (523 KB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
1451283316917BLUR.jpg
523 KB, 2560x1440
Hey, let me join this thread as well with my own question. I'm visiting Paris for 3 days, is it worth to spend one whole day to go to Versailles or should I stick to main attractions within the city? It's my first visit, also happening in like a week so I guess Versailles' gardens aren't gonna be all that great since it's winter time.
Thanks.
>>
File: get got.png (108 KB, 490x274) Image search: [Google]
get got.png
108 KB, 490x274
>>1068617
Versaille deserves a whole day. You need to check out the gardens as well as the palace. Not to mention its not easy to start with versaille, do it justice, and then actually do Paris all in a day.

If you're feeling up to it, Versaille from early in the morning (till afternoon), and if your amerifat ass can endure it, hit up some bars/clubs (I personally recommend le NĂ¼ba, look it up) after heading back and having dinner beforehand.
>>
>>1063896
>>1063942
Pernety is in the 14th, which is what lead to your confusion. Pernety Pizza is awesome and cheap. I remember my US exchange student friends lived for very little around there.
>>
>>1067455
>You can see the inside of a french prison for free if you go into a crowded square and shout "Allahu Akbar"
More likely to get instantly shot by gendarmes on full-auto.
>>
>>1068632
but should I even go there if I have so little time and it's my 1st time in Paris, ergo I have much to see elsewhere? Out of just 3 days spending whole one on Versaille seems like huge commitment, I'm not sure if it's worth it, especially since it's winter and the gardens might be disappointing

thank you for your answer
>>
>>1068797
Not that other anon, but I wouldn't bother. You'll already have a hard time choosing what to do in only 3 days. And as you pointed out yourself, the gardens aren't really worth it in winter.
>>
>>1065105
go before 16th of February because then the sales will end
cheap stuff for everyone!
for the shopping mall experience les Halles is easiest to access with public transport, Italie 2 is the biggest mall of Paris.

For secondhand stuff I went to espace kiliwatch near les Halles, it was quite a nice shop not so cheap though.

Otherwise, goto galeries La Fayette if you have the money I guess...
>>
>>1066156
partially agree, it really has its charms and since it's a metropole many different people converge there which makes it easy to make friends and everything but people are also quite stressed and are careless in the negative sense of the word.
>>
>>1063886
Have you been to the catacombs?
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.