[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Travel Fatigue
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 2
Thread images: 1
I'm 24, just graduated college and returned home. Back in August I got job offer overseas, not a dream job, but just a way to travel. I'm scheduled to start in January and planned on travelling abroad for the next two years or so.

Now I'm getting cold feet. I went to a movie with my mother the other night and started talking to this guy while in line. He was about my age and by himself, so I ended up sitting with him at the theater. We got along pretty well and had similar interests.

Afterwards my mother called me out for not properly introducing myself or getting his contacts to hang out later. I blew her off, saying I'm leaving the country in a month. But really I think she was right and I've been depressed about it the past few days. I feel like I walked away from the beginning of a beautiful friendship.

So now I wonder if I even want to travel overseas. I had a lonely childhood and used to dream of travelling the world to find a real home. I've already travelled a lot, seen world wonders, learned different languages and tasted exotic foods. I've already stood on the Great Wall of China. Do I really have to see the pyramids if it means avoiding friendships and dating? I haven't dated since high school because I was afraid of saying goodbye. I'm starting to think that whatever pain in my childhood isn't intrinsic to my home town.

If home is where the heart is, am I turning mine to stone? How do I get over this depression? How do I decide if I want to keep travelling or stop to focus on life?
>>
Stop being wet
Thread replies: 2
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.