[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Going to Russia and get an Automotive Engineering Degree
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: moscow.jpg (215 KB, 1200x797) Image search: [Google]
moscow.jpg
215 KB, 1200x797
Hey /trv/, I always wanted to go to Russia to obtain a degree in Automotive Engineering and/or some kind of Mechanical Engineering (engine mod for racing, chassis modding, painting, cnc for spare parts manufacture, soldering, any of the listed not all of them).

I was wondering if you can help me, where should I apply, which insitute/university is the best for that, and which is the cheapest way to travel and to live there.

> I have never travelled abroad
> Why Russia? I dunno but I really want to go there
> I live in South America
> I'm almost 30
> Here in the country I live, I have wasted my time and money studying an Automotive Engineering Degree but it is useless, I have no specialization or any kind of practice/ability apart from what I have been doing (been an assistant in a few repair garages and in some authorized dealers)
> My mother language is Spanish, I know English (and I'm sorry if it is reallly bad I do not have a degree on languages), and I do know a few Russian expressions and words (I can read cyrilic symbols)
> I'm still living with my mom
> I have some money saved (about 6k USD)
> I want to have my own repair garage
> If I'm lucky, I want meet a bunch of russian girls
> I'm tired of being a useless piece of shit

Pic Related
>>
>>1054051
Russian guy finishing his bachelors in CS here.
how May I help you?
>>
>>1054064
кaкoй BУЗ зaкoнчил?
>>
>>1054065
Toмcкий yнивepcитeт.
>>
>>1054066
TГУ или TПУ?
>>
>>1054067
Пoд yнивepcитeтoм oбычнo TГУ пoдpaзyмeвaют, нy, кaк oбихoднoe нaзвaниe)
a чтo?
>>
>>1054064
hey bro, I wanted to go abroad and have a degree but someone said to me just a few seconds ago that education in Russia is more expensive than in the US, and it's more like there in Russia they do not have too much technology (according to someone in /b/) and I should find another place to go and study

btw the main thread is on /b/

>>653825521

>>1054065
>>1054066
>>1054067
>>1054069

please guys in english I know some cyrilic but come on haha help me find out
>>
>>1054069
пpocт я тoжe мeтил нa TГУ или TПУ
в итoгe пocтyпил в CФУ
пepвoкyp
>>
>>1054070
Can you email me?
No,Russia is dirt cheap.
6000 bucks can easily last you for 2-3 years.
We both are from Tomsk, a university city
>>
>>1054070
>education in Russia is more expensive than in the US
false
>it's more like there in Russia they do not have too much technology
truth
>I should find another place to go and study
recommend it
>>
>>1054075
any proofs of lack of tech in education?
>>
>>1054073
sure dude, gimme your email
>>
>>1054078
post yours and I'll write you a note later on.
I don't post info on 4chan.

Do you have any particular questions?
>>
>>1054079
one more post for me.
Travelling.
The cheapest would be flying to moscow, and travelling in Russia by train. But flying is also an option.

Studying, Moscow is pricy and I find that the city sucks.
I'd reccomend going to St.Petes for a thousand reasons.
Another option is Tomsk. It's a wildly known place with a bunch of good enginering schools, a vibrant student community.

Prices would be half of those in St. Petes.
As a international student youre tuition would probobly be less than 2000 bucks. The bad thing is it's in SIberia. So 5-6 months of snow.
>>
>>1054088
I'm not the OP, but I'm going to Russia this summer. Is tomsk a good place to see during the summer?
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.