[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I will be visiting Panama City with my wife next week. We only
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: Panama-City-580x300.jpg (63 KB, 580x300) Image search: [Google]
Panama-City-580x300.jpg
63 KB, 580x300
I will be visiting Panama City with my wife next week. We only have 4 days, from Tuesday to Friday. Any suggestions on what should we visit and do inside the city?.
>>
>>1054226
There really isn't much to do there. Go see the old town, Casco Viejo and if you're into that sort of thing the original settlement in Panama Viejo. Definitely check out the canal, it's pretty interesting actually even if you don't care much about ships.

Other than that, there really isn't anything else to see. The city is quite boring to be honest. You might find some good shit away from the areas with the skyscrapers. In fact, the most interesting area I stumbled across was close to Casco Viejo, in an area where the local black population lives. It looked poorer and dingier but also more interesting to just hang out and look at everyday life there. Panama seems to lack much of a middle class so don't be surprised when you see 3rd world shit in one of the wealthiest cities in Latin America.
>>
>>1054241
Thank you anon. Is there any interesting museum to visit?. Or a mall where I can find cheap prices for good products?
>>
File: DSC00366.jpg (5 MB, 3456x4608) Image search: [Google]
DSC00366.jpg
5 MB, 3456x4608
I you're a boxing fan check out Roberto Durans Bar "la tasca" if youre lucky you might meet him (as i did) its like a small museum.
>>
Its kind of a shit hole desu. See the canal I guess.
>>
>>1054226
Vortex Springs is fun ol' Florida tailgating cold springs stuff.
>>
>>1054483
There are no museums there. If you go to the Miraflores locks there's a small display on the canal and Panama Viejo is an open air museum with ruins of the original settlement. But there really are no museums like you'd expect in other major cities.

There's a ton of malls but most have normal western brand stores and are not cheaper. What you want to do is find a mall for the locals. Go to Avenida Central, there's a lot of stores that seem to sell cheap shit there. Might even find stores that sell stolen goods.

After coming back from Panama, my coworker who is Colombian asked me if I bought jeans for a dollar. I said the prices were not that much cheaper to what we have here. He said that apparently from time to time a container of goods goes missing and they try to get rid of the contents as fast as possible so lets say there's 100,000 pairs of jeans in there, they just sell them for $1 cause that's a quick $100,000. I guess that you have to know the right people to get those sort of deals however. Wouldn't be surprised if you managed to find those folks on Avenida Central.
>>
OP here. Thank you guys. What about a good spot to bathe in the sea?.
>>
Or a place for recreational divings for noobs?. My wife has never gone to dive in the ocean.
>>
File: DSCF4061.jpg (6 MB, 4000x3000) Image search: [Google]
DSCF4061.jpg
6 MB, 4000x3000
>>1054816

Mmhmm there are some cool islands with beaches to the south of Panama City, pic related, I dont remember the name but most of the boats leave from the Trump building (lol)
>>
>>1054226
take a look at going into the guna yala territory, postcard beaches and islands. agencies pick you up from panama city, drive you to the pacific coast, take you to an island for a night or two, and drive you around on boats. comparatively cheap, when I did it with another person it was under $500.
if you speak spanish you can go with a local agency, if not, you're gonna have to pay a bit more for an agency that advertises online and has nice websites (in english).
go visit amador causeway, great views of the ships, great place for dinner.
casco viejo and panama viejo are different places, both worth going to.
check out albrook mall for better deals, and metro mall for top of the line stores. for metro mall, think designer, brooks brothers, etc.
if you're into birding, there are forests close enough to the city for that, haven't gone myself so i can't say where to go.
if you're into beer hit up isthmobrew for some local craft beer.
>>
>>1054721
There are, in fact, museums in Panama City
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.