[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So where should I go? I've got an intense desire to go somewhere
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: ATTRACTIONS0615-machu-picchu.jpg (633 KB, 1600x1000) Image search: [Google]
ATTRACTIONS0615-machu-picchu.jpg
633 KB, 1600x1000
So where should I go? I've got an intense desire to go somewhere within the next month, I'm looking for somewhere that's cheap in terms of hotels and food, I don't mind if the flight is slightly expensive just if the place is quite cultural and cheap. Looking for the overall trip to be under 1000 GBP.

I was thinking thailand, really interested in going there but I want other suggestions.

Anything really exotic or obscure out there that one needs to see? Apologies, I know how annoying it can be to tell someone where to go
>>
>>1061498

I'm in the same boat, OP.

It's ironic, because the two places I'm considering most are Peru and Thailand/Cambodia.

Would have to do Angkor Wat in Cambodia and Machu Picchu and ayahuasca in Peru.
>>
Have you considered Morocco? It's fairly close to the UK, cheap enough to fly to, cheap as shit once you're there, and radically different from the UK. You could easily spend a month there with roundtrip airfare for under 1000 GBP, and that's if you made no serious effort to be thrifty
>>
>>1061533
Hm, I'd like to but I actually have an Uncle who recently went there and said it was shit for some reason, I'll find out from him what he has to say.

What do you suggest to do there?
>>
>>1061592

It's not my favorite place I've been, but it was fun and cheap and very exotic.

These days I would never consider going to most Muslim countries, but Morocco is decent. Everyone is Muslim but you can buy alcohol or even be drunk in public without getting arrested or anything. I'm not saying to get blackout drunk and wander the streets, but it's secular-ish as far as Muslim countries go. Your hostel might have a bar and it's possible to meet cool foreign travelers in your hostels.

As far as attractions themselves, you can tour the desert, go windsurfing, go to the open-air markets, go to the beach, and overall do anything else you'd do while traveling, just cheaper.

If you're not sold on Morocco, you could look into Romania/Bulgaria/Albania area. I've never been so I can't really say what to do, but I'm currently to go there this summer. Airfare to Istanbul is cheap and then you're surrounded by very cheap Eastern European countries.
>>
>>1061723
How do you cope in Morocco without knowing a lick of French or Arabic?

Can a guy go there on his own knowing only Enlglish (and OK Spanish) and get by OK?
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.