[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is the Assault Kingdom dead with the coming of the Universal
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: GOODS-00061541_02.jpg (53 KB, 560x560) Image search: [Google]
GOODS-00061541_02.jpg
53 KB, 560x560
Is the Assault Kingdom dead with the coming of the Universal Unit line?
>>
Who cares? They're just overpriced gasha shit anyway. Yeah they're articulated as hell for their size but does anyone really bother with them?
>>
>>5773342
Yes, because they're tiny and take up little space atop all of the aforementioned details.
>>
>>5773342
>Yeah they're articulated as hell for their size

They are not all that articulated to begin with.
hcm pro does it better and is smaller.
Nxedge does it better
>>
>>5773710
>nxedge
Mmmmmnope.
>>
>>5773710
I didn't say they were the most articulated, you are fighting the wrong fight, anon.
>>
HCM Pro did nothing wrong and should have been kept. Instead we get crane-prize shit at HCM Pro prices.
>>
>Assault Kingdom
>Universal Unit line?
Is there even a difference between those two lines?
>>5773710
>hcm pro does it better
And isn't that one dead?
>>
>>5779900
it's must suck to get topped by a line that's already discontinued.

actually Bandai merged HCM pro stuff and MSIA into Robot Damashii/ sprirts.
>>
>>5779900
>Is there even a difference between those two lines?
I read through a crude Google translate on Taghobby that the new line focuses more on the use of ABS plastic over AK's use of mostly PVC (what that means in production costs, I have no clue). I could be totally wrong, though.

The main differences between AK and UU is that there's some sticker usage (at least for series 1 which includes the Origin Gundam and Zaku), and the cases seem to be split between two separate accessory sets like Assault Kingdom 8's Kampfer. Aside from that, it's just a rebranding to get people to buy them.
>>
>>5779900
Little difference, overall. They even reuse the same stand bases. >>5779640
>>
>>5780005
PVC used in toys tends to be a softer kind (varying degrees of softness) and is fairly forgiving with rougher handling. ABS is more rigid and tends to hold detail better like its distant cousin HIPS, ex. all modern Gunpla uses ABS for frame and HIPS on the armor and such. Both can hold sharp details really well. But ABS is rigid and though it's strong it can be easily snapped.
>>
File: Assault Kingdom RX-78 03.jpg (50 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Assault Kingdom RX-78 03.jpg
50 KB, 640x480
>>5773342
>does anyone really bother with them?
Yeah, I love having tiny little Gundams on my desk that I don't have to worry about people stealing because they only cost a few bucks apiece. Plus the fact that they're super poseable means I always have something to mess with.

>They are not all that articulated to begin with.
Really? Cause mostly all of my Assault Kingdoms have excellent articulation, especially because of the soft rubbery skirts and ankle guards. Whereas all my HCM Pros have good but not particularly stellar articulation, and my NXEdges have pretty disappointing articulation. Plus, even if you were correct, both HCM Pro and NXEdge cost several times more than an AK figure.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.