[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Guys, russian here, i'm asking would it be interesting for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 4
Guys, russian here, i'm asking would it be interesting for you as foreigners now to visit some rare places in Russia with guides in company of me and my friend? We could help with translating, visas, defense, weed and guidance. Our rouble is fallen so everything is very cheap for europeans and americans. It would be enough of 500-600 dollars for example to have nice trip without jet ticket price for 2 weeks. How do you rate this idea? Would you try this?
>>
>>1055295
Nope. My friend was mugged in Moscow. U are not a charming neither safe country
>>
What kinda rare shit?
>>
>>1055295
As an American I have no desire to visit Russia. Maybe some euros would but not me, no sir.
>>
I would, but I know Russians. Try starting a website or even a small company instead of peddling yourself on the Ukrainian scubadiving board.
>>
>>1055295
i am poorfag now but if i had money i definitly try it. i always like to hang out locals try food which i know locals eat etc. i think its good idea.
>>
I think that sounds like a good idea - it's always better to have a local show you round their country in my opinion. I'd recommend offering this somewhere like Couchsurfing though, I don't know about other anons but I'm not too sure I'd trust someone from 4chan. Even Couchsurfing isn't 100% safe, but at least they have feedback so if you are a genuinely good guy (which I'm sure you are) then people could see you're not just some scammer.
>>
>>1055295
Does your average criminal in Russia have a gun?

I can handle anything else alright, but if you guys are going to pull a gun on me as soon as I leave the airport I'd be fucked and I don't trust your police to help.
>>
Hello comrade. I would really like to visit Moscow and Volgograd. I was considering visiting anyway next year but having some pre-found friends would be useful.
>>
I've regretted not joining Western Saharabro for forever. I'd go if I was more spontaneous and didn't have college. To me, an ideal trip would be weird areas.

>drive to Magadan, see a Gulag
>drive to the border of Georgia, see South Ossettia, Abkhazia, avoid Chechnya like it was cancer
>drive up to the eastern Ukrainian border to get a feel for it
>do a ceremony with the shamans around Tannu Tuva, give my prayer beads and singing bowl to monks in Buryatia

One day.
>>
I want to see moscow and Chernobyl. Also I would like a small russian woman to take home.
>>
>>1055295
go away russian shill

the rulbe is unstable, russia is full ov violent crime, russian immigration is invasive and unfriendly, there is little tourist infrastruture, nobody speaks english andrussias capital cities are really expensive
>>
File: 1421047292079.jpg (8 KB, 224x225) Image search: [Google]
1421047292079.jpg
8 KB, 224x225
so it was interesting to read you guys, some of you are rude.
>>1055324
places where it's rare to see tourists.
>>1055417
like this and more other places you've never heard about.
>>1055368
it's the trip i'd like to have abroad. But now i have money only for travelling here.

Soon i'll live alone and i will have account at couchsurfing, never tryed it before. Actually i don't plan something bad. Only to earn some money for tickets and new meetings and watch interesting places and play there vargan. But yes, it's hard to believe to somebody who is anonymous.

>>1055372
no, mostly knifes. We don't trust our police to help us so much. So we will defend our guests. Isn't it adventure?

>>1055373
Glad to read it. Also in Volgograd's steppes we have one very interesting place so we're planning to visit.

>>1055417
You understand me correct. I like such a trips

>>1055419
i don't have one m8

>>1055437
isn't it interesting moment of history to see by your own eyes? so enjoy your muslim invasion
>>
I would feel disgusted as a black guy to give my tourists dollars to such an openly racist country. Doesn't help that the place is super poor as well
>>
>>1055467
it's your imho.
>>
File: 21borderlines-blog427.jpg (77 KB, 427x550) Image search: [Google]
21borderlines-blog427.jpg
77 KB, 427x550
>>1055462

Take me to pic related and I would pay you for it. I can't find shit about visiting the Russia NK border online. I take it you don't like in Vladivostok though.
>>
>>1055470
wow rare interesting place, but my base is in Moscow. I'll think about possibility of this.
>>
>>1055467
it`s like to go into the lion`s cell to you, lol
>>
>>1055470

There's nothing much to see.

You can get a train to the last stop before the boarder, its pretty easy if you speak a little bit of Russian, but dont expect to see much other than old farms and dilapidated houses.
>>
>>1055470
vienna-pyongyang. blog spot
(had to re-format it, 4chan thinks it's spam.)

there you go, some fun stuff.
as the blog says, don't try this. they got in to nk via the russian border.
there is one train per week from moscow to pyongyang, stops before the border obviously. i saw tickets via rzd.ru last year, not sure if you can still buy them online.
what those two guys did was booking a regular tour to nk, and then the same day that they were supposed to enter from china, they showed up on that weekly train on a border that doesn't really handle tourists, and got in.
again, do not try this, but you can at least see the border from north relatively safe, and keeping those border control guys safe, too.

now can i run this thing instead of op?
>>
>inb4 stealing my organs
>>
>>1055467
>openly racist
>personally know several black people born in russia
>doesnt know about alexander pushkin
>forgot that the US has been openly racist for all but the last 50 years.
>being this american
>>
i will go to Saint Petersburg for 14 days next january as the flight ticket is super cheap (from HK to russia). I think st petersburg is safe comparatively. Am I right? Plus, i am an asian (speak ching chang chong and english). will I be robbed/ punched for being an asian in Russia?
>>
Plus i heard that russians are discriminating asians openly. due to the fact that Mongols used to ass-raped the whole russia and made the caucasian race in Russia mixed with the blood of asians. Is it correct?
>>
>>1055559
people are mostly neutral to asian tourists, it's not rare in Moscow and SPB. Here is a lot of them so nobody will even care about your presence here.
>>
>>1055564
thanks.
>>
Been to Russia many times in one period of my life, but not in the past 7 years. What I have noticed from my Russian friends / contacts (which I still have LOADS) is that they have become very racist. You know, they've been eating up Putins propaganda for 10 years or so now.
I would definitely not go to Russia if I were black or homo, would be a fucking stupid destination.
Otherwise, St. Pieter is beautiful, I like it much more than Moscow. For a general white dude it's fine as long as you're not stupid.
>>
>>1055568
let me explain this situation as a local. Some people become racists not because of Putin's propaganda. His propaganda is like 'all nations who live in Russia are good guys except radicals'. It's because of mass immigration to Russia from middle Asia and Caucasus - muslims. That's the reason of racism here. They wanted independance - they got it after fall of USSR but then they figured out their countries turn into super shithole ruled by themselve so their people earn money here and prefer to spend it at home. It's like - if you want independance - get it and go be free somewhere else, niga, not here if you want to part with us. It's cheating you know.
>>
el bumpo
>>
>>1055569
Is that why black and gay people have to fear for their lives? I call bullshit, seems like you've sucked up some of putins dick too.
>>
>>1055715
m8 you are too progressive for this dialogue. I think you even never heard that Russia is second after USA in value of immigration(so Putin is pro-immigration if you don't understand). You just don't hear me. So local people have all rights to be against immigration, our land - our rules. If you don't like it just go somewhere else. Haters gonna hate.
>>
>>1055717
How does beating up minorities has to do with immigration? Or jailing protesters? Or basically anyone who is against the reign? Admit it, Russia is a fascistic state. Anyone who doesn't believe can go read the countless reports from the likes of Amnesty or UN. Sod off cunt.
>>
>>1055736
>Sod off
kek it's you are in russian thread, not me in /lgbt. start your own thread and tell there everyone about gay rights and all this stuff. Why so butthurt? Don't teach me how to live. Also you changed theme from reasons of nationalism to neo-nazis and fascism. Neo-nazis exist almost in every white country. Admit it, niga, and go away. ok?
>>
>>1055568
That's what everyone says... Piter is beter than moskou
>>
>>1055777
Питepoблядь,плиз.
>>
>>1055295
I was just in moscow a couple of weejs ago, would probably be interested if I didn't fear for my kidneys.
>>
>>1055802
Kidneys?
>>
>>1055807
either too much vodka or
prozzies taking a kidney or 2 to sell
>>
OP, take a group of people to Dyatlov Pass, then report back to us and /x/
>>
>>1055295
I'm a black brit, how would that go down in Russia? Have always been interested but I hear racism is particularly bad there
>>
>>1056040
if you're like one progressive person above in this thread you'll feel not comfy because of your mind-set.
So some people don't like non-locals. Actually i'm one of them. Kebabs are the biggest troublemakers here, so blacks don't have such a bad reputation. They act friendly here and i've never seen or heard they got in trouble. Also if you're tourist nobody (except some football hooligans or drunk bydlo) will make you problems. People will just look at you because here in Moscow it's not big amount of blacks.

In other parts of the country you will have a lot of attention, some people will even want to make a photo with you because it's very rare. So if you're friendly person you'll feel alright.
>>
>>1056046
I can deal with that. How's the bar/ club scene and what are the attitude of women towards black men and the attitude of Russians towards black men with thier Russian "sisters"

Don't want to work hard getting a Russian then have my head kicked in on the streets
>>
File: theykickass.jpg (117 KB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
theykickass.jpg
117 KB, 800x533
>>1056078
some people will kick your ass if you come to pick russian women. Especially if you came alone. That's how alcohol works and i'd understand them. Fights in the clubs are not rare. Plus fans love clubs and bars
>>
>>1056083
That's a deal breaker for me, I do understand the attitude though and personally wouldn't label it racist. Part of the fun for me is trying to chat up girls

Shame, I'll visit Russia when I'm married or something. Cheers for the response
>>
>>1056087
thanks for understanding. Good luck
>>
What should one do in Moscow beside the obvious tourist traps? What are the laws regarding trespassing on abandoned properties? And is it popular to do this in Moscow?
>>
I'd love to but the Visa for russia now a days is so hard! so fuck it then..
>>
>>1055559
St. Petersburg is safer than moscow
>>1055467
Best thing about russian. Not many niggers ;)
>>
>>1057484
not safer. it's almost the same
>>1057203
sex,drugs, alcohol, rock&roll
>>
>>1055560
100% wrong. Nobody cares that youre asian, there are many kazakh, uzbek migrant workers here who look east asian anyway.
Black people dont really get shit either in the major cities. I personally know a few black people who live in moscow and have seen many on the streets, one is an american expat
>>
How do russians feel about polaks/canadians?
>>
>>1055295
I've been to Russia before and I'd be interested in something like that. But how will people know that you're legit? Maybe it'll be slow to start off, set up a Facebook page or some shit and have people write good reviews that way you'll have at least a tiny bit of credibility.

If you're targeting people from outside of Russia, I'd say offer the Golden Ring as one of your tours. Maybe it's kind of touristy, but most Americans at least don't know what it is. But I imagine if you mean rare places, you definitely don't mean that; it'd probably have to be as good as that or better.
>>
I'm an American and I want to work in Moscow or St.Petersburg for a year via teaching. Anyone have any experience with this?

I've already taught in Korea and enjoyed it greatly. I'm 23 and look like a normal white guy.
>>
>>1058137
Op here, i'm thinking about making airbnb page and give one room for tourists for cheap price so we could use it as starting base. So they can leave their opinions about me.

.>Golden Ring
I already visited many towns of Ring, so it's easy level. It's popular between russians. But it's still very beautiful and ancient. I'd visit again.

May be you're right, i'll start with easy level.

>>1058130
If you're guys friendly and nice other people will be nice too. Fuck politics, we're just people.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCHD1YdOiEo

>>1058146
Man, try to send offering letters to some language schools in Moscow.

Also. guys, what do you think, what's the best way to say people we're weed friendly? I don't want to ask it openly when they arrive.
>>
>>1055373
wow, i'm from Volgograd. it's a really shit, but there are some beautiful places in the downtown. i could help but i don't speak english very well anyway.
>>
How does one dress to blend in in Russia?
>>
Canadian with russian/German heritage. Will I be more well received if I say I have Russian blood?
>>
>>1059778
Not OP, but they really won't care. Your Canadian-ness will be noticed first.
>>
>>1059778
yes, especially if you can into russian a little bit. But it's better to have russian soul. In this case you will be good received anywhere.

>>1059730
>adidass
kek
actually just wear something casual, ordinary.
>>
I'm from Chile and went to Moscow during winter 2012. It was amazing.
Although before going i was afraid of discrimination, people turned out to be very friendly and helpful. I have felt more danger in París and Rome than Moscow.
Id love to go back someday.

Good luck with your idea, sounds good.
>>
>>1060776
thank you, winter is nice time for coming here and feeling spirit of Christmas. I'll try my best
>>
>>1055295
hi
me and my friend plan to visit russia during upcoming summer. we want to visit Moscow and Petersburg. weve got lowish basic language skills, but were gonna improve it until then. we want to spend as little money as we can
soo, any tips?
what are other interesting cities, besides these two (but close to them) to visit.
are there hotels/motels/hostels designed and priced for poor travelling students?
is it safe to hitchike?
if not, how high are the train tickets prices compared to western countries, like britian, france or germany?
also the same question on daily expenses.
how many rubles would you recommend for a 2-4 weeks trip through western russia

also can you get mary jane there easily?

were slavs. is that fact guaranteeing safer travelling conditions for us? (other people in the thread suggest, that russia is dangerous country to visit

thanks for your answers dunedain
>>
>>1061700
and one more question
is it legal and safe to bring a tent? i hitchiked with tent through england with 2 other friends. even tho its illegal there, if you found a good place in the countryside near the road, it was effective
>>
>>1055295
Fucking sign me up. The colder, more remote the better. 600 dollars for 2 weeks in Siberia, I'll go 4 times a year.
>>
>>1055295

I'd like to learn Russian. What are the best learning resources to use?
>>
>other people in the thread suggest, that russia is dangerous country to visit
they've never been in Russia or eastern Europe
>>
File: feelrussia.jpg (60 KB, 604x416) Image search: [Google]
feelrussia.jpg
60 KB, 604x416
>>1061702
hitchhiking is safe enough, but time of waiting for a car is a little bit longer. And if company is big it's harder.
>MJ
m8 you'll get in trouble if you don't know people. Or you'll buy 'spice' - sinthetic shit.

Tent is safe if you place it far from the crowded places. I think it's legal but if you're in city area you'll get questions from police may be. Just hide it from people's eyes. You know here we have a lot of space for hiding. But i'd recommend to rent some room. It's so wet because of condesated water at summer's morning

Slavs, i don't know will it help you or not. depends on people.

If you want to know prices for tickets
http rzd ru russian rail road.

>>1061804
native speakers. watching our films. make a friend in internet to practice everyday. But firstly download some tutorials cyкa блять

>>1061788
it would be enough without including plane tickets. But sorry man, i'm not a good enough staker for deep siberian winter journeys.

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.