[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone here have a job that demands or allows for international
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: 1449179672509.jpg (337 KB, 800x640) Image search: [Google]
1449179672509.jpg
337 KB, 800x640
Anyone here have a job that demands or allows for international travel?

I'm studying international business because Im fascinated by culture but I have no idea what my end goal is other than I want to travel.
>>
>>1058700
Try Logistics, Supply chain, or something related to Maritime operations. Global trade and ports is a good industry.
>>
Consultant in a big company. Hard to get in, but you get to travel almost every week.
>>
>>1058724
This - worked for PwC for a while, went to China, HK, Taiwan, Israel, the UAE, Saudi, and a few states in the US.
>>
>>1058724
I heard this and executive assistant in a multinational company are both great positions for travel. They're right up my alley in regards to education too.
>>
>>1058845
Yeah but you can't be an exec assistant before a long time, while a consultant travels all the time from day 1.
You should work for a company that deals with clients from all over the world every day, not once in a year with main operations in the same city or country.

My fiancee is a junior consultant for a year now and already headed to London, Amsterdam, somewhere in south of France, and about to head to Saudi Arabia in January.
Consultants in the US travel twice as much.
>>
>>1058883
Any advice on getting my foot in the door?
>>
File: P1120443.jpg (6 MB, 4608x3456) Image search: [Google]
P1120443.jpg
6 MB, 4608x3456
>>1058700
I work festivals and events, get around quite a bit. What I do is, loosely defined, on the performance side -- my sense is it is an easier road to a reasonable living on the tech/production side.
>>
>>1058724
What the fuck is a "consultant" anyway? It sounds like a fake job.
>>
>>1059250
boy u have to stop being so servile.
consulting basically means there is a project a company needs to complete and needs some expertise in helping to make it happen.
if you have worked for/with a company that competes with the company you plan to consult, you have guaranteed yourself some good experience and good references.
>>
>>1059284
and by good experiences and good references i mean "work"
>>
>>1059284
What sort of >project? There must have been a dozen people at the company who had the same experience, but they chose you. Why? I'm guessing you put your name out there to float it for interested parties.

Do you have a business degree?
>>
OP here. I did a little research on being a consultant, but I don't drink and am not a social butterfly.

Any other suggestions? Maybe a brand or marketing executive? Idk if those travel though.
>>
>>1058700
Doing a PhD in physics in the UK. My stations so far:

USA (2x)
Germany (2x)
Italy (1x)
Austria (1x)

Next possible trips will probably be USA or Japan. Scientists in general travel quite a bit. They also tend to change residency every 2 years or so.
>>
>>1058930
get excellent academia track record, look at what do they want, and practice for interviews.
The process can take a whole year.

>>1059287
Well a consultant is like an umbrella, they have skills in everything (marketing, finance, management) and they usually provide you insights. It's no bullshit job though cause they usually work a lot, easily >60 hours a week.
I have MSc in Management.

>>1059311
my fiancee never drinks (allergy) and is not quite a social butterfly. Usually bigger firms expect more about results than anything else.
But yeah, you still need to sacrifice a lot, you have less time for yourself overall.
>>
>>1058700
I'm a Merchant Mariner, OP. I travel pretty much constantly. That said, these days you'll be hard-pressed to find a company or ship that will give you the real 'traveling' experience. I'm very lucky in that regard. I spend plenty of time in port all over the place.
>>
Bump cause I never actually got an answer.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.