[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When you take a photo when traveling, how do you pose? Do you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: IMG_2531.jpg (8 MB, 5472x3648) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2531.jpg
8 MB, 5472x3648
When you take a photo when traveling, how do you pose? Do you do the same pose? Do you change it up?

also, travel photo thread
>>
Peace sign and slightly closed eyes.
>>
>>1060394
And the photo is taken with your ipad?
>>
>>1060392

Are you talking about taking a selfie? I don't. I hate selfies. I take pictures of what I am there to see, and I'm not there to see myself.
>>
I do not need to pose because I am behind the camera
>>
File: P1010756.jpg (6 MB, 4608x2592) Image search: [Google]
P1010756.jpg
6 MB, 4608x2592
>>
>>1060394
You better be a teenage jap girl, otherwise that is fucking pathetic
>>
>>1060456
Ugly fuck detected
>>
>>1060456
What do you think you will care about more down the line? Pictures of you with people you met or your solo facial expressions?

Or those pictures of the eiffel tower you can find on google search?
>>
File: IMG_2099.jpg (5 MB, 5472x3648) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2099.jpg
5 MB, 5472x3648
>>1060456
No, i am talking about getting someone to take a picture of me standing in front of something amazing like a monument or landmark.
>>
>>1060456
When I look back at my pictures, if I'm not in the picture or people I know/met/saw on my trip aren't in the picture it has to be EXTREMELY interesting or it elicits the same feeling as looking up a random picture of that place on the internet. People make normal things interesting, personal, and unique
>>
>>1060501
>What do you think you will care about more down the line? Pictures of you with people you met or your solo facial expressions?

The memories that the pictures I take will remind me of down the line. Every jackoff that takes a selfie does a shit job because their own damned head takes up half of the picture.

>Or those pictures of the eiffel tower you can find on google search?

The pictures of the Eiffel tower I took because it'll remind me of standing there with the crowds, the smells and sounds of the city, the walk to get to that point.

>>1060507
And watching them run off with your camera. I'd rather find that view of the monument that I want to remember and taking that picture of it.

>>1060524
So take a picture of the person. I don't mind a picture or two that I show up in from a trip. I see too damn many people that half or more of their pictures are of them with the camera at arm's length, their yellowing teeth contrasted with their shitty sunglasses, their giant head obscuring a monument or view.
>>
>>1060528
The picture with that person is better because I'm in the picture, but if I can't be in the picture, then just the other person is second best.
>>
>>1060528
3edgy5me
>>
>>1060507
Why do you have to be in the picture at all? How does that improve the picture or the memory? Will you really forget that you went somewhere if you don't see yourself in the picture?

This mindset is baffling to me. Explain, in as much detail as you can, how you being in frame adds anything at all to a photo of a monument or landmark.
>>
>>1060531

Two shit stains have appeared, so don't even try to have a serious discussion.
>>
File: FH000018 (2).jpg (648 KB, 1840x1232) Image search: [Google]
FH000018 (2).jpg
648 KB, 1840x1232
I don't really take pictures of myself since I know how I look. I find the places I am in more interesting. I also shoot with a manual focus camera mostly so hitting the focus on a selfie is hard as shit

This is the only picture of myself I took on my last trip
>>
>>1060531
I'm not the other guy, but I think it adds a certain feel of nostalgia for when you look at the photos say a year later and actually see you in the middle of your memories. It's more physical, or personal, than photos you'd find on Google anyway. I don't take so much pictures of myself when I travel though, so I'm not defeinding the whole "selfie-mindset", but I know that looking back at pictures you took with friends at special locations can be quite moving. Sometimes it's not so much about seeing yourself next to a monument, than seeing people you care for next to you, next to a monument.
>>
>>1060531
why even travel when you can google image the things you wanna see. cause technically you can then say "ive seen the great wall of china"
>>
>>1060531
Why take a picture of anything. You can just look the pictures up on google and if you became friends with the person in your travels you can just look at random pictures on their profile right

Its the same feeling as being with your friend in that picture at the place you thought was important enough to take a picture. Right?
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.