[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
60 yr old with just enough cash for one last trip.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: walter-white-cool-pic.jpg (807 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
walter-white-cool-pic.jpg
807 KB, 1920x1200
My days are numbered, I feel wretched most times and I know its just a matter of time for me. I have only about 11,000 dollars left and at this point I just dont care anymore. I live in seattle now and I need a good 45 day vacation spot for my final trip ever. I really dont want to spend more than 2500 if I can help it and im super good at roughing it. Ive been in all lower 48 states, so those destinations are out. I hate cold (60), where would you suggest?
>>
Easy. Pattaya, Thailand. Tons of older tourists there and cost of living is really cheap. Plus you can live out your days in nice warm weather banging Thai hookers.
>>
>>1054285
don't feel like you got some two more decades in you?
>>
>>1054285

Why are you limiting your spending if your days are numbered?
With that amount of money, do the 1970's hippie trek to the himalayas through afghanistan. Beautiful trip, and you wil eventually die along the way, probably in a peaceful blaze of opium.
>>
Well that depends on what you enjoy doing. We know you don't like cold. Something else?
>>
Come to Tokyo and I'll buy you a beer a five. I love talking to older folks.
>>
>>1054317
*or five
>>
>>1054285

I hear Cuba gets a good flock of older folk on a regular basis. Hell my parents are about your age and they loved it going there the past summer.
>>
>>1054290
Almost word-for-word what I was going to say.

Some of my best beer buddies around that area are exactly OP. Funny thing is, once they get there, the don't seem to be able to die.

Honestly, though, if you're not into the whole working girl scene, it's an extremely chill place with a lot to offer retirees. You'll never be short on a smile or a beer buddy.

Trust me. I go there every six weeks, and I'm not even into the prostitution scene at all. I go for my friends (who are absolute characters) and the relaxed lifestyle.
>>
>>1054294
no, Im a cold war era defense worker and i got more than my fair share of radiation, chems and other nasites to last a lifetime. If I make it to retirement I got a huge pension coming but, most my comrades have up and died the past few years. carbon tetrachloride used on a daily basis is harsh on a body. Sucks the water out of you and breathing it makes you high as a kite... carbon tetrachloride was one of the tamer chenicals we used to build cruise missles with.
>>
Thailand man.

Its one of the cheapest locations to visit and its a vacation paradise. White sand beaches and warm tropical weather
>>
>>1054429
what did you build anon?
I worked on
ACLMs in the service. I always worry that I got too many RADs from the heads.
They would not let us have radiation badges ;_;
>>
>>1054438
I worked on the AGM-129, BGM-109A Tomahawk Land Attack Missile – Nuclear (TLAM-A) with a W80 thermonuclear weapon and the BGM-109G Ground Launched Cruise Missile (GLCM) – with a W84 nuclear warhead;
the fact they wouldnt give you a badge is al you need to know... I now have lots of problems and the "quakes" just started about 6 months ago. The good thing is we made a difference. the bad thing is they threw us away when we were all done. All or work was classified, No job references other than the place of employment and even getting that released was tough. Tried to skip to Boeing after we were bought out but it was nearly impossible with politics and unions and my NDA contracts. So we were hung out to dry for a decade. Learned a lot about the world I'd rather not known. Now its just a matter of time.
>>
>>1054285
Greece. Fly into Athens, stay a couple of nights. From Athens you can fly to Santorini, one of the many Islands off the coast off Greece. You can then take a ferry in between the rest of the islands. #1 Sunset in the world, great architecture, beautiful beaches, and cheap beer.
>>
I would say Greece my Great Grandma was born raised in Greece and lived through WWII until a few years ago she lived until like 102years old? Good food, mediterranean weather Greeks like tourists, hot girls, nude beaches, no where in Greece is more than 100miles from the Ocean.
>>
>>1054447
That top secret clearance sounded so fucking cool when I was younger. Turned out to be a total pain in the ass.
That GLCM was supposed to be similar to our ALCM, same career numbers.
I also worked on those old as fuck SRAM AGM 69s
I think my only real exposure was the tridium orbs.
That and everloving fucktons of MIL-C81302 non flamable solvent.
No idea what was in that can.
Honestly Thailand sounds perfect for you. Should try to find a way to get over there on the cheap.
>>
>>1054474
i just spent the last 2 hours going over flight and hotel and off the beaten path hotels and so on, I think I can go there and back and do 7 days for about 3500usd. That includes a couple times of companionship as well as just "being there" in the moment.

i think i just may do it. Its now or never.
>>
>>1054562
Mate for 3500 USD you could spend months there.
>>
>>1054562

You can comfortably live in Bangkok for $1500 a month if you don't visit too many hookers.
>>
File: image.jpg (328 KB, 712x1056) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
328 KB, 712x1056
Dear OP, cosidering your mature age and the sense of personality I get from you I have to agree with the other Anons and suggest Thailand. You will meet many people from all stages in life and you will have to possibillity to retreat and be by your self.

Its a easy place to be. Very friendly, very cheap. Good food, good beaches and good womens. I was there when I was in my early 20s some years ago and I met many men like you, who I formed good companionship with. For example a e veteran general who was depressed, but had found the good life in Thailand. We shared many good beers and stories.

Im just curious when u say you learned allot about the world you rather would not know, what do you mean by that? What do you regret OP?

Also the anon suggesting the hippie trail is a good one, but I sense a some beaches&bitches is more fitting for you.

Hope you find what you are looking for OP, life is still long if you know how to spend it.
>>
>>1054562
Godspeed anon. The expensive bit will be the flight. If you really want to live cheap, you could spend much more time there.
>>
>>1054562
Good luck missileanon. Please share your pics
>>
>>1054562
Go to Chiang Mai. You can fuck a hooker or two per week, have a few beers per day and live comfortably on under $1500/month. I did it for 6 months (minus the drinking) for about $1000/month.
>>
>>1054562
I think you should stay there far longer than just for 7 days. I mean really the most expensive part about going to Thailand is the transport itself. Accomodation and food on the other hand are cheap.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.