[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm from Finland ask me anything
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 8
>>
Do you have a cool dick?
Why are you posting this here?
>>
What is the most scenic place in your country? Do you have immigrants? Crime?
>>
>>1052931
Yeah can you translate madventures season 1&2 to english
>>
>>22840846
What's the suicide rate there?
Why do you have black candy that tastes like Satan?
>>
Are the boys there cute?
>>
Perkele???
>>
Suomi on pommi :-D
>>
Jävla finne ;)
>>
I might go there for an erasmus, studying education.

I heard there is a problem with alchool and drunkards in the streets, how bad it is?

My option for eramsus is Oulu, how good/bad is that city?

Do people from the south have problems with the lack of sun? or is it bearable?

Is your educational system interesting? or is it made from hard work from high taxes?
>>
>>1053711
I've heard that fininsh people drink more than russians
>>
File: the-mist.gif (1 MB, 300x160) Image search: [Google]
the-mist.gif
1 MB, 300x160
>>1053711
Oulu is my fav town in Finland. Bigger than Turku, not as faggy as Helsinki, awesome people. Nice couchsurfing community. I also know couple of foreigners that are there as Erasmus students and love it.
T:turkulainen
>>
>>1053385

Just learn finnish
>>
>>1052931
I think you should go to /int/ veli
>>
>>1053630
>What's the suicide rate there?
>Why do you have black candy that tastes like Satan?
Because we have no real food culture so we have to entertain ourselves with eating weird candy. But seriously it's delicious, probably the only good thing about this country
>>
How do Finish people feel about Americans? Standard stuff that we're terrible and fat and get shot?
>>
File: Recommened areas of study.png (184 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
Recommened areas of study.png
184 KB, 1024x1024
I heard anywhere outside of Helsinki for doing Masters is, realistically, a bad idea.
Any truth to that?
>>
>>1052931
>>>/int/
>>
>>1053853
it depends on what you study. Helsinki uni is the hardest uni to get in.
>>
>>1052931
as >>1053874 said, this belong in /int/
but I'll take the chance and ask
what's there in finland for tourist?
as in, what would attract someon to go there?
I'm asking because a girl at my uni is going there to study and I just can't see why someone would want to go there instead of other country
>>
File: image.jpg (250 KB, 850x570) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
250 KB, 850x570
>>1052970
Lapland or lakeland

Not much mainly Russians and Estonians Somero Somalis

Crime is low

>>1053630
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_suicide_rate

33rd

Finland was a relative latecomer to industrialisation, remaining a largely agrarian country until the 1950s. It rapidly developed an advanced economy while building an extensive Nordic-style welfare state, resulting in widespread prosperity and one of the highest per capita incomes in the world.

Finland is a top performer in numerous metrics of national performance, including education, economic competitiveness, civil liberties, quality of life, and human development. In 2015, Finland is ranked first in the World Human Capital[11] and the Press Freedom Index, and as the most stable country in the world in the Failed States Index. In 2010, Newsweek chose Finland as the best country in the world.

Helsinki is the capital of the country

The Helsinki metropolitan area includes the urban core of Helsinki, Espoo, Vantaa, Kauniainen, and surrounding commuter towns.[8] It is the world's northernmost metro area of over one million people, and the city is the northernmost capital of an EU member state. The Helsinki metropolitan area is the fourth largest Nordic metropolitan area after the metropolitan areas of Copenhagen, Stockholm, and Oslo, and the City of Helsinki is the third biggest Nordic city after Stockholm and Oslo.

Helsinki is Finland's major political, educational, financial, cultural, and research center as well as one of northern Europe's major cities. Approximately 70% of foreign companies operating in Finland have settled in the Helsinki.

Population city about 620 000, Metro 1 420 000

IIn 2011, the Monocle magazine ranked Helsinki the most liveable city in the world in its "Liveable Cities Index 2011". In the Economist Intelligence Unit's August 2015 Liveability survey, assessing the best and worst cities to live in globally, Helsinki placed among the world's top ten cities.
>>
File: image.jpg (211 KB, 960x543) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
211 KB, 960x543
>>1053928
http://www.planetware.com/tourist-attractions/finland-sf.htm
>>
File: image.jpg (120 KB, 424x650) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
120 KB, 424x650
>>1053852
How do Finish people feel about Americans? nothing negative

Stereotypes are fat, average american eats a lot of unheathy food, likes guns etc
>>
File: image.jpg (153 KB, 1350x625) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
153 KB, 1350x625
>>1053711
I heard there is a problem with alchool and drunkards in the streets, how bad it is? nope not bad

My option for eramsus is Oulu, how good/bad is that city? Its ok cold in the winter

Do people from the south have problems with the lack of sun? or is it bearable? In summer sun rises 4am sets down 11pm

Is your educational system interesting? or is it made from hard work from high taxes? Good system
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 2310x1534) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 2310x1534
>>1053904
Its also the best
>>
>>1053967
Meh. Turku would be my weapon of choice.
>>
miksi helvetissä et pysy ylilaudalla
>>
>>1053962
>nothing negative

are you kidding me? are you really Finnish?
>>
>>1054050
I'm Finnish and have nothing against Americans. What's your point?
>>
>>1054050

In general, people do have a lot against Americans. I'm just surprised you're living in a barrel where everyone's good with Americans, when in reality it's not that simple at all.

American tourists? Sure! We're nice to them! They give us money and help Finland grow its economy!

Americans in America? Aw hell naw.
>>
Is it true that Finnish girls have the largest breasts out of any Norse nation?
>>
>>1054286
No. You're thinking of Sweden.
>>
>>1054049
tää
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.