[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Were they really this expensive?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
So I'm looking for toys to buy to play with since I'm a man child. The Halo 3 McFarlane ones are just too shotty on quality it seems so I gave up on those. Looking for dragon ball ones on amazon and all the ones that have joints and shit are $40+ were they always this expensive? I can't believe they could have been that expensive as a kid. Am I just looking in the wrong place?
>>
Try lurking for a few hours, read some threads, use your brain. It's not hard. You'll learn.
>>
>>5765475

The $40+ are probably the Figuarts, which are 6-ish inch figures with a lot of articulation. The older releases came with a lot of accessories, and the newer ones still come with a fair deal of stuff (extra heads, extra hands, extra faces, sometimes other parts like folded arms, effect parts, etc)

The one you posted are more like, 4-inch ones that are usually more like, $10-ish each. If they're asking $40 for those figures, that's a HUGE ripoff, as they originally sold for about $55-$60 for a 6-figure case.
>>
>>5765475
yeah the picture you posted is for a cheap smaller figure. you can even find it at gothtopic for like 12$. But generally any import figures go for 40$+
>>
>>5765495
They want $23.99-$30 for the 4-ish inch ones. I've looked them up a little. Apparently they are slightly smaller than 3.75 inches. That's really fucking small. I think I'd rather have 6-inch figures as there are probably more characters with the 6 inches than this shodo series.

>>5765498
Was the toy market for DB just bigger back in the early 2000s or something since those seem to be the only ones that aren't imports?
>>
>>5765475
please look up inflation and watch a youtube series on economics
>>
>>5765502
nah you just had a lot of shit figures during that time. Most of them were pretty bad quality compared to now. You pretty much pay for "quality" now if you are trying to get into collecting dbz shit. Check out the dbz thread here to get a idea of what you are getting into.
>>
>>5765507
no thanks
>>
>>5765511
I'm guessing they're just really not for playing with anymore then right? Since the quality and price is so high they're more made for posing than playing.
>>
>>5765522
nah you can play with em, they are still toys
>>
File: 1268522121393.jpg (66 KB, 900x675) Image search: [Google]
1268522121393.jpg
66 KB, 900x675
>>5765522
If you mean "playing" like banging em together and making sound effects, well, yeah, they're not really for that. They are technically adult collectibles and can be damaged if you're rough with em. But they're still bangin toys at the core of it, and as long as you're reasonably careful with them, you can have a lot of fun with them.
>>
They are much higher quality than the toys you were playing with as a kid. Go to the toy isle at WalMart. You'll find a ton of McFarlane shit for under $10. Its just, like you said, garbage.
>>
>>5765475
fuck off peon.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.