[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Kuwait
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 6
File: 5774-004-B12353D0.jpg (34 KB, 525x435) Image search: [Google]
5774-004-B12353D0.jpg
34 KB, 525x435
Hello,
First of all, i am new to the /trv/ board so please forgive me if i make any mistakes.

I have met a girl from Kuwait which was on holiday to my country (netherlands). She asked me to visit her in Kuwait, but i have doubts if it is safe, and how the general acceptation is there from the population.

I would be traveling with Qatar airways.

Her family won't be a problem because i already met her sister and her dad and her mum know about this and invited me over.

Is it safe to travel to kuwait?
Is it safe for a non-muslim to be there with a lady?

Please advise.
>>
Kuwait is safe to travel but no public displays of affection or allowed and alcohol can be hard to come by. Don't get me wrong, it's not impossible, but it's technically illegal so you are dealing with a black, prohibition, type market and all that entails.

I'd suggest, after meeting the fam, take a flight over to UAE or Bahrain for more wesern style fun. There is shoping there but even Kuwaitiis go to the aforementioned destinations for leisure. It's funny being on a plane, they announce they have left Kuwaiti airspace, and there's a long line at the bathroom and women go inside in burkas, and come out in their most luxurious western style dresses and wear.

But to your main point, no issue being a westerner. A lot of western military, contractors, and other expats there already.
>>
>>1040679
tl;dr You can be out with a female, unlike Saudi, but no touching or PDA. She might have a male family member there, just because, though.
>>
Okay guys thanks for the advices so Far! How is the public transport there? Or would it be better to rent a car?

Am i allowed to drive with a kuwaiti girl next to me?
>>
Taxis for public transport. The driving is crazy though, but it was up my alley as an aggressive driver. There should be no problem with you driving with her. You can even hold hands in public. It's not Saudi.
>>
File: liberation day kuwait.jpg (69 KB, 731x543) Image search: [Google]
liberation day kuwait.jpg
69 KB, 731x543
Been there a few times -- Westerners are made to feel welcome, no worries.

As has been mentioned, be a little cautious about about physical affection when in public, and likely when around her family. It is not, in Kuwait, so much of a "we will kill you" thing as just a possible offense against manners. I recall meeting a woman through work -- she was from an old Kuwaiti family, and had been educated in the west. There was zero romantic interest or anything, but she did offer to show a few of us around town for a little sight-seeing.

At one point she called her father on the phone, she wanted to bring us by to meet her family and see their home. Pop agreed to this, but just "coincidentally" her brother sowed up where we were having lunch within about ten minutes of her call.

He was cool though, and when we met her family later, her father was a very warm and friendly man -- he was.

Pic semi-related -- on "liberation Day," things get a little looser...
>>
>>1040872

>Am i allowed to drive with a kuwaiti girl next to me

Not sure if trolling or actually retarded
>>
>>1040982
I would not think he is either. That's an issue in some Islamic countries. Not knowing which ones, but knowing enough to ask, seems not unreasonable.

You are on /trv/ now, welcome, but maybe lurk a bit?
>>
>>1040984

This is not an issue in any Islamic countries except Saudi Arabia and those in a state of war.
>>
>>1040959
Hahahaha i dont want an accident so ill stick to the taxi i guess ;)

>>1040963

Ah thanks for sharing the experiences, this was exactly the things i was wondering,
Its comforting to hear that they are becoming western-ish when it comes to that.

I will meet her family indeed and we will do some sight-seeing ;)

>>1040982
I am not trolling, i wanna be extra careful because i have no experience in muslim-minded countries, dont wanna end up with a fine or jail or something.

>>1040988
Thanks ! That is quite comforting ;)

Any more experiences in kuwait so far?
>>
nobody?

Anyways thanks for the advice!
>>
>>1040668

Kuwait is dead safe, man. You will be fine. Just don't try to fuck her or anything, because it basically is an Islamic state and you have to be mindful of her laws.
>>
Here, Im new from Jordan, but intended to go Kuwait too, but all I have experienced there, as an Arabic country I can tell you that language be only problem especially when you with aggresive taxi driver. Some of them are not actually truthful I don't know why. Im not say fear but may be you face disturbing questions while you are with Taxi driver, they asks why you go to somewhere! All you have to is avoid from upheaval!
But as Islamic country it could be comparable with Jordan or another sandnigger place in point they all aggresive to non-Islams.
But if you are necessary, keep travel over there...good luck bruh!
>>
>>1041810
Easiest way to deal with then is make them run the meter. If meter is not being ran you'll get ripped off. I reckon they can still tale the scenic route. He should have less of an issue, being with a local though.
>>
>>1041816
But you really need to know Arabic. Once I said Im Islam he took 35jod from me while current taxi I didnt tell im islam just took 17jod! I later regretted to say im islam bahah
>>
>>1040963

>It is not, in Kuwait, so much of a "we will kill you" thing as just a possible offense against manners.

Actually, it is a "we will kill you" thing. OP's friend's parents sound cool, but I've heard from a number of people that Kuwaiti men will actually take you out into the desert and fucking kill you if they find out you're fucking their wife/daughter/whatever.

The principal of the school I teach at told me not to get involved with a local girl, or they're fly me out of the country right away, for my own safety.

>>1041810

There aren't really taxi drivers who will get verbally aggressive. They're too scared for their own shit, as they're mostly all illegals. They don't want to cause problems, because they could get fucked over by the law.

Kuwait is nothing like Jordan. Jordanians are really nice and friendly, and don't think the world of themselves. It's also a much more liberal country, with actual sights to see.

Kuwait is pretty shit, with nothing really to do or see.

>>1041816

The meter doesn't count for shit in Kuwait (except the meters that are rigged). If you pay meter price, you're an asshole, cause those drivers are making barely fucking anything. Taxis are cheap as hell anyway. And they don't take the scenic route.
>>
I'm heading to Iran soon, and I figure to provide something different I might as well fly to Kuwait for a quick look and then take a boat to Iran. What is there to do in Kuwait for 2 or 3 days?
>>
Thanks for the opinions guys,

Today i booked my flight :)

Im looking forward to it !

The girl will show me around and transport me most of the times trough kuwait. So no dealing with shitty taxi drivers.

We'll do a lot of sightseeing and dinner with her family. And i will just enjoy my relaxing time of since ive booked a luxury hotel !
>>
>>1041971
>I've heard from a number of people that Kuwaiti men will actually take you out into the desert and fucking kill you if they find out you're fucking their wife/daughter/whatever.

They told you about this happening to them... really?
>>
>>1042535

kek
>>
It's safe but extremely boring. The older Kuwaitis are educated and respectful, the youngers are faggots and whores, not as developed as other gulf countries. There is literally nothing to do there other than shopping in few malls.
>>
>>1042795
What do you normally do that you can't do there?
>>
>>1042795
>It's safe but extremely boring.

Confirmed for not making friends. It reminded of where I grew up in the American South, where most entertaining was done in the home amongst friends. So I can see be it being boring if you're more of a loner. But I had blast with house parties with other expats and the Filipinas that are everywhere as nannies and working retail. Arabs I met when vacationing in Bahrain were brought tier, bur that country is way more open.
>>
>>1041971
>fucking kill you if they find out you're fucking their wife
That would happen in a lot of countries...
>>
>>1040984
>>1040988
Friend of mine is of Indian (India) background, fairly light-skinned. Born and raised in the US though (even a Christian). Some years ago while on a plane he got to talking to the girl sat next to him, and well, long story short they eventually got married. She's Turkish, but from Istanbul, very secular family.

They visited each other back and forth several times each. Once, before being married, they were in eastern Turkey. At *every* hotel they checked into, they were asked if they were married or not, and one hotel even refused to give them a room if they were going to share it. They said there were frequent questions about their relationship to each other...

>>1042800
Are the Filipinasa dtf? Once talked to a British guy, maybe about ten years older than me. His parents (retirees) were living in Kuwait, and he was telling me about how he was fucking their Flip maid whenever he went over to visit.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1445115659549.jpg (129 KB, 972x1296) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1445115659549.jpg
129 KB, 972x1296
>>1042842
>Are the Filipinasa dtf?

Very, but can be clingy and get pretty devastated when you abandon them in Kuwait or trade them in for another model or something.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1445115666344.jpg (101 KB, 972x1296) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1445115666344.jpg
101 KB, 972x1296
>>1042853
But they don't get murderous like the Thai chicks. Mostly just cry and whine on social media. Maybe try to confront your next chick, or your stateside girl. But it's on a conversational tip. Not the curse out/beat your ass Thai shit.
>>
File: Photo Collage Maker_yNmjEJ.png (7 MB, 2560x2560) Image search: [Google]
Photo Collage Maker_yNmjEJ.png
7 MB, 2560x2560
Examples of house parties
>>
>>1042858
I've never dated a Thai girl, but from what I understand, one of the most scary things in existence is a Thai ex-girlfriend?
>>
>>1043146
They're basically like the Asian version of the hot crazy latina or Italian
>>
>>1042535
Same will also take your wife/daughter/sister into the desert and rape them. If she's Asian or African, at least.
>>
>>1043451
So, to be clear, your dead friends told you about being taken out and murdered?
>>
>>1043482
No. Live friends spoke of dead people. How dense are you. Though the rapes do occasionally make the paper.
>>
>>1042795
I hope anon comes back and answers: >>1042796
On what makes it boring/what's lacking
>>
>>1040668
When are you traveling there, OP?
>>
>>1043497
Sorry, my use of the ridiculous to call attention to the foolishness of your post was not successful.
>>
What are my chances as a westerner to score some of that sweet Muslim boipussy?
>>
>>1044281
Way higher than you might think, but not as easy as the Indian/Bangladeshi Boi pussy
>>
>>1044283
Not to mention the Flip boi pussy
>>
>>1044283
But middle Easterners are qt
>>
>>1044257
Im traveling there in Oktober.
>>
>>1044878
There's only a week left in October
>>
>>1044878

At the start of november * Sorry for the mixup :P
>>
Seems like the weather is going down :( only about 30 degrees celsius :(
>>
>>1045200
You there yet?
>>
File: 1446367348224.jpg (184 KB, 1713x667) Image search: [Google]
1446367348224.jpg
184 KB, 1713x667
>>1040668
Sub fag i am a kuwaiti look you can do all the shit you want to do in kuwait fucking even, but don't do shit in public or you are dead not from the law but from us civilians so becare full who you chose to go out with 9h and kuwait is nice at this time of year welcome i guess
>>
>>1047215
Im leaving on friday

>>1047323
hahah ill do nothing in public :P

Thanks m8
>>
>>1042842
Hotels don't like to rent to prostitutes in Turkey, because they get in huge trouble. And if the girl is Turkish and the guy is foreign, there is a chance of it.
>>
>>1042853
>>1042858
Aww. Looks like she either deleted her FB page, or unfriended and blocked me. She can't unsuck this dick, though.
>>
>>1047394
Have a nice flight anon!!! What airlines are you using?
>>
I am not sure if 4chan is blocked there, but if it is try browsing using https. It works in KSA doing that. Of course there are always proxies. But those are violation of 4chan TOS
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.