[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Amsterdam Travel Tips
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
Hey /trv/

I'm going to Amsterdam this weekend with my girlfriend and some friends. Some of them may have a smoke but overall where is good to hang out and what should we do?

I think I've found a decent /bleeps/ DNB night for day 1 but has anyone got any recommendations for where we should spend our weekend?

Also on my agenda will be:
A canal cruise
Cheese shopping
And more

Tldr: Amsterdam recommendations?
>>
I don't know why Amsterdam is popular for first-time tourists.

It's pretty boring.
>>
Dutchie here.

Go outside of Amsterdam if you have the chance. Other cities around like Utrecht.

Amsterdam is not that interesting outside the museums in my opinion.
>>
>>1060339
Take the free ferries to north amsterdam
>>
Go see the BODY WORKS exibition. Other than that it's pretty boring.
Go see a peep show.
I went on one of those canal cruises, they don't clean their fucking windows on the boats, couldnt see shit.
>>
>>1060339
This thread is full of uncultured plebs.

- Go to the Rijksmuseum and admire great works by Rembrandt and Vermeer among others.
- Go to the Van Gogh museum
- Visit the Anne Frank House (but make sure it's either early or late in the day to avoid queue's)
- Chill out in Vondelpark
- Go shopping and eat at "De 9 Straatjes". A number of streets known for small quirky stores and nice food.
- Rent a bike and bike around. If you feel up for it bike to Zaanse Schans (20 km) and see some classic Dutch windmills and landscapes.
- Look out for cool spots on your canal cruise. Do it early in your trip to get ideas.
>>
>>1062032
Also, see if there are any good gigs at Melkweg or Paradiso. They're right in the center (near Leidseplein) and have loads of fun stuff.
>>
>>1062034
would it be weird if i go here by myself?
>>
>>1062032
This.

Amsterdam isn't my favourite capital/big city in Europe, and it's true there are other smaller cities worth seeing in the Netherlands, but to claim it's boring is pretty stupid. Yea, weed tourists are annoying and weed is overpriced in Amsterdam, but generally it's good shit. Just don't be an annoying stoned cunt in public.

>>1062081
No. "Weird" is your perception, dude.
>>
>>1062082
Exactly. I'm Dutch and I really passionately hate the touristy side of Amsterdam. I hate the countless souvenir shops that sell rasta things with weed and shitty tshirts. I hate the drug tourism and the sex tourism.

But there's still so much to love in Amsterdam too. Aside from the stuff I said earlier, go to the market at Waterlooplein or the flower market. The Escher museum is well-worth a visit too. As is the Concertgebouw (Concerthall). And the architecture is brilliant, especially when you look above the store windows and pay attention to the awnings and old guild signs. Amsterdam Noord (Amsterdam North) is a cool quirky artsy neighbourhood too. Or just having some drinks around Leidseplein or at the wonderful whisky bar L&B. The history of the city is amazing and when you get away from the sex and the drugs so is the vibe of the city imo.
>>
>>1062081
No. That's just in your head.
>>
STAY AWAY FROM THE BLUE LIGHTS

unless thats your sort of thing
>>
>>1062106
how come there's not so many asian chicks and all the traps are asian?
>>
>>1062101
Yep, lived in A'dam for some years, and there are only very few exceptions to go inside the 1st canal (with Nieuwmarkt as the limit in the east).

- W139
- Buurvrouw + theaters in Nes
- Si Chuan chinese restaurant
- Burger Bar burger joint
- That thai bar where you can still smoke inside and has ladyboys as barmen (which I will not give out for tourists to spoil).

Just rent a bike and check the clubs / exhibitions, there is shit loads always happening music / art wise.
>>
>>1062299
Where the fuck is that Thai bar? Zeedijk?
>>
>>1062334
Nope, but not far. Go search.
>>
Go to Hillstreet Blues, its a great bar where you can drink beer and smoke weed. 420 café is a pretty nice coffeshop. Kashmir Lounge in Amsterdam old west. 420 and Hillstreet are very close to Central Station which is quite nice. And of course go check out some Dutch culture. Volendam is 20 minutes with the bus from Amsterdam Central, most tourists usually like it there. Edam is worth a watch as well which is beside Volendam.
>>
Anon moving to Tilburg for six months here, any cool places to check out?
>>
Would my attempt at German be more well recieved than English? I guess I could learn Dutch but I'm going in a few weeks.

Also, what kind of places sell truffles? If I'm asking I'd rather ask politely and not come across like a "LOL DUTCH DRUGS XDDD" tourist
>>
File: 1450261523530.jpg (21 KB, 332x400) Image search: [Google]
1450261523530.jpg
21 KB, 332x400
Go to central station.
Take Subway 53 to gaasperplas.
Go out on Kraaiennest.
Yell very hard Niggers.
??????
Proffit.
>>
>>1062106
Warmoestraat best place go to a random bar with the curtains closed.
>>
>>1062759
why would you suggest this? whats important about this location?

I like to think its because you live right next to the station and hope to hear this one day.
>>
File: T0BoiZB.jpg (32 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
T0BoiZB.jpg
32 KB, 480x270
I'm also planning on going to dam with my friend this summer and cause I'm a total travel noob I'd be down for some pro tips
>>
let's say I'm there for 3 - 5 days how much money estimated I should have
>>
>>1062750
stick to english, its pretty much an unofficial second language in amsterdam
>>
>>1063415
depends on how much you want to spend.

>bring more than that
>>
>>1063440
Cheers, thanks!
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.