[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Spain
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
File: Spain.png (141 KB, 751x334) Image search: [Google]
Spain.png
141 KB, 751x334
I am going to be visiting Sevilla, España for a week this coming December.

We will be staying within the city, so everything will be walked to. Does /trv/ have any recommendations of places to visit, or tips so I don't get myself in trouble?

I have a decent knowledge of Spanish, while its American Spanish, will I have any troubles communicating with the Locals.
>>
>>1055779
Sevilla is a great city, but you're missing out if you don't have a small trip to Granada. Other than that, go to the cathedral, the Reales Alcázares, the Hospital de los Venerables, the Plaza de España in the park, and the Metropol Parasol is pretty cool too.

You should be ok with communication, but know that the accent in Andalucía is very different to what you may be used to hearing. Lots of people speak English anyway.
>>
>>1055779
>>1055787
Also, eat all the jamón you can, it's God's gift to Spain
>>
File: Ciudad Romana.png (3 MB, 938x1814) Image search: [Google]
Ciudad Romana.png
3 MB, 938x1814
Italica, city of Baetica (Roma)
>>
File: 1111.png (696 KB, 1350x758) Image search: [Google]
1111.png
696 KB, 1350x758
Hola, acabo de leer que hablas Español. Asi que voy a seguir hablando en este idioma para ver si tendrás problemas con los lugareños a la hora de comunicarse.

Sevilla es la capital de Andalucia, que es de las regiones más pobres de España, por lo tanto hay algunos barrios a evitar. Aljate lo maximo posible del barrio gitano de las 3.000 viviendas, es el segundo peor barrio de España (te lo muestro en el mapa en un circulo rojo)

Italica (como ya he dicho antes) es una antigua ciudad Romana.
La Catedral de Sevilla es muy buen sitio, alli esta grabado Juego de Tronos, el palacio de Dorne
http://estaticos.elperiodico.com/resources/jpg/8/4/video-promocional-con-imagenes-espana-del-segundo-capitulo-quinta-temporada-juego-tronos-1428950167948.jpg
La Torre del Oro es otro sitio que visitar.
Tambien la plaza españa donde se grabo Star Wars
http://www.verpueblos.com/fotos_originales/9/9/1/00036991.jpg

Repito, aléjate de las 3.000 viviendas si no quieres que un gitano te apuñale.
>>
>>1055801
¡Muchas Gracias!

Estaba leyendo un artículo que explicado las problemas con turistas y gitanos. Mi madre y yo estamos quedarse a un hotel a proximo del centro de la ciudad.

Gracias para las sugestiones de las lugares, haré una nota a evitar la parte donde gitano viven.

Yo tengo muchas problemas con sintaxis y gramática. Espero que los personas de Sevilla me puedan entender!

Otra vez, gracias para la advertencia y sugestiones.
>>
>>1055788
Thank you!

I am really excited to try the food and wine there, I've heard many great things about it.

Thanks for the suggestions of places to visit, since we will be staying exclusively in Sevilla (Maybe a bus trip to Grenada) these ideas are fantastic.
>>
OP here,

How are the buses in Spain? Are they safe? Can you easily access one?

Como están los autobuses en España? Son seguros? Es fácil conseguir uno?
>>
I got back from Seville today.

I didn't like it desu, but the Iberico pork was d e l i s h
>>
>>1055803
Tranquilo, en Andalucia tambien tenemos problemas hablando el Español hahahaha

De nada!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sbda9ENpmXg
>>
File: captura2.jpg (148 KB, 1097x657) Image search: [Google]
captura2.jpg
148 KB, 1097x657
>>1055805
Sevilla tiene Bus urbano seguro, tambien tiene una linea de metro. Para viajar por el resto de España tenemos trenes muy buenos. El AVE es lo mejor que tiene mi pais ya que puedes llegar a cualquier punto de España en poco tiempo. Los Buses entre una ciudad y otra siguen siendo seguros, pero yo siempre los he odiado. viaja en tren si no te importa demasiado el dinero.
>>
>>1055779
If you really have a decent knowledge of spanish, you should not have any trouble with communicating with the locals. Spaniards always try to understand you, give them time if they don't first. Since it seems you're american, take care with the vowel sounds, english has a lot of them but spanish only five and pronouncing them badly is what makes you hard to be understood most of the time.

Maybe you will have a harder time understanding them, try to talk with young people instead of older one.

Spain is a safe country, but avoid gypsies and bad neighbourhoods in general. Watch for your things in touristic places, specially if you think it will be obvious at first sight that you're a tourist.
>>
>>1055812
Also as you see from my post don't expect most spaniards to have good academic english. But you sound like a nice guy, you shouldn't have a problem understanding us.
>>
>>1055808
p-para que querian al Antonio al final?
>>
>>1055815
Seguro que para algo de física cuántica ahahah.
Yo llevo viviendo en Andalucía diez años y me deprime bastante.
>>
>>1055810
¡Muchas Gracias!

Yo prefiero viajar por el tren también y dinero no debería ser una problema.
>>
>>1055808
Eso era difícil comprender... Pero, es una país de Español, así entiendo.

Con esperanza, no seré tener algunos problemas con las locales.
>>
Sorry to hijack your thread OP

Where is the best place in Spain to travel in terms of safety?

I'd like to take my gf on holiday there some point next year and I would like to feel safe while doing so. Been to Barcelona before and thoroughly enjoyed it, however, I'd prefer something quieter.
>>
>>1055960
The whole country is as safe as anywhere else in Europe. There's a risk of being mugged/pick pocketed anywhere in the world, but Spain is very safe with nice people
>>
>>1055960
Spain is probably one of the safest countries in the world. It's perfectly safe in all the regions.

Since you didn't provide any interests, I would recommend the northern part of Spain (Basque country, Asturias and Galicia). Beautiful nature, arguably the best food in Spain, beautiful beaches (surfing if you are into that), and amazing cities. The best thing is that is not as full of tourists looking for sun and questionable sangria, since most of the tourism is from other local Spaniards. Be aware though, if you don't go in Summer/spring you may get shitty weather.
>>
>>1055804
If you go to Granada, you would be a fool to miss the Alhambra. It's absolutely amazing. To go there, you need to buy a ticket well in advance, preferably weeks before. It's easy to do it online. Get yourself an Alhambra ticket, then take the bus to Granada, and enjoy the gorgeous palace complex.
>>
>>1055779
Advice:

-Check out Rota, to the south for the sea. There's a castle, church, lighthouse, and a few other attractions there as well.

-If you see an establishment that advertises as a "club", or looks like a bar with a hotel attached, that's a brothel. I have heard first hand of people wondering in, even with their wife/girl, and then situations arise (i.e. wife about to fight hooker for coming on to her husband. Husband backs her. Neither realize their in a brothel ). Actual clubs are called discotheques, disco for short. Bars and pubs are bars and pubs.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.