[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So i just got offered an internship in Brussels, what are the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: Brussels.jpg (65 KB, 560x300) Image search: [Google]
Brussels.jpg
65 KB, 560x300
So i just got offered an internship in Brussels, what are the chances, realistically, that I'm going to get shot and or blown up?
Also, what are fun things to do in the city?
>>
>>1053922
>>1053922
Belgian here,
Brussels is a cool place, don't worry about "them terrorists". You'll feel safe in Belgium.
Are you interested in the culture and history or more for the modern art and such...?
If you like, we could hang out in Brussels and i could show you around. I love meeting new people.

To answer your question: imagine going to NYC on the 14th of september 2001. You'll be safe
>>
>>1053922
I'm not on the ground there, so I can't tell you what it feels like, but for an internship, it'd be a great central location to be in Europe. It'd be an easy launching point to do weekend explorations, and it has a great bar atmosphere.
>>
>>1053922
>what are the chances?

Zero.

t. Belgian
>>
>>1054004

kek turn on the news

Though an internship in Brussels is worth the risk OP. do it.
>>
>>1053978
It would be my first time in Europe so I'd definitely be into seeing some classic art and museums but normally, I'm more into modern art/culture
>>
>>1054018
>A couple of Jews shot a year and a half ago
>At least 16 arrests in one night
>One lonely OP in a city of over a million people.

Okay, maybe I was incorrect. His odds are 1 on >1.150.000. I'd take those odds.
>>
>>1053922
Crap bait thread
>>
>>1053922
I lived in Brussels for a year. It's not as dangerous as people believe. Yeah its probably one of the more dangerous cities in Western Europe, but that still makes it safer than the overwhelming majority of cities in any other part of the world.
A lot of times I walked home alone at night after going out in the center, crossing the African quarter in Ixelles. Nothing ever happened. I also used to be friends with a blonde female person in Molenbeek, so I was there a couple of times. Yeah there are a lot of muslims walking around there and personally I really don't like the sight of bourkhas, but I wouldn't say it's a no-go area or something (then again there's not really a reason to go there though, everything fun happens eastside of the canal). The only place where I felt kinda unsafe was walking around at North Station at night and the nearby redlight district. Lots of junkies, dealers and homeless people there (North Station is okay during the day though).

The fun thing to do in the city is the same as everywhere - consuming alcohol. And those Belgian beers sure are delicious. Brussels has a vibrant internship scene - Place Luxembourg, Place Jourdan, Châtelain. Especially Thursday is the day for internship people to meet at Place Lux. Lots of annoying overachievers (I wasn't even done with my bachelors degree when I used to go there and people still tried to "network" with me), but you'll eventually find some cool people.
>>
>>1054030

>Highest level of terrorist threat
>Military presence on the streets
>>
Brussels is known to be a really dangerous city, and its not fake rumors. But everywhere can be dangerous, you just have to be smart, don't walk alone in the middle of the night etc.
You do definitely see the city emptying out of people when it gets dark tho. Honestly not my favorite city, but its all what you're looking for.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.