[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
NYE in NYC
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: 1448734187180.jpg (50 KB, 580x710) Image search: [Google]
1448734187180.jpg
50 KB, 580x710
>Consider going to Times Square for NYE
>Read up on what to do and expect
>"You have to get there by noon, and there are absolutely no restrooms"
>How the fuck does that work?
>Read that a lot of attendees wear adult diapers
lol, WAT?
>>
>>1061301
MC Public Urination, whad up
>>
>>1061303
From what I hear, there's not even enough space to piss either.

It sounds downright inhumane, like on the level of some kinda civil rights violation. And the city ENCOURAGES this?
>>
>>1061301
If you want to be in times Square for that shit, you'll need to do some major planning. I'd personally suggest looking for a restraunt that has a view of the ball, and getting tickets for their NYE party.
>>
>>1061320
I'm pretty sure they're all sold out by now.
>>
Why the hell would ever consider times sq on NYE.. You couldnt pay me to stand in the cold all day body to body with other sardines..
>>
File: image.jpg (156 KB, 500x524) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
156 KB, 500x524
>>1061379
That's not really the problem. When you live in the city, being packed like a can of fish is a fact of daily life. The problem is a combination of the sheer volume of people and braindead post-911 NYPD policy conspire to create conditions that would never be tolerated anywhere else.

I really think the city needs to charge for the event, and charge a lot. Enough to bring the crowd down to a much more manageable size. Take that idiot tourist money and use it to cover the costs of cleanup, then plow any leftovers into antipoverty programs. Right now the city is effectively subsidizing a media advertising event with the people's money, and that's just not right.

Pic somewhat related.
>>
>>1061379
Sardines packed in piss

Now there's a lovely mental image for you.
>>
America is a terrible country, celebrate somewhere else
>>
File: 1425928763592.jpg (321 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1425928763592.jpg
321 KB, 1280x720
>>1061442
I think I will forever use that phrase to describe the event.

"So what's New Years in Times Square like?"

"A can of sardines packed in piss."

"..."

>>1061473
Nah, no country knows how to celebrate excessively and inappropriately like America. That's what makes it fun!
>>
>>1061301
>>1061301
You will be penned it like pigs. No bags,you'll be searched by cops. Go watch the ball fall in your hotel room.
>>
>>1061441
That's a good idea, but it's probably illegal or something to shut down the entirety of Times Square and make it private or whatever.

Why would anyone want to be outdoors during New Years? Isn't it much better to be at a party or something where it's nice and toasty and you actually know the people you're with?
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.