[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If anybody here is in Paris, I hope you're okay. Please
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5
If anybody here is in Paris, I hope you're okay. Please stay safe.

:(
>>
File: 1420488853417.png (713 KB, 1035x621) Image search: [Google]
1420488853417.png
713 KB, 1035x621
>>1050474
Religion of peace, am I right?
>>
File: IMG_1989.jpg (112 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1989.jpg
112 KB, 1024x683
im worryed about the TGV
>>
>>1050474

My friend is on vacation in Paris . He told me that he risked being in the bags blacks . Fortunately, everything ok
>>
all ythe renaut vans tho
>>
>>1050474

My girlfriend is in Paris right now.

Luckily she is safe, but everything is on complete lock down, and she is meant to be flying out tomorrow which i don't think will happen anymore...
>>
Will Paris still be a safe travel destination?
>>
>>1050554
Like the other European countries.
>>
>>1050557
What do you mean?
>>
My Mum and Sister arrived in Paris for the first time yesterday. They didn't even know about the attacks until they went back to the hotel. What a first impression of Paris.
>>
>>1050558
when you nod your head yes but you wanna say no
>>
>>1050558
Avoid the "diverse" areas? Every Western city has ethnic slums these days and they're not the place you want to be, especially if you're white
>>
Hey guys. I'm a new traveller. First time ever actually leaving the state I live in, within australia.
I'm flying out of Australia to Paris on the 24th of November. Do you think there is any chance of me not being able to fly out because of all this?
>>
>>1050569
I'm a parisian myself and it should be ok, just except important security controls I guess
>>
>>1050571
I meant expect* important security controls
>>
>>1050572
Are you sure? I mean 10 days is a long time i guess. But i am living for this trip. Have been for months, have so much money put into it and its the only thing I've looked forward to in a long time.
>>
>>1050577
According to an article I just read on the french press, only American Airlines suspended its flights, traffic is OK for the others airlines, but flights delays are expected due to renforced security measures http://www.aeroportsdeparis.fr/en/homepage
>>
>>1050577
These were pretty brutal events, anon. Even the most naive of optimists wouldn't expect things to go back to normal in 10 days. That being said, I don't think there will be tanks patrolling the streets or anything, but a military presence at certain locations doesn't seem unheard of- France deployed troops to protect Jews and other targets after the Hebdo thing earlier this year.
>>
>>1050579
I'm perfectly okay with military presents and tightened security. My fear was that I wouldn't actully be able to fly from Australia to Paris, friend.
>>
>>1050580
Well flights are maintained for now, just keep an eye on the news to keep you informed, but it should be ok I guess
>>
>>1050580
Oh. I was just adding on to what the other anon said about security controls.
Pretty sure flights are already back to normal with 99% of airlines not reacting at all to begin with.
>>
>>1050569
In a word, no
>>
File: 1445935265977.jpg (252 KB, 635x600) Image search: [Google]
1445935265977.jpg
252 KB, 635x600
>>1050569
Man you chose a bad time to go there to be honest, pretty much right before the climate summit is taking place. After the stuff that happened yesterday they're going to raise an army to guard Paris during the summit.

You'll be able to travel there perfectly fine but there's going to be a different atmosphere.

This whole ISIS/radical shit is hitting close to home though, I'm 300 km away from Paris, I also live in a large to small-ish city and for the first time in my life I actually feel my sense of safety decreasing.

Very sad times.
>>
>>1050590
>for the first time in my life I actually feel my sense of safety decreasing.

That really is depressing. Do you have money? We in the US call this phenomenon "white flight" and it is an unfortunate reality of our modern lives. We could debate the ethics and morality of it but the brunt reality is that we are tribal people with a unquestionable instinctual drive to value our own genes above others.
Stay safe, anon.
>>
File: 1446817946179.jpg (250 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
1446817946179.jpg
250 KB, 640x1136
>>1050596
Ehh yeah I could move away, it's not like I'm so afraid I'll run away though. It's just a very weird feeling, catching yourself on being "cautious" during your everyday doings.

And yeah in the end we're just a bunch of savages with different ideologies, but we have to put stuff into perspective. We've never lived safer and more protected lives, this is just another challenge of these times, every generation has known tragedies like this, we'll get over it.

I might buy a gun though :^)
>>
>>1050590
desu I live 12km away from Paris in a town called Le VĂ©sinet and we feel pretty safe here. Of course I don't really consider going to Paris now using the RER, but there is no rational reason to be afraid if you're outside of a big city
>>
I'm working at the super bowl this year. Should I be worried? Seems like a logical target.
>>
>>1050605
no since the superbowl is in the US
>>
Just stay away from the no-go zones and you'll be fine.
>>
>>1050606
So? ISIS is definitely in the US.
>>
>>1050605
>I'm working at the super bowl this year. Should I be worried? Seems like a logical target.
In general, yes. Since 9/11 I avoid big gatherings now if they could be classified like that. But, you can be assured they will have the best security in the world.
>>
>>1050614

I am responsible for hiring the security so I know that's not true.
>>
>>1050613
But they certainly aren't as big as in the UK, France or Germany
>>
>>1050618
>People keep bombing the shit out of our countries and cities
>Let's fix it by bombing the shit out of theirs

I know war is a necessary evil, but we've been fighting this war for a long time, and so far nothing much has changed. If anything, things have gotten worse.
>>
>>1050615
>Guy responsible for hiring security for the Superb Owl is posting on 4chan...
>>
>>1050623
>2015
>feeding obvious troll

Report, hide and move on.
>>
>>1050631

The person in charge is actually a woman :)
>>
>>1050623

Imagine if they applied your logic when Hitler was ravaging Europe? Well they did for a long time, and things only got better when the good guys got over themselves and decided to fight back.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.