[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
USPS never ceases to amaze me with how incredibly stupid they
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5
File: usps-logo.png (127 KB, 1024x814) Image search: [Google]
usps-logo.png
127 KB, 1024x814
USPS never ceases to amaze me with how incredibly stupid they are. I placed an order for some stuff from a store in Arizona last week, everything seemed like it was going well until tracking went dead for a day or two. No activity or anything. I didn't think much of it until I checked today (the day before the scheduled delivery date) and noticed that my package was last tracked in Washington state... I live in New York City... Thanks USPS for somehow managing to put even more distance between my package and I, quite possibly the furthest it could get in the continental US. Nothing sucks more than having the excitement of something ruined by the incompetence of others. Share your stories so I feel less shitty right now.
>>
USPS service has been getting worse this year. It's becoming common for this to happen

>3 packages hit local sort facility at night
>2 will go onto the local PO the next morning
>1 sits there and takes 1-2 days to get to the PO

I had one take a week to pass through, and last month a seller shipped an item to me and their PO sat on it for a week.

Fedex Smartpost has also gone down the toilet. It takes a week or more for that, and they often bounce it around the same city or 2-3 days.
>>
>>5766428
What pisses me off the most about the post office is the lack of urgency. It's just like "yeah we fucked up and you get to deal with it," no sort of apology or expedited process to make up for how dumb they are.
>>
File: 2d_411R4X30D5L.jpg (18 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
2d_411R4X30D5L.jpg
18 KB, 500x500
>Regular mail man is an indignant piece of shit
>check tracking for a package while at work
>"item in/at mailbox"
>nothing when I get home
>ask mail man the next day
>arrogantly claims "if it says it's in the mailbox then I put it in your mailbox"
>file a claim when a week goes by with no sign of my package
>man on the phone says the local post office supervisor should get in touch with me over the next few days to resolve the issue
>nothing
>neighbor shows up at 11pm almost 2 weeks later with my package in hand.
>never heard a thing from the post office the entire time.
>>
My mailman is swell and from what I've seen the people there are pretty nice too. It's nice to live in a smaller town sometimes.
>>
At least they're not going on strike like Canada Post will likely be doing soon.

Also, a R-SAL I shipped out from Japan on the 9th didn't make it in time.
>>
I really love the "we tried to deliver but you weren't there" notice. Fuck you, I saw you pull up and put it in there without ever getting out of the truck you fat slob.
>>
>>5766452
You're lucky. The line at my post office for package pickup alone is regularly 10+ people. It usually takes about 20 minutes just to pick up a package. I once handed him my pickup slip and when he read that it was an international package he sighed and said "that's way too far for me to walk to right now" then paused and looked at me before reluctantly getting up and walking into the back.
>>
File: bungworm17.png (6 KB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
bungworm17.png
6 KB, 854x480
I once managed to win a set of the original Earthworm Jim figures still sealed for an incredibly good price. I was so excited until the mailman though it would be a good idea to leave a huge package on the front porch of my house in Philadelphia while I was at work. That thing was snagged before I got home and I never heard a single thing from the post office when I filed a report. The guy who stole it probably trashed it after opening it and realizing it was worth nothing to him or anyone else on the street.
>>
I've tried the delivery instructions thing which should work for any domestic package with tracking, but I always get "insufficient information available." How much fucking info do you need to hold mail in the one delivery post in the area? For international mail, I just put a hold on my mail, but half the time they'll still try to deliver it.

For text updates, I've gotten the same update several times over a day, updates from days ago, and updates when things after it have already happened. They can't do computers for shit.
>>
>>5766456
Fucking Canada Post man. I have 4 packages on the way
>Amiami RSAL shipped on the 20th
>Bricklink package from Alberta shipped on the 27th
>Hobbylink Japan RSAL shipped on the 29th
>letter-sized minifigs paid for a couple hours ago

I sense a shitstorm
>>
File: create.jpg (155 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
create.jpg
155 KB, 1000x1000
>>5766492
Had that happen and I had to laugh at the idea of whoever stole my package, and opening it to find toys. But not even whole toys. But these.

>Hope you enjoyed your dolly torsos asshole.
>>
>>5766616
My RSAL has my clothe and stuff I didn't pack with me when I left Japan, plus bunch of figures I packed into plastic bins. Didn't counted on long term storage.

I Fedexed my latest HLJ ordedr, 5 figures 70 CAD shipping, fuck. Was that at 3 figures in too...
>>
File: untitled.png (15 KB, 675x450) Image search: [Google]
untitled.png
15 KB, 675x450
I don't know what this means
>>
>>5766651
It went from the local post office to a bigger post office that does international mail.
>>
>>5766651
It means it's been sent out of Japan to your country, Anon....
>>
>>5766660
>>5766673
will it continue to update on the same website? because on the canada post website nothing shows up for the package number
>>
>>5766448
My mailman is actually a pretty cool guy. He seriously seems to enjoy delivering my packages when he sees they're shipped from Japan or even China. I openly admitted to being a fucking geek and he didn't judge, guess he already knew since he was the one that delivered Tips and Tricks to my house years prior
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.