[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
G/F surprised me this morning with a trip to Hungary for a week
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
G/F surprised me this morning with a trip to Hungary for a week (Budapest)

Be eager to hear of /trv/ experiences with the place.
We are heading at the end of February.

Sights to see, sounds to hear, food to taste ?
>>
>>1062911
Enjoy being murdered, rapped and killed by gypsies
>>
File: r1.jpg (462 KB, 793x527) Image search: [Google]
r1.jpg
462 KB, 793x527
>>1062913
Fuck you!

Hunanon here, not overly familiar with budapest tho. Tell me about your interests a bit more, and I could help.

Things I think you would appreciate:
-Hungarian cousine is damn fine, but its hard to catch in a big city, fisherman's soup, anything from pork, and Tokaji wine, or something heavier: pálinka.
-Hungary is well-known about its thermal water, if you are in Budapest, try out Széchenyi fürdő or Gellért fürdő.
-If you would like to meet new people and have a beer, look for "ruin pubs". pic related
>>
>>1062913
You're thinking of Bucharest
>>
>>1062917
Is that the szimpla kert? I was there 4 years ago
>>1062911
Also op I never was in a thermal there but theres a big museum in the top a hill is pretty nice if you are into that stuff, also I'll recomend you to go to lake ballaton if you have time while you are there, is like 3 or 4 hours away from budapest
>>
>>1062911

check out this thread, anon:
>>1061651
>>
Budapest has been one of my favorite city trips so far.
There are many gorgeous buildings to see (Parliament, Opera, don't just admire the facade get a tour inside). Also the thermae are amazing — I went to Szecheny baths, it has a specific magical atmosphere in the winter at night so go for like 2 hours before closing time (don't worry there's a metro station right next to it)
Go to Castle Hill, there's lots of different sights gathered there like the castle, national gallery, a beautiful church, fisherman's bastion etc.

Things I didn't like about Budapest: the House of Terror museum I was kind of disappointed in because I had read how great it was supposedly but I didn't think it was anything special. Also all the jew tourism stuff but that's mostly because I'm rather /pol/.

obviously check wiki for a more comprehensive list of stuff to see
>>
>>1062911
Other than checking out the thread... Market halls! Best for local food around lunchtime. Personal fave is Hold utcai close to the Parlament and the Basilica, but there are market halls all over the place, each with its own charm. Lunchtime is the keyword, they all close early compared to malls and shops.
In the Castle I would go for mulled wine while wandering. If you leave the Castle in any direction, walk for 5 mins and suddenly everything is half price or less. Literally any direction, some eateries on Attila út, more around Fő utca, even more in the Széll Kálmán tér area.

Tell us your interests, though. I mean there's a pretty extensive train museum in one corner, the northernmost Islamic pilgrimage site in another, wine cellars in the third...
>>
Went to Budapest back in 2008 and holy fugg it was amazing

Make sure you visit the market hall and just walk around. It's one of the most beautiful cities in Europe and their parliament building looks awesome.
>>
>>1063022
You should definitely make plans for a return trip, it's just really fucking crazy how much did the city change during the past ten years.
>>
Just out of curiosity, we are heading at the end of February.

I assume the weather is going to be around 2C
>>
>>1062911

I am from there, if you have any specific questions.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.