[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey everyone, so I could possibly have an opportunity to move
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: cropped-florida_map2.gif (192 KB, 1379x718) Image search: [Google]
cropped-florida_map2.gif
192 KB, 1379x718
Hey everyone, so I could possibly have an opportunity to move to Surfside, Florida (in Miami). Has anyone ever been there? What's it like? Also I'm transgender so I'm curious how much of an issue that will be over there, I know Florida is sort of conservative
>>
>>1051809
you would be better in San Fransisco
>>
Miami is full of lgbt bars/social clubs. You won't be out of place.

I found Miami to be pretty bleh personally.
The architecture is for shit, it's uncomfortably hot/humid, and the culture, or lack thereof, leaves something to be desired.
>>
>>1051814

No really. Sf isn't as progressive as you think. Most of the transgender people are sex workers because they find it almost impossible to find a job.
>>
>>1051902
Uhh do you live here it's as liberal as any eastern area of the US I've ever been to... which is all of it.
>>
>>1051809
Miami is full of trannies, I wouldnt wanter too far inland though.

Key West is pretty close too (for florida), and that has a huge gay scene.
>>
>>1051809
Grew up three blocks away. You'll be fine.
It's 10-15 minutes from all the action on south beach, but nice and quiet, lots of old Jews in the houses and wealthier people in the buildings.
>>
>>1053291
>Grew up three blocks away. You'll be fine.
>It's 10-15 minutes from all the action on south beach, but nice and quiet, lots of old Jews in the houses and wealthier people in the buildings.
This. It's simply another one of the miami beach neighborhoods of just a few blocks before you're in the next municipality (lots of little towns along Collins from South Beach to Aventura). Historically, might have been more Jewish in yesteryears, say pre-art deco movement (1990). After that, it's just become the next affordable neighborhood up after the one above or below you on A1A got more gentrified.

You're extremely close to Haulover, which has a clothing optional beach, good kites and surfing and a marina. Just north of that you're in Aventura, which has some of the best restaurant/shopping options (probably take you years to visit each great place). For drinking fun, you're a very cheap taxi or bus ride away from South Beach and Lincoln Road fun stuff. Great location really. You will face zero discrimination, which isn't a Miami thing in the slightest. Dunno who suggested Key West, but it's not needed. at. all. Miami is an unusual place that is truly multi-cultural, multi-ethnic and pretty damn cultured and educated. It's just a non-issue. No one who grew up there has any kind of that mentality you'd be concerned about.

I'd suggest never going to mainland Miami unless you cut across 163rd street to I-95 to the Palmetto to Turnpike, etc and parts further north or south. Or, you drive down A1A South all the way to Julia Tuttle Causeway or MacArthur. The inbetween neighborhoods sucks a good 15 miles between I-95 and the coast, from 163rd down to say 22nd. The islands of miami beach are always fine, but it's this element of crap where crime lives, and sometimes comes into the beach at night.
>>
Stay out of my city degenerate. Stay in California.
>>
File: putinmedal.jpg (30 KB, 500x348) Image search: [Google]
putinmedal.jpg
30 KB, 500x348
>>1053370
>>
>>1051978

Name some places with transsexual employees that isn't mcdonalds. Yes, its very liberal in view, but when it comes down to it, SF is not some haven for transexuals. They face the same lack of opportunities here that they face other places.
>>
>>1054010
There are a shitload of them. Google HRCs Workforce equality index. Even conservative places like Raytheon and Romney's own Bain? Capital have 100% scores.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.