[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has anyone had recent experience as an American in Cuba? I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: IMG_3134-1200x675.jpg (229 KB, 1200x675) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3134-1200x675.jpg
229 KB, 1200x675
Has anyone had recent experience as an American in Cuba? I'm interested in visiting this summer.

I plan to go for journalistic purposes, but I wonder how strictly they expect you to adhere to that role. I've freelanced in the past but I don't depend on journalism for livelihood. I would take pictures, keep a journal, and perhaps interview locals, but I may not publish anything in the immediate aftermath, if at all. Thoughts?

Also, general advice for visiting Cuba would be appreciated.
>>
>>1056143

idk man but im going there on friday for liek 3 weeks. I'll let you know how it goes. I'm going there to train at a boxing gym.
>>
>>1056305
Cool. Keep me posted. Are you American?
>>
>>1056143
>bump for interest
Also trying to plan a trip to Cuba. I was invited go to with some Mexican friends who will not need to be in a tour. Is there a "tour" agency that you can use to enter the country?
>>
>>1057013
The more I read the less likely it seems I will be doing this.
>>
>>1056143
You guys don't need to make up some excuse to go or book a tour, just go. Im an american and went with my family last April. All we did was book tickets from Cancun to Havana from a Canadian travel agency and then we flew to Cancun on Delta.

make sure you bring lots of cash too. Your credit and debit cards wont work there.
>>
>>1056143
I'll let you know in 8 days.
>>
>>1057090
What happened when you re-entered the USA with two Mexican entrance stamps instead of one?

How is prison treating you?
>>
>>1057116
Lol the border guy didnt even look at my stamps. If he did I would've said I was on a tour.
>>
>>1057126
If he did you would have been fucked.
>>
>>1057136
nah, it's not illegal to go to cuba as an american. For all he knows I have family or work for a religious organization. Not like those guys give a fuck anyway.
>>
>>1057165
Its not illegal but you need to go for an approved reason and get approved for it before you leave. Tourism is still prohibited. It even says on the govt website that going with prepaid tour groups probably isnt legal either but thousands of people are doing it..

Not like you would have got busted anyway though. Most of the stamps you get in Mexico are illegible. They would have had to suspect you of something pretty major for them to go looking that hard.
>>
>>1057804
All that being technically true, they don't seem to be devoting any effort to enforcing that any more.
>>
I'm too scared to just roll the dice, even if the consensus is that the officials don't really care or enforce the no American tourism laws.

How do I best bullshit that I'm there for religious purposes or whatever?
>>
>>1057136
Cuba is easy, man! Just pull down your shirt to show a little cleavage and bat your eyebrows a bit at customs... Go USA!
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.